Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Oh Gods please no....
    Just wait until you hear about where at the end of 11.0 Nathanos becomes the new Loa of Death and 12.0 Vol'jin and Bwonsamdi have a duel where Vol'jin cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Argus, sure, whatever.

Ny'alotha probably didn't have enough to be an ENTIRE expansion.

But Nazjatar? That could have easily been an expansion.
    I really don't think Nazjatar alone could be an entire expansion. It could be a zone or two but you would need something other than being in the same city for the entire expansion, ideally a few regular islands witth stuff on them or at least some variety in the underwater areas.

Though I guess it is moot anyways, we were snubbed of the coveted South Seas expansion with BfA.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really don't think Nazjatar alone could be an entire expansion. It could be a zone or two but you would need something other than being in the same city for the entire expansion, ideally a few regular islands witth stuff on them or at least some variety in the underwater areas.

Though I guess it is moot anyways, we were snubbed of the coveted South Seas expansion with BfA.
    That's fair. No point bellyaching what we can't change.

10+ Year Old Account

I was going to say that, Nazjatar would be endgame zone along with variety of underwater zones. That dream is gone though =((Prove me wrong Blizz QQ)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's fair. No point bellyaching what we can't change.
    It is honestly so demoralizing to look back at BfA when you consider how close it in theory was to becoming the long awaited South Seas expansion.
    You have 2 naval countries as hubs, a integrated system in which you travel around the world to different islands. Much of the story revolves around abyssal cultists and pirates. There is an entire patch dedicated to Naga.

And then in the end it just kinda sucked at it. Islands were more bumrushes instead of relaxing odysseys to interesting locations. The naval countries ended up mostly just being 2 small continents with the naval stuff little more than window dressing, and the entire expansion was stifled by the extremely ill-concieved attempt at marrying Faction war and Old Gods.

It is honestly so demoralizing to look back at BfA when you consider how close it in theory was to becoming the long awaited South Seas expansion.
    You have 2 naval countries as hubs, a integrated system in which you travel around the world to different islands. Much of the story revolves around abyssal cultists and pirates. There is an entire patch dedicated to Naga.

And then in the end it just kinda sucked at it. Islands were more bumrushes instead of relaxing odysseys to interesting locations. The naval countries ended up mostly just being 2 small continents with the naval stuff little more than window dressing, and the entire expansion was stifled by the extremely ill-concieved attempt at marrying Faction war and Old Gods.
    Well, you know, it's the same with WoD. WoD should have been an amazing expansion, I mean...we're about to go toe to toe with LEGENDS.

Well, you know, it's the same with WoD. WoD should have been an amazing expansion, I mean...we're about to go toe to toe with LEGENDS.
    Pretty much. WoD is also one that sounds like possibly one of the best expansions ever on paper.

We have a zany time travel expansion where we go back to Draenor in its prime to see what it looked like. We get to see both the Orc and Draenei cities including things like uncorrupted Karabor and a fully realized Shattrath city. Not to mention possibly hte most hypeworthy feature of all: Player Housing, which it botched so horribly that most even refuse to accept it as player housing just to preserve their sanity.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. WoD is also one that sounds like possibly one of the best expansions ever on paper.

We have a zany time travel expansion where we go back to Draenor in its prime to see what it looked like. We get to see both the Orc and Draenei cities including things like uncorrupted Karabor and a fully realized Shattrath city. Not to mention possibly hte most hypeworthy feature of all: Player Housing, which it botched so horribly that most even refuse to accept it as player housing just to preserve their sanity.
    The original documents even sound interesting. Putting more emphasis on the Bronze Dragon BS involved in it.

Then all of that got brushed aside to instead be Proto-Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So maybe Ardenweald mini raid will be dealing with the Drust and it'll have like 2-3 bosses and maybe we'll end up finally dealing with Gorak Tul.
    Gorak Tul was dealt with in 8.0 in the Alliance Kul Tiras finale questline.

3+ Year Old Account
    Just wait until you hear about where at the end of 11.0 Nathanos becomes the new Loa of Death and 12.0 Vol'jin and Bwonsamdi have a duel where Vol'jin cheats.
    I don't think Vol'jin is stronger than Bwonsamdi though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I don't think Vol'jin is stronger than Bwonsamdi though
    Vol'jin > some dead troll loa

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I wonder where he would have went when he died. <.< lol Who knows actually...however, I do think we'll be dealing with the Drust sometime during the expansion.

It misses pretty much every single beat to qualify it as player housing in the classical sense. This is not about refusing, this is simply reality. It's like ordering a car and then getting a tricicle bolted onto a spring, making it a glorified see-saw. It's also one of these things that show a couple of Blizzard's most dire flaws. The pathological need to press their own spin on something past the point of detriment, anti-feature creep (not even metting a fraction of the oriigjnal sales pitch) and reluctance to let players express themselves at all costs. Some of these are probably due to the development cycle being simply unrealistic. Their need to crank out a whole expansion mostly during the lull of the last works against them. I sometimes wonder if they could produce better results if they never had tried to get to the unrealistic goal of yearly expansion and instead opted for the opposite, longer ones where they can develop full expansions in the background longer while delivering patch content on the side. It would certainly help to make some of the patches feel less "wasted" (nyalotha, argus, etc).

Besides that, I personally never liked the WoD sales pitch. Time travel plots as far as RPGs/fiction in the fantasy genre go are always a bit iffy and reek of desperation. It's very hard to pull off, especially if it's the main feature and not just a shocking reveal.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It misses pretty much every single beat to qualify it as player housing in the classical sense.
    I mean, it is a player specific instance in which you can customize the area, see things you have collected and generally hang out in as a personal hub.

It isnt great and definitely did loads of stuff wrong, but I am fairly certain that if I showed someone a still of [player] garrison, and showed them how their favorite battle pets strolled around, you had a stable filled with your favorite mounts and told them they could gather rare materials to get things like an AH or teleportation room there I imagine many would immediately think this was player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Drust give me a "random wing a raid tier with some world quests and maaaaybe a 5 man" vibe if they're gonna show up in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Drust give me a "random wing a raid tier with some world quests and maaaaybe a 5 man" vibe if they're gonna show up in this expansion.
    Just if it is only Drust in the sense we have already seen them. We could still amalgamate it into a more comprehensive "Vrykul" raid with the return of Helya, the Drust invasion, Val'kyr and Forsworn etc.

Just if it is only Drust in the sense we have already seen them. We could still amalgamate it into a more comprehensive "Vrykul" raid with the return of Helya, the Drust invasion, Val'kyr and Forsworn etc.
    True but they'd still fill that same role in a tier themed like that imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    They reworked Council of Blood dance intermission:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryRespec...ermintTooSpicy
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

By the way, can anyone tell me how we get to Orebos during regular day to day play? Are their portals in the older capitals? Or is there something in Icecrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    By the way, can anyone tell me how we get to Orebos during regular day to day play? Are their portals in the older capitals? Or is there something in Icecrown?
    There is a portal in the portal rooms in SW and Orgrimmar.