10+ Year Old Account
    On a bit of an off topic note, is it me, or it's a bit ironic that there's an increasing number of WoW content creators on youtube? Ironic cause, well, we aren't exactly experiencing the high point of WoW anymore

And every time on youtube there's like at least 5 different of them doing the same type of videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It is amusingly ironic that we're all anxious for the pre patch just as a clear sign of moving away from BFA, but outside of class changes, there's hardly any meat to it, that is, anything to do
    This is THE WHOLE POINT. The classes are so bad that even the existing content get better when the classes get better. Also there is actually a lot to do:

1 New Zone
    1 Upgraded Zone
    New Leveling Experience
    Class Updates

On a bit of an off topic note, is it me, or it's a bit ironic that there's an increasing number of WoW content creators on youtube? Ironic cause, well, we aren't exactly experiencing the high point of WoW anymore

And every time on youtube there's like at least 5 different of them doing the same type of videos...
    They were always around. Most just lurk at the bottom of the cesspool on twitch. WoW search ranking are probably up right now, so many of those guys dump out videos on YT again (despite not being profitable) to a drum up some interest for their twitch streams on the low.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Its because WoW is at a low point, and negativity trends more on Youtube than positive stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This is THE WHOLE POINT. The classes are so bad that even the existing content get better when the classes get better. Also there is actually a lot to do:

1 New Zone
    1 Upgraded Zone
    New Leveling Experience
    Class Updates
    I mean, I wouldnt count Exiles Reach as a "new zone" and I wouldnt count Icecrown as an "upgraded zone" when all they did was add random rare spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Sure they can. 99% of people aren't going to refund if they move it back to November, and the 1% that do will just buy it a month later anyway. Games delay release close to the planned date all the time.
    Activision won't let them release the expansion on top of the new console launches, not to mention Cyberpunk.

November is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Covid isnt a blank check for developers to delay games without reason though. Back when it first appeared it was, since it was an unforseen circumstance beyond their control, the textbook definition of a Force Majeure.
    However the developers have had time to acclimatize to the new reality, and when Blizzard revealed the release date half a year into the proper outbreak of the Covid pandemic I think it is fair to assume they took developers working from home into account.
    True but things happen to change that. Look at Cyberpunk 2077 and how many times that game has been delayed. Sometimes it's better to delay than to deal with weeks of bugs, issues and general customer dissatisfaction. I'm not saying I think they'll delay it. But I don't think it's the end of the world if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Activision won't let them release the expansion on top of the new console launches, not to mention Cyberpunk.

November is full.
    I mean it doesn’t make a difference it you release it two weeks earlier or two weeks later than the new consoles. The new consoles will hurt WoW either way. The thing is, there aren’t many games coming out, but those that do come out are ones with massive amounts of playtime: AC Valhalla, Demon‘s Souls and Cyberpunk. We’re talking about games with a playtime more than 50 hours, Valhalla and Cyberpunk might get to 100 hours or more. That’s the bigger problem, not the new consoles.

Delaying right now only makes sense if it’ll be end of November or early December. But even then... I don’t know. Shadowlands seems to not have much meat to it in launch state, so why bother. Get the SL sales, majority quits within the first month and comes back early 2021 with 9.1 or whatever.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

They will not delay Shadowlands, assuming such is literal madness.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2020-09-26 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Its because WoW is at a low point, and negativity trends more on Youtube than positive stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I wouldnt count Exiles Reach as a "new zone" and I wouldnt count Icecrown as an "upgraded zone" when all they did was add random rare spawns.
    "I mean", Exiles Reach is as much a new zone as any other starting area would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    True but things happen to change that. Look at Cyberpunk 2077 and how many times that game has been delayed. Sometimes it's better to delay than to deal with weeks of bugs, issues and general customer dissatisfaction. I'm not saying I think they'll delay it. But I don't think it's the end of the world if they did.
    Delaying a game like that is easier than delaying something like a WoW expansion though. With WoW they have to not just consider how many will paly it at release, but also how many people are currently playing it and will continue ot play it in the intervening time.
    Getting new players into an MMO is significantly harder than getting them into a standalone game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    "I mean", Exiles Reach is as much a new zone as any other starting area would be.
    Exiles Reach is as much as a new zone as Northshire Abbey or Coldridge Valley or Valley of Trial would be.

Its like 20 minutes long lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hear this every year. Maybe with exception of Legion, since it came literally after abandoned expansion - and still I heard lot of voices it's "worst shit ever". Yet in last quarter report they clearly said BfA has most busy content drought in many years.

For me 99% channels about WoW are literally worthless, it's just repeating news that you can check in 1 minute. Only few tries to do something different, mostly Preach (but I facepalmed after his last video when seems to think that XP leveling tuning was final and Blizzard will let him ding 60 even before finishing story on MAIN DURING LAUNCH, he said as I quote "Blizzard put their greedy fingers on leveling").

Streams are little better, for me best are people that do some side stuff while chatting about WoW without bitching every 3 minutes. It's not that rare.

Exiles Reach is as much as a new zone as Northshire Abbey or Coldridge Valley or Valley of Trial would be.

Its like 20 minutes long lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCcw_6p7Xg

it's an hour long

20 minutes or 1 hours doesn’t make a difference though, it’s both incredibly short and disproves the it’s a new zone narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    20 minutes or 1 hours doesn’t make a difference though, it’s both incredibly short and disproves the it’s a new zone narrative.
    I gotta disagree. Its a really well rounded narrative with a positive design that is really helpful to new players. Only negative from the whole zone is the lack of a quest involving interrupts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I gotta disagree. Its a really well rounded narrative with a positive design that is really helpful to new players. Only negative from the whole zone is the lack of a quest involving interrupts.
    Also no mail boxes .... you have to run around with ugly gear and no options to transmog during the whole thing -,-

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I hear this every year. Maybe with exception of Legion, since it came literally after abandoned expansion - and still I heard lot of voices it's "worst shit ever". Yet in last quarter report they clearly said BfA has most busy content drought in many years.

For me 99% channels about WoW are literally worthless, it's just repeating news that you can check in 1 minute. Only few tries to do something different, mostly Preach (but I facepalmed after his last video when seems to think that XP leveling tuning was final and Blizzard will let him ding 60 even before finishing story on MAIN DURING LAUNCH, he said as I quote "Blizzard put their greedy fingers on leveling").

Streams are little better, for me best are people that do some side stuff while chatting about WoW without bitching every 3 minutes. It's not that rare.
    Negativity gives views, so no wonder that everyone making their living off of selling negativity constantly talks about this being the worst thing ever even if the facts don't back that up.
    Saying BfA is doing well would literally cost them money.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Oh, I don’t intend to take anything away from that zone. It just feels like a very shallow argument to call it a new zone (which it technically is, but it won’t affect most players one way or another and if it does, it’s so short that it really is a drop in the ocean).

I just checked my /played on my PTR Priest, and it was an hour played, and I afked for like 20 minutes.

I mean, him playing Rogue which is arguably the slowest class to quest with doesnt help.

Even then, calling it a zone is disingenuous. Do you consider Crystalsong Forest as a zone in Wrath?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Exile's Reach is new zone.
    Exile's Reach is really short zone (whole point is to learn new players basics, not to tell incredible story)
    One does not exlude another.

(you really like to argue guys)