Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    What even is the point of bringing back Turalyon if you're just going to kill him to feed Sylvanas' murder list? Surface level this seems like trash but maybe it will be better in the book (doubtful).
    Because Turalyon was instrumental to defeating the Burning Legion, which was the original purpose of his character? Killing him not only completes the Windrunner trifecta but gives his son Arator more time to shine. God knows this story could do without more humans.

It's not like he was robbed of any purpose. He defeated the Burning Legion with his allies, then helped the Alliance win the Fourth War. What else do you want him to do, sit and give quests until the end of time?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Turalyon was instrumental to defeating the Burning Legion, which was the original purpose of his character? Killing him not only completes the Windrunner trifecta but gives his son Arathor more time to shine. God knows this story could do without more humans.
    Why not get rid of Blanduin then? Why get rid of the one unique human (for human standards in wow at least).

Why not get rid of Blanduin then? Why get rid of the one unique human (for human standards in wow at least).
    Well, Turalyon is really just a draeneiboo.

But yes, let's get rid of Anduin, please.

Because regardless of the fandom's hate for him, Anduin has more purpose and legs in the story than Turalyon, who would only continue to exist as the world's token lightforged human. As Yarathir mentioned he also steals the spotlight from both kinds of Draenei.

I see absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be "replaced" with Arator.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2020-05-10 at 07:47 PM.

Because Anduin has the potential to be more interesting by virtue of still having stuff to learn.
    Turalyon is already a millennia old general who did what other worlds have struggled with for eons, defeating the Burning Legion. He got to go back to Azeroth and see his homeworld, even meet influental figures from the past like Alonsus Faol and make peace with what the world had become. There isnt really anywhere for his story to go except to sit around and be "Alliance general type"#10.
    While you could potentially squeeze out more interesting content with him you could also squeeze out a whole ton more interesting content by having Sylvanas kill him, fueling Allerias rage, as well as the Alliance leadership and potentially players who liked him way back.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Turalyon is fairly important for those who've been with wow since the beginning.
    And then they saw that he was some Naaru-serving draeneiboo and became depressed.

This will definitely get pushback from delusional fans who think that Sylvanas won't get punished for it though, as her shopping list of atrocities is pretty high and she still has yet to be confirmed a raid boss. Maybe they'll time the reveal of Nathanos as a raid boss in Nathria around release to give a hint?

Because I doubt they will officially confirm her as a raid boss until Blizzcon.

Turalyon is fairly important for those who've been with wow since the beginning.
    He is an influental character, but he doesnt really have a purpose that warrants continued exposure in the story, especially when there are alreayd so many fighting for those same exposure rights, perhaps most fittingly his son.

Yes, it kinda sucks that he dies, but it isnt like we lose out on that many potentially interesting sotries, whereas if he dies we are guaranteed to get a really juicy story out of his death.

7+ Year Old Account
    If he's dead, i could see getting a questline where we go into the Maw and help Alleria search for and save him.

Or he could be part of the Sylvanas boss fight.

Formerly known as Arafal

The thing is, she doesn't really need to add more to the list. And really, killing him in a novel?
    Turalyon's death isn't a "care about killing Sylvanas move", it's a guaranteed outcome of the Windrunner story. All three men were destined to die.

Even if Anduin has more plot armor and story importance, Turalyon > Anduin.

Imagine how cool it would be for Turalyon to btfo Anduin and become High King (Despite the fact High King shouldn't exist).

Players who liked him way back probably don't need more reasons to hate Sylvanas.
    You'd be surprised.

Besides, him being killed by Sylvanas would fuel far more interesting stories with Nathanos being the last Windrunner boytoy alive, not to mention the Alliance drama being further garnered from Turalyon being killed, which is kinda necessary to justofy the Alliance commiting to one last charge now that most of their armies are gone.

Turalyon's death isn't a "care about killing Sylvanas move", it's a guaranteed outcome of the Windrunner story. All three men were destined to die.
    Nathanos is still alive though, I would gladly trade Turalyon's life if it ensured Nathanos' death.

Imagine how cool it would be for Turalyon to btfo Anduin and become High King (Despite the fact High King shouldn't exist).
    The hamburger bum joke NPC would be "cooler" than Anduin, I don't see your point.

Anduin isn't a cool or exciting leader but that's not exactly his purpose as a character, and Blizz doesn't seem to have any want to make a "hype" leader for either faction ever again. Just leaders that don't do faction wars (Anduin and Thrall).

- - - Updated - - -

Nathanos is still alive though, I would gladly trade Turalyon's life if it ensured Nathanos' death.
    Datamining heavily implies that he is a raid boss, perhaps as early as 9.0.

It would be far more cool if Anduin got actual good characterization. You don't solve much by replacing a character in desperate need of interesting character development arcs with one whose character arc was finished long ago off-screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Nathanos has a boss flag in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would be far more cool if Anduin got actual good characterization. You don't solve much by replacing a character in desperate need of interesting character development arcs with one whose character arc was finished long ago off-screen.
    But also, as this fandom has expressly shown, characterization is 99% of the time disliked or seen as consumer-unfriendly by Blizz taking years upon years to write them. So really WoW isn't the kind of product that should have big elaborate arcs.

The fact that classic, where most characters were their most pulpy and one-note, is telling. Blizzard is fighting a losing war with their narrative.

Anduin isn't a cool or exciting leader but that's not exactly his purpose as a character, and Blizz doesn't seem to have any want to make a "hype" leader for either faction ever again. Just leaders that don't do faction wars (Anduin and Thrall).
    Anduin as a character is unredeemable for me ever since he failed to uphold Varian's promise in SoO, but I understand the points here.

Nathanos has a boss flag in Shadowlands.
    If it's confirmed then bye bye Turalyon, was nice knowin' ya! Will gladly trade your life for Nathan Simpcaller

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's confirmed then bye bye Turalyon, was nice knowin' ya! Will gladly trade your life for Nathan Simpcaller
    Being a boss doesn't mean he dies tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Very true, but I can hope

Anduin as a character is unredeemable for me ever since he failed to uphold Varian's promise in SoO, but I understand the points here.

If it's confirmed then bye bye Turalyon, was nice knowin' ya!
    That is the fact that truly boggles my mind. I get Anduin not wanting to decisively end it because he isnt that kind of person, but why does the rest of the Alliance go along with it?
    Of course, this is just part of the larger problems with BfA, not really fair on Anduin to take all the blame when the rest of the cast doesnt act like they should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    True, but there isnt really any point in letting Nathanos live beyond Shadowlands though.
    I could definitely see him be a boss fight and then get ressurected or flee all the way until the final raid, but he definitely aint surviving past this expansion.