Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    The MASSIVE MASSIVE problem with these systems is bringing in new players, and bringing BACK old players.
    This was the point of the level squish: Reducing the leveling process to about 6 hours. Otherwise the grind in shadowlands is much smaller in Shadowlands compared to BFA. Even in the leveling experience people are now noting that BFA leveling & 120 experience was really artificially prolonged.

No there are no shortcuts.
    Individual Soulbinds, the largest grind, are shared among all your characters, making switching classes much easier in the same covenant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit boys, are they actually fixing shadow????

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317236/...-spell-changes
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Should fix ele shamans while they're at it

Whelp Void Form is just a cool down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Holy shit boys, are they actually fixing shadow????
    They'd need to get rid of Void Form completely or put it on a talent so we're not forced to use it, otherwise it's not getting fixed. I hate void form and made me turn away from Spriest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    They'd need to get rid of Void Form completely or put it on a talent so we're not forced to use it, otherwise it's not getting fixed. I hate void form and made me turn away from Spriest.
    Well, that's exactly what they are doing.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Time to level my Priest past 112

So a post on the class changes now means a build tomorrow, right? (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Demeisen View Post
    I've never understood the "[mechanic] only matters to the top 1%" argument.

For most players, the relationship between their general skill with the game and time played probably looks something like this:

A player's skill level tends to plateau at a certain level, with further increases over time becoming more and more marginal. This can be due to mechanical reasons, or simply because they don't want to commit more time and effort towards becoming better at a game.
    It's easy to plateau early and difficult to improve after that. Things become very specific, detail oriented, knowledge based, and difficult to conceptualize. Once a player is "good enough" they will often stop seeking to improve, and rather simply play to have fun. Even the best players fall to this trap. To continue to improve, one must continue to iterate, to improve efficiently, one must iterate intelligently. Iterating intelligently instead of just doing the same thing, one is time consuming and requires detailed analysis. It is a slog with very little immediate payoff.

Of note, however, this would apply to most things, not just WoW.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-08-04 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably. Also, it seems like we may get the great beta purge this week too.

Looks that way.

Either that or they're just messing with us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah new build tomorrow for sure.

I actually like the idea of having a talent row that modifies void form, and changing it to a cooldown seems like a good thing.

Now do mages, Blizz

Shame that Shadow went from being a unique and interesting spec to just another type of the same shit in the game, even with Legacy of the Void preserving the old Void Form, if the talent doesn't perform the best in that row then it won't be picked for anything serious. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, will never forget Legion SP.

Sounds good then. Muffinus was tweeting about hunter pet stuff so I'm curious to see if there's anything in the upcoming build.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Shame that Shadow went from being a unique and interesting spec to just another type of the same shit in the game, even with Legacy of the Void preserving the old Void Form, if the talent doesn't perform the best in that row then it won't be picked for anything serious. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, will never forget Legion SP.
    Legion Shadow died with Legion, or maybe even with the first tier, when they nuked S2M. Uniqueness is no excuse for pushing not working and universally panned spec second xpac in a row.

And there is the confirmation of the great beta purge happening tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Let's cross our fingers for a big invite wave!
    I'm right there with you! Good luck everybody when the waves come crashing down!

So they're removing test templates and Flaskataurs?

RIP max lvl endgame testing. That should NEVER be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to remake more stuffs and be more responsive, I like it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi