Don't forget that they need to deploy 9.0.2 on the 20th/21st of October to be able to launch the expansion on 26th. 6th of October is absolute latest they could do prepatch, with 29th of Sept being more reasonable.

I just got an email from Blizzard (in german for some reason, wtf?) titled "Now is Your Last Chance to Get Battle for Azeroth Rewards".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Would be a rather short prepatch if they don't.
    The pre-launch event is more of a non-event, maybe that's why they make it a rather short pre patch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I guess the Maw isn't going to change huh? Looks like we really only have 4 zones at launch then.
    So, what's the max level open world content supposed to be in Shadowlands then? The BfA version of open world max level content until 8.2 was pretty bad already, will it just be the same in less zones overall?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I just got an email from Blizzard (in german for some reason, wtf?) titled "Now is Your Last Chance to Get Battle for Azeroth Rewards".
    Me too, but in more then one language... Damn Blizz making me excited for nothing, thought it was a beta notification =(

That email is multilingual. It has every (supported) European language on it.

For some reason the English version is the very last at the bottom.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Don't forget that they need to deploy 9.0.2 on the 20th/21st of October to be able to launch the expansion on 26th.
    Why? 10chars

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why? 10chars
    To give enough time for people to preload it. Although come to think of it it isn't really necessary to actually release it for that. Still, they'd probably prefer to have the patch going live and the xpack going live on different weeks, since both are high risk events in term of deployment and maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    To give enough time for people to preload it. Although come to think of it it isn't really necessary to actually release it for that. Still, they'd probably prefer to have the patch going live and the xpack going live on different weeks, since both are high risk events in term of deployment and maintenance.
    I imagine they would allow players to preload it without having to know about or download the pre-patch. Though of course, we could see a preload anyways.

I would say they should have a proper pre-patch simply because that is when they really build up hype. There isnt much that signals the prelude of a great event quite like what amounts to a 4-week ingame party.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So should we treat these emails as a sign that the official 2 week warning will be tonight?

So should we treat these emails as a sign that the official 2 week warning will be tonight?
    We could, though I think we have enough clues pointing to an announcement tonight anyways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah me too, in German and French (I'm French), weird x)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, what's the max level open world content supposed to be in Shadowlands then? The BfA version of open world max level content until 8.2 was pretty bad already, will it just be the same in less zones overall?
    The world quests (which were altered a bit compared to now), the covenant quest lines (for a short while) and the weekly covenant activity. Otherwise it's a bit free form grinding in the maw and while not outside, well there is the torghast stuff. Not sure if they have some PvP rubbish as well, but that can be implemented on short notice anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Me too, but in more then one language... Damn Blizz making me excited for nothing, thought it was a beta notification =(
    Blizzard has been trolling me for the last 5 weeks that way. A couple of times it was even about beta.. just not for wow but shit like the 3rd party shooter on their bnet client.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why? 10chars
    20th (Tuesday) and 21st (Wednesday) are the last reset days before the launch day on 26th (Monday). The 9.0.2 patch needs to be pushed on live realms before the launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Lol. But seriously lets give them a chance to prove us wrong, and show us they can balance things properly. Just maybe they surprise us, after all it is only beta and things will change

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    20th (Tuesday) and 21st (Wednesday) are the last reset days before the launch day on 26th (Monday). The 9.0.2 patch needs to be pushed on live realms before the launch.
    Or you know, they can release it on random day, because it's just glorified hotfix. Even if it will be bigger thing, they can put extra maintenance if it's worth extra week to polish few more stuff.

3+ Year Old Account
    Uhh.. To people who have Beta, which dungeon in SL looks to be the hardest/most frustrating? I want to prepare myself for it lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Uhh.. To people who have Beta, which dungeon in SL looks to be the hardest/most frustrating? I want to prepare myself for it lol
    Yea I hope they are better then the BFA dungeons, didnt like one of them. Did them all atleast twice and just never bothered after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    That does bring up a good question; how are the dungeons compared to BFA? Does it feel like they were designed around MDI again or ...?
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Azerite traits that were completely RNG
    This will never not be funny.