The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Now that's someone that doesn't want to play Classic either and frankly just wants Wildstar back.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That has to be trolling lol
    Imagine if it issnt though. The tables would have truly turned on the once proud Classic fanboys who claimed Classic would kill Retail.

But sadly I would guess this is fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Now that's someone that doesn't want to play Classic either and frankly just wants Wildstar back.
    I would imagine it more like someone who has made it their identity to love Classic instead of Live and is now afraid that the slow return of RPG elements will render the Classic arguments moot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Imagine if it issnt though. The tables would have truly turned on the once proud Classic fanboys who claimed Classic would kill Retail.

But sadly I would guess this is fake.
    From what I've seen nobody's really afraid of SL. If this is real it's probably just some crazy person that just wants someone to make a Modern Classic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

From what I've seen nobody's really afraid of SL. If this is real it's probably just some crazy person that just wants someone to make a Modern Classic.
    Eh, could also be a control freak. Sadly, such people do exist. On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to leave them behind.

I doubt someone that crazy would want a Modern Classic, but rather to be vincidcated in their belief that Classic is an untouchable masterpiece by preventing other games from being relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep its definitely possible. Crazies exist and being allowed to fester is definitely current year thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt someone that crazy would want a Modern Classic, but rather to be vincidcated in their belief that Classic is an untouchable masterpiece by preventing other games from being relevant.
    It can be real, and if it is then whooooweeeee, the salt is strong in this one. So mad that people may prefer SL over Classic at this point.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It can be real, and if it is then whooooweeeee, the salt is strong in this one. So mad that people may prefer SL over Classic at this point.
    My initial instinct is to assume noone would actually be that crazy.

But then again, crazier people exist, so who knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    My initial instinct is to assume noone would actually be that crazy.

But then again, crazier people exist, so who knows.
    That's not even crazy by gaming standards. That is some good old salt at the reality check.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I mean what does classic even require as a time commitment???

Assuming you are crazy and have 3 toons then it’s consumables
    2 types of flasks
    Potions
    Food
    Temp enchants
    World buffs

And it’s mostly speed clears now so you’re pushing the group that hard for what 5 hours a week if you’re just doing AQ???

All together 10-15 hours a week unless you’re a class with specific consumables.

You then go on a tyrade “waaaaahhhh no more mmo besides classic waaaahhhhh” because you have a few ppl in discord talking about going to SL at launch.

You also have the GM as a RL and ML so that’s a red flag

Anyone in the group deserve what they get

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Is there anyway I can test the leveling on beta? Only have access to Torghast realm and premades are level 60.
    There’s another realm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Please tell me you are in the guild

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    There’s another realm
    He says he only has access to Torghast realm, and can't post on beta forums. No idea if true. Never heard them give someone limited beta access like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That has to be trolling lol
    Sounds like your average Classic player to me.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    And it’s mostly speed clears now so you’re pushing the group that hard for what 5 hours a week if you’re just doing AQ?
    Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if somebody raising a stink like that can't even clear Classic raids. People that act like that tend to be pretty terrible at what they do.

What does Shadowlands have to do with Classic? Just joining the thread in anticipation of SL and also playing Classic (I enjoy both: gasp!). I don't understand the need to hate on one or the other if you like only one or the other. In theory there should be minimal resources devoted to Classic since it is old content so no need to be threatened by Classic and Classic players have what they want so no need to feel threatened by retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    What does Shadowlands have to do with Classic? Just joining the thread in anticipation of SL and also playing Classic (I enjoy both: gasp!). I don't understand the need to hate on one or the other if you like only one or the other. In theory there should be minimal resources devoted to Classic since it is old content so no need to be threatened by Classic and Classic players have what they want so no need to feel threatened by retail.
    its just because some GM is being anal about "you can only play 1 mmo" honestly it doesnt matter if its classic or age of conan its just as pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I was testing out a bunch of the covenant abilities, and I noticed that a lot of them are AOEs, REALLY BIG AOEs! They are basically unusable in the open world or Mythic+, some of them have you pulling everything in a 1 mile radius! Venthyr Paladins is a really really really big AOE, and Night Fae Balance druid for example just start launching spells at random in a giant radius, and I can think of very few productive uses for them.

This would be fine if they were just fun spells that could be used situationally, but there are ones that are actually REALLY good that stand in stark contrast! How will blizzard balance these weird ones to be competitive?
    Well idk about the venthyr one but they made a whole blue post about how the druid fey ability prefers class specific spells and only targets things u are in combat with. It said its even smart enough to like...moonfire every available target before its forced to redot a target.

So that sounds like a bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    really hope blizz tunes the covenants more. already got discriminated from a group because i picked Revendrath instead of Necrolord on my rogue
    Well in live u cant get into groups if u are a rogue *shrug*.

U got to account for the "most wow pug leaders are trash" coefficient
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Anyone remember way back when there was the big outrage over everyone being forced to choose Venthyr for that movement ability, and what a big deal that was?
    Seems like forever ago that it was an issue and now it is like it never happened.

Really makes you wonder what other changes Blizzard has made or will make that will have a similar kneejerk reaction that ends up not being indicative of anything.

Anyone remember way back when there was the big outrage over everyone being forced to choose Venthyr for that movement ability, and what a big deal that was?
    Seems like forever ago that it was an issue and now it is like it never happened.

Really makes you wonder what other changes Blizzard has made or will make that will have a similar kneejerk reaction that ends up not being indicative of anything.
    They simply nerfed the ability alot while also changing their encounter design for SL S1, if they change it again in SL S2 we might very well see everyone going vamps to teleport through beams because some designer thought this is the "best shit evarrr". Not to mention they adjusted their dungeon design for m+ a bit and many of the players even hide certain "short cuts" so it will take time until the actual meta forms.

In the same vein the necrolord ability is still garbage for most classes and Kyrian is only propped up by Blizzard going out of their way to incorporate forced bleed effects to give the potion added purpose - to the point where world first guilds actually debate(d) going dwarf for one tier. The classes/specs that will most likely go necro are the ones where the ability is either actually strong/fun or the only one remotely useable (rogue *cough*).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The post from yesterday/the day before with the angry Discord GM mad about people playing Shadowlands is absolutely hilarious even if entirely fabricated for memes.

I am quite excited for this expansion. I really dig new lore and love to play around in never before seen worlds. The music sounds very Diablo-like and almost alien in some areas. The art design is amazing as always. I really hope it translates into good gameplay.

Did you ever stop to think for 2 seconds that it was because of that “knee jerk reaction,” as you put it, that got the ability changed to where it isn’t a mandatory thing now?