Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And the lesson they learned is to allow multiple difficulties. And it works. The only content that lacks multiple difficulties is the over world.
    Call me old fashioned but I think an RPG, the persistent world the game is at is supposed to be the BIGGEST feature of it.
    I've said it before, add a toggle like War Mode that turns the world SAVAGE™. Tie into it some spec specific passives that tune up classes so they are all closer together when it comes to soloing instead of the massive outliers that exist now. BOOM challenging solo content
    pristine realms should have happened

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    pristine realms should have happened
    hard agree

there's probably enough people that want a more challenging open world but are dissatisfied with classic that having a couple pristine realms would be worthwhile

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    hard agree

there's probably enough people that want a more challenging open world but are dissatisfied with classic that having a couple pristine realms would be worthwhile
    Ye, dunno about that. They kept feeding us over the years those stories how Vanilla was challenging and stuff, but now when they got Classic, they move the goalpost? Nah. Plenty of private realms with custom features they loved so much before Classic arrived.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-17 at 04:58 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    RTX is coming in the next build apparently, nice!

Are we expecting something tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Are we expecting something tonight?
    I would expect to maybe see week 3 (if there is one) on the PTR at some point.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Considering the game can look this good with shaders, I can't wait to see how good WoW looks with RTX on. This video is *not* actual raytracing, just shaders that achieve a similar effect.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some legendary powers will be available through reputation. I think legendaries will serve exactly same purpose as essences, but this time it will be account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Some legendary powers will be available through reputation. I think legendaries will serve exactly same purpose as essences, but this time it will be account-wide.
    Having the legendary powers account-wide is useless for most people because they are class-specific.

Interesting, all the pre patch content has been turned off on PTR. Curious what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Interesting, all the pre patch content has been turned off on PTR. Curious what will happen.
    What do you mean it has been turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    What do you mean it has been turned off?
    all the pre patch npc's have gone and there's no invasions or quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, Icecrown is back to normal (except the sky)

Hmm... How long of a notice do they usually give us before a pre-patch hits...? A month? 2 weeks? I simply cannot remember...

- - - Updated - - -

all the pre patch npc's have gone and there's no invasions or quests.
    They cancelled the pre-event even before it hit live??????

/s, although I bet there are some thinking exactly that. <.<

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think end of season notice is 2-3 weeks before launch. In the past we also had pre-download, but I don't think they're doing it anymore, now you can just install PTR if you want download patch earlier, all versions share data.

I noticed that earlier, thought my shit was just broke and reported a bug and then went and tested Exile's Reach for a while.

3+ Year Old Account
    I believe simple explanations are the best, and to me the simplest explanation is that they've got enough feedback out of the current PTR build and turned the content off to avoid people burning themselves out (since it's not a lot of content) and not caring anymore by the time the next build's up.

And here I had just gotten hooked on corpse camping allies in the new quest areas. Ah well.
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-08-17 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    I believe simple explanations are the best, and to me the simplest explanation is that they've got enough feedback out of the current PTR build and turned the content off to avoid people burning themselves out (since it's not a lot of contents) and not caring anymore by the time the next build's up.

And here I had just gotten hooked on corpse camping allies in the new quest areas. Ah well.
    Or there's spoilers and they don't want them to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Trying to create challenge in open world is pointless for another reason - you always can make it trivial by bringing more people. That's why we have instances.
    Which means the only way of doing it is by turning the open world instanced, which kind of defeats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I disagree that bringing more people in always makes things more trivial. It does so now because a) mobs are not dangerous and b) the only thing that seems to scale is health
    In a Savage™ world, mobs would have one-shot abilities you'd have to dodge. They'd have abilities that target available targets not just the active target. And their damage would scale so that past a point you'd need a tank or they'd start oneshotting people in melee. And you could even have them acquire affixes once they are engaged by enough people (and maybe rares could have trolly mechanics like Vanilla and TBC world bosses that keep you from reengaging once you die).
    So your solution to people being able to make things easier by grouping up is forcing them to group up?

And no, you can't prevent things from getting easier with extra people, unless you set the scaling so high that it quickly becomes unbeatable.

Have multiple people attack and chances are someone will fuck up and pull strays, decreasing the time till death for all of you rapidly.
    Or, you know, you could just split them up. Maybe have someone kite a few. Which isn't possible solo. Groups inherently have more options.