Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Though change like this is more of a X.0 territory, and since they are already doing all current four armor types for SL, we wouldn't see that change for 3 years atleast.
    There is still time for it to be added to Shadowlands, and honestly it would incentivize alts even more than currently since yo uwould need 4 alts to get all the covenant armor available for one covenant and 16 if you want all the versions, which you would imagine would be a fantastic way to further highlight the new levelling changes, especially ot people like me who already has all the classes at max level.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Well...there's 3 cloth classes, 4 leather classes, 3 plate classes, and 2 mail classes.

The only classes that have been added are a plate class and two leather classes.

Unless they add tinkers, yeah. It's not happening.
    I don't think there is any rhyme or reason other than "we thought it would be cool to add x" when they add classes. As far as necromancer goes there is also the diablo kind that I wouldn't put past Blizzard to use as a template should they ever dare tread that road. I mean shaman and hunter don't make sense as mail either at the end of the day whatever they add could be mail - well or not.

QAlso don't use the T word, or do you want to summon the tinkle brigade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There is still time for it to be added to Shadowlands, and honestly it would incentivize alts even more than currently since yo uwould need 4 alts to get all the covenant armor available for one covenant and 16 if you want all the versions, which you would imagine would be a fantastic way to further highlight the new levelling changes, especially ot people like me who already has all the classes at max level.
    It remains to be seen if we can even unlock it with alts. It would be entirely pointless to just unlock them if you can only use the one with your current covenant.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't think there is any rhyme or reason other than "we thought it would be cool to add x" when they add classes. As far as necromancer goes there is also the diablo kind that I wouldn't put past Blizzard to use as a template should they ever dare tread that road. I mean shaman and hunter don't make sense as mail either at the end of the day whatever they add could be mail - well or not.

QAlso don't use the T word, or do you want to summon the tinkle brigade?
    Their excuse for making DHs wear leather was that it wouldnt fit though, so unless they simply don't give a toss about hunters and shamans then there is no good reason they couldnt just make DHs mail and achieve perfect loot drop parity with 3 classes per armor type.

- - - Updated - - -

It remains to be seen if we can even unlock it with alts. It would be entirely pointless to just unlock them if you can only use the one with your current covenant.
    You most likely can unlock it with alts, the likely outcome is simply that the different transmogs are locked behind being part of said covenant. This would allow you to make, say, a warrior for Night Fae, get all the transmog and when your DK joins the Night Fae as well you have the armor instantly. Same with mounts.

They've already made armors for all the 4 armor types for every covenant, raid and legendaries. Why would they scrap one of them now?

Their excuse for making DHs wear leather was that it wouldnt fit though, so unless they simply don't give a toss about hunters and shamans then there is no good reason they couldnt just make DHs mail and achieve perfect loot drop parity with 3 classes per armor type.
    Nah, demon hunters wearing leather makes sense. They're supposed to be agile acrobatic warriors who don't wear heavy armor so they can strike quickly and maneuver the battlefield.

Mail is probably too heavy for that. Leather makes more sense. OF COURSE they could also have just done it anyway because mail in the game just looks like plate armor anyway most of the time so none of it really matters anymore, I guess.

We don't know the unlock criteria for the covenant armor/weapons/mounts yet do we?

You most likely can unlock it with alts, the likely outcome is simply that the different transmogs are locked behind being part of said covenant. This would allow you to make, say, a warrior for Night Fae, get all the transmog and when your DK joins the Night Fae as well you have the armor instantly. Same with mounts.
    That is my point, I'm pretty sure you will still need to be allied with them as well. Which would make unlocking them for the sake of unlocking them pointless, because at the end of the day you'd just run with the one that fits the class.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Nah, demon hunters wearing leather makes sense. They're supposed to be agile acrobatic warriors who don't wear heavy armor so they can strike quickly and maneuver the battlefield.

Mail is probably too heavy for that. Leather makes more sense. OF COURSE they could also have just done it anyway because mail in the game just looks like plate armor anyway most of the time so none of it really matters anymore, I guess.
    But that's the thing, either they care about what the classes wear, in which case hunter and shamans are the exception. Or they don't in which case shamans and hunters are shafted. There isnt really a way to reconcile the 2.

- - - Updated - - -

That is my point, I'm pretty sure you will still need to be allied with them as well. Which would make unlocking them for the sake of unlocking them pointless, because at the end of the day you'd just run with the one that fits the class.
    For collecors knowing that you have them all unlocked, ready to use in case you want to swap your covenant from Kyrian to Venthyr one expansion to better fit your mog would be pretty impactful. Obviously it wouldnt matter much to players that only want a specific covenant, but most players do not use all their mounts, nor do collectors, but they want them all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    We don't know the unlock criteria for the covenant armor/weapons/mounts yet do we?
    Best guess i would have is that it works similar to the Order hall transmog, the one that was a recolor of the MoP challenge mode gear. Where you get a few pieces at a time, slowly building it up until you have it all at the end.
    Either that or you get the entire transmog as a reward for doing something big for the covenant, my guess being finishing the endgame questline or something.

Arguably DH is the archetype of the naked battle monk which either wears cloth/nothing or everything up to platemail bikinis. There is nothing leather-like about their original design, which is practically just a skirt and bandages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking through the covenant sets, they seem to be pretty much done with them, yet the Ard cloth set is still lacking a lot of... everything really.

It's making me kinda worried.

Formerly known as Arafal

Arguably DH is the archetype of the naked battle monk which either wears cloth/nothing or everything up to platemail bikinis. There is nothing leather-like about their original design, which is practically just a skirt and bandages.
    Oh no, that's absolutely the case. But you can't have "can wear any armor" in game.

Hence why they need to do away with it and just have light/medium/heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looking through the covenant sets, they seem to be pretty much done with them, yet the Ard cloth set is still lacking a lot of... everything really.

It's making me kinda worried.
    What is missing? The tints?

The set itself looks quite done.
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/923356.jpg

Oh no, that's absolutely the case. But you can't have "can wear any armor" in game.

Hence why they need to do away with it and just have light/medium/heavy.
    Wearing specific armor still makes sense, otherwise the gearing system would more or less collpase at the higher levels seeing as you would either have to itemize all gear to fit everyone or go around LFRs with half the healers in strength gear, or huntards wearing intellect.
    What is a bigger point of contention though is allowing players to transmog it, and in this world of all gear being removable with transmog, joke weapons and typeless cosmetic sets galore there is no good reason given by Blizzard to restrict things without arguing in circles.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is missing? The tints?
    It's tremendously lacking 3D assets and detail.
    It quite literally is just a plain robe with next to nothing on it.

Compared to all other cloth sets, it's really bad.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's tremendously lacking 3D assets and detail.
    It quite literally is just a plain robe with next to nothing on it.

Compared to all other cloth sets, it's really bad.
    Could say the same for the Mail set, looks unfinished and more like a dungeon set than what you would expect as the final grand reward for allying with a covenant potentially for the rest of the expansion.
    But no, i assume Blizzard simply didnt put that much effort into some of the transmogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sorta like the Ardenweld set if only cause I don't think I have a plate set thats very natureesque so that would be an interesting niche. I adore the Kyrian one to death, Venthyr is cool and Maldraxxus is well very necromancy/Death Knight ish so.... yeah. Probably Kyrian or Ardenweld if I'm guessing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

One of these designs is cooler than the other. Spoiler: it's the first one.
    Make that practical and i'll agree.

Also don't use the T word, or do you want to summon the tinkle brigade?
    To the forums! We must drum up support for the Tinkler class!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I sorta like the Ardenweld set if only cause I don't think I have a plate set thats very natureesque so that would be an interesting niche. I adore the Kyrian one to death, Venthyr is cool and Maldraxxus is well very necromancy/Death Knight ish so.... yeah. Probably Kyrian or Ardenweld if I'm guessing.
    You can tell that most of the effort went into designing the plate sets to have thm ready for the presentation, not that all the other ones look terrible, but i doubt that many of them were beyond very early concept stages by the time they had decided to show off the plate ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could say the same for the Mail set, looks unfinished and more like a dungeon set than what you would expect as the final grand reward for allying with a covenant potentially for the rest of the expansion.
    That the mail set doesn't look finished either, gives me some hope that they are just not done yet.
    But it's been 2 builds now and the sets still look the same while the rest are good to go, which is really worrying.

Formerly known as Arafal

I wouldn't expect any armor changes besides the mail Ardenweald set getting a better texture.

They designed themself into a corner by the sheer concept of the set: scavenged bug parts. How do you add extra plating to it?