Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    But how long will that be a complaint? If they give a satisfactory fight between the Night Elves and Azshara on Kalimdor soil for example, will people still be complaining "well yeah but BFA sucked"? It was unfortunate timing that Tyrande's nemesis was Sylvanas instead of Azshara during BFA, but if the trajectory is that Azshara will be Tyrande's ultimate nemesis then I doubt people will be harping on a (by then 2-4 years old) expansion.
    I suppose. Still though, that won't make BfA less of a dodgy mess of writing. It will just make that new piece good.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Tyrande as the avatar of elune's vengence, brimming with the power of the night warrior VS Sylvanas empowered by the Jailer and the ever growing Maw from her plot to trap the newly deceased ... in a cinematic. That's be an action packed, epic cinematic,
    I'll make and expansion out of it just give me Ion's job......Oh wait that would mean another expansion with Sylvanas as the villain. Ugh. Okay give me Ion's job now, and I'll make sure SL gets a good ending. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Knowing Blizz I'd buy them killing her off without resolving any of her plots.
    I could absolutely see that happening. They would give her some pseudo conclusion regarding vengeance=bad, then have her die and never be relevant again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would be. But for that matter, so would a great many other things be as well. Just because something is cool and fits doesnt mean we can assume that is happening. Especially after we were denied a Faction war themed final raid for BfA in favor of the wet towel of an ending that Ny'alotha turned out to be.
    Oh I'm not assuming it's happening. I'm just saying it'd be something cool to see.

I disagree with the "lol dey kill Tyrande" critiques being at all realistic, it feels a bit brainlessly bleak and goes against the amount of work they are putting into her storyline as well as the build up to Elune. Even the Teldrassil massacre is a cultural reboot that barely any races get in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't Tyrande supposed to be sharing the Night warrior's power with other Nelves?

cultural reboot

I don't think its a cultural reboot or anything crazy like that. Just a bit more relevance(One would hope) and not turn the Alliance into a Blue Horde(Blizzard....)

We're not gonna get the full story even at launch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could absolutely see that happening. They would give her some pseudo conclusion regarding vengeance=bad, then have her die and never be relevant again.
    Or like She saves the souls, then decides to stay behind to hold off Sylvanas so we can escape with the souls and they retcon her rage to be just about the Maw thing despite her clearly not knowing anything about it pre-Shadowlands.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think its a cultural reboot or anything crazy like that. Just a bit more relevance(One would hope) and not turn the Alliance into a Blue Horde(Blizzard....)
    Making them angry and "feral" again is absolutely a reboot, many people have complained they were "house elves" in Vanilla-Legion and the massacre seems like a lengthy way to give them a new, less outdated capital and a more vengeful and violent personality.

It's just not a visual reboot.

Hell, Hyjal and Nordrassil is a more lore-friendly and historic capital for them then Darnassus, which was invented solely for WoW.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-07-15 at 06:41 PM.

So... maybe this was one last alpha build they had to put out before they upload the beta build? Do we still think beta will be tonight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty small build

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Making them angry and "feral" again is absolutely a reboot, many people have complained they were "house elves" in Vanilla-Legion and the massacre seems like a lengthy way to give them a new, less outdated capital and a more vengeful and violent personality.

It's just not a visual reboot.

Hell, Hyjal and Nordrassil is a more lore-friendly and historic capital for them then Darnassus, which was invented solely for WoW.
    No they don't need to be fera...all they needed was...actual attention instead of the occassional cameo which is what they were. The Alliance isn't a blue Horde.

Pretty small build

Well poo
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pretty small build
    It might just be a few odds and ends before dropping beta tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    It might just be a few odds and ends before dropping beta tomorrow.
    Agreed. /10chars

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty small build
    Sounds like Beta.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty small build
    Buttt there are voicelines
    Just heard them on the Wowhead stream

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxje98 View Post
    Buttt there are voicelines
    Just heard them on the Wowhead stream
    Nice, love listening to new voice overs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Beta probably tomorrow by the looks of it, RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    My client hasn't even updated to the new build, I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

What is the reasoning everyone assumes no beta til tomorrow?