Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Join us. Realize the supremacy of floating around in a kickass necropolis while chilling with skellingtons.
    You know you want to.
    Must. Resist. Skellingtons

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Must. Resist. Skellingtons
    Liches...

Primus...

Theater of Pain...

Mograine...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Liches...
    No! I will not allow myself to be corrupted by undead beas-

Primus...
    Bah... in 9.0 he is missi-

Theater of Pain...
    Aaaaaaaa an alt! i'll at least make an al-

Mograine...
    woons erupt all over his body and collapses

Each Afterlives video started with the death and story of a character, I'm wondering if it's going to be Garrosh for Revendreth instead of focusing on Denathrius.

Each Afterlives video started with the death and story of a character, I'm wondering if it's going to be Garrosh for Revendreth instead of focusing on Denathrius.
    I think it will. Someone on WoWhead pointed out that each of these has followed a pattern of exploring what the zone is about by getting the perspective of both a dead character we already know and a new character from the Shadowlands.
    For the Revendreth one it seems like at this point that it might be about Garrosh and his redemption along with Renathal possibly.

Played around with "Door of Shadows" last night. Is it just me... and perhaps I'm using it wrong... but does anyone else feel like there isn't much point to these abilities if they can't be cast whilst moving? Shouldn't it work like blink? Or have I totally misunderstood it's purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Played around with "Door of Shadows" last night. Is it just me... and perhaps I'm using it wrong... but does anyone else feel like there isn't much point to these abilities if they can't be cast whilst moving? Shouldn't it work like blink? Or have I totally misunderstood it's purpose?
    Some of the abilities can be cast while moving. The Necrolord shield channel can be if you get the right soulbind. I guess Blizzard is using the ability to channel while moving as the great equalizer in balancing the utility abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will. Someone on WoWhead pointed out that each of these has followed a pattern of exploring what the zone is about by getting the perspective of both a dead character we already know and a new character from the Shadowlands.
    For the Revendreth one it seems like at this point that it might be about Garrosh and his redemption along with Renathal possibly.
    Pretty certain it will be about Mad Duke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    It's up

The winter queen sounds a lot like Cate Blanchet. Even the pose reminds a lot of Galadriel in Lotr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pretty certain it will be about Mad Duke.
    Well whichever Venthyr they go for it would still fit the pattern if Garrosh is also a rather large focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The winter queen sounds a lot like Cate Blanchet. Even the pose reminds a lot of Galadriel in Lotr.
    I mean it's hard not to get Galadriel when you combine future sight, elf-like forest queen in long robes, and telepathy, with a similar measured voice and poised demeanor.

Anyone think we'll get a raid in each zone?

9.0 - Castle Nathria / Revendreth

9.1 - Not Naxxramas but totally Naxxramas / Maldraxxus & Something something Ascension / Bastion.

9.2 - Blue Emerald Dream / Ardenweald

9.3 - The Maw raid

I will be sad if we don't get more things before pre-patch. I liked the Legion audio drama and comics, BFA liked the Good War and Elegy.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Anyone think we'll get a raid in each zone?

9.0 - Castle Nathria / Revendreth

9.1 - Not Naxxramas but totally Naxxramas / Maldraxxus & Something something Ascension / Bastion.

9.2 - Blue Emerald Dream / Ardenweald

9.3 - The Maw raid
    It was theorized a while back, just not specifically per zone, but rather per covenant, and so far we seem to be well on track for that.

Firstly we have Revendreth with Castle Nathria obvisouly, but for the second raid the most pressing matter at the moment which seems to be building up to a raid is Kel'thuzd and Maldraxxus.
    After that for 9.2 the Drust would fit in perfectly, both because they have not gotten a proper payoff yet, but also because the X.2 patches are usually the ones that go the most outside the box and focus squarely on a single theme not directly linked to the main one, meaning that going to Thros as a patch zone would fit nicely.
    Lastly we have the Kyrians which will likely get focus considering how important the Kyrians and Val'kyr are to Sylvanas as the Forsworn.

The curveballs left are really just the mini-raid and whether some of the themes will be combined. Like combining the Thros zone with the Forsworn story to create a general Vrykul themed raid.

Small questions regarding the zones:

I know that they are all on separate planes. But are they floating in the sky like Outlands? Or are they islands in some kind of ocean? Or is it like argus, where they are just part of a much larger continent, but most of it is just backdrop?

Eh I honestly doubt that. Notice how all 3 cinematics featured characters with which we interact during the campaign. But I honestly have trouble imagining which character could be featured in Revendreth cinematic. We need to remember that at the begining of the Revendreth campaign we work for Sire, so the cinematic can't put him in a bad light. So characters responsible for rebellion, like Prince Renethal (why is he a prince?), the Accuser or General Draven are out of the question.

The only one that would make sense would be Kael'thas, but we don't interact with him at all during the main campaign (no idea about the covenant campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Eh I honestly doubt that. Notice how all 3 cinematics featured characters with which we interact during the campaign. But I honestly have trouble imagining which character could be featured in Revendreth cinematic. We need to remember that at the begining of the Revendreth campaign we work for Sire, so the cinematic can't put him in a bad light. So characters responsible for rebellion, like Prince Renethal (why is he a prince?), the Accuser or General Draven are out of the question.

The only one that would make sense would be Kael'thas, but we don't interact with him at all during the main campaign (no idea about the covenant campaign).
    We could see Renathal or someone else when they still believe in Denathrius, just have it end in such a way that it doesnt explicitly say that he is evil.

Though honestly I think that is a lost cause anyways, it would be hard to take Denathrius as a good guy seriously when the trailer already showed him seemingly raise a glass to prisoners being killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Small questions regarding the zones:

I know that they are all on separate planes. But are they floating in the sky like Outlands? Or are they islands in some kind of ocean? Or is it like argus, where they are just part of a much larger continent, but most of it is just backdrop?
    It's a bit hard to tell. If we go purely as they are implemented - most areas are floating and are interconnected via Oribos with gateways you fly through. Bastion, Ardenweald and Revendreth have zone edges Outland style, where there is nothingness there. Maldraxxus is a bit more tricky, as there is no obvious edge there - you zone in in some mountainous zone already.

That's however how these zones are implemented on a technical scale. Whether these are "planets" or "moons" or just floating flat rocks in Lore - don't know.

So, apparently, when Preach is doing Torghast, it appears as though the Twisting Corridors have 8 layers. Each Layer consists of 18 floors. And it seems as though, as you expand through Torghast, the layers get harder and harder as you go through them.

That's...cool as fuck, actually. And apparently, there are 6 or so total areas in Torghast. So, I assume there's like 8 layers from those as well, then?

- - - Updated - - -

I do wish we just went through each layer in an "endless" mode, but I do like this anyway.

Man I'm starting to feel like Sondrelk, i'm becoming torn on covenant choice. It's down between Ardenweald and Maldraxxus for me. I'm leaning Ardenweald but I am being tempted.
    Join the Skellisquad