10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why they changed experience in the first place, it was 100% fine last time I up 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Don't know why they changed experience in the first place, it was 100% fine last time I up 60.
    Because people on beta was saying they hit a wall with the Venthy campaign the final steps in the questline that required level 60. Said people could not get to 60 due said wall. This is why they made this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    they aim for people to be able to hit 60 before the end of the venthyr campaign
    there are also level locks on other chapters of the campaign and the only zone that provided a ton of experience was bastion
    now you could hit level cap in war mode with the exp boost or you could do every side quest and the dungeon but the goal seems to be making sure you can do it without them

the nerf isnt awful as long as you hit the level gate then you are set

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I want more though. MOAR!!!

I haven't been on Beta at all so I dunno what endgame is like, I just hear stuff but not much.
    the big change is your level doesnt really matter much
    you can hit 60 early but you still have to do the campaign

after that endgame consists of about 4 hours of set up
    after that its business as usual except
    1. you wanna hold onto all anima you have in your bags for the weekly
    2. callings dont always require world quests
    3. farming conduits and legendary powers will be your main task
    4. anima farm is not infinite which is nice

10+ Year Old Account
    So they mentioned they were doing two test builds, beta and ptr. I take it the ptr builds are the ones affecting live?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Thinking about how things related to pickpocketing are eventually scrapped for rogues.

In Legion, there was supposed to be a pick-pocketing minigame where rogues were gonna pick-pocket eachother in Dalaran.

And then they said rogues would be able to pickpocket in SL to enhance their crimson vial, and thats nowhere to be seen either.
    I think Blizzard do a lot of things right, but one thing I've always thought was pretty bad was their tendency to establish specific, somewhat interesting systems, whether it's pickpocketing or archaeology or whatever, support them through a number of expansions, and then just randomly stop doing anything much with them.

I feel like if you're going to do that, you need to maybe be more transparent and open about it, like say you don't think the system works any more and you're getting rid of it. But instead it seems like they just quietly make it less of a thing, and say nothing, and hope no-one notices. And it largely works. That's the sad thing. They're right to think people won't generally notice.

I guess with SL they have sort of done that with archaeology, because it doesn't exist there, but it's like, why is this not actually announced or discussed by Blizzard anywhere? They find minutes to discuss obscure changes to Mythic raids or the like, which I strongly suspect impact even fewer actual players.

Also I personally think that a lot of these systems break down and become unpopular simply because Blizzard doesn't give them interesting rewards, nor update the systems involved with them. Archaeology, for example, still works very similarly to how it did in 2010, and it feels dated and clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So they mentioned they were doing two test builds, beta and ptr. I take it the ptr builds are the ones affecting live?
    PTR builds aren't any more live than Beta builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I found this interesting, despite being a bug.

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1316880197522685953
    Meh. Blizzard has to do it to run the game in China, nothing of interest there.

Anyone noticed that Artifact weapons got scaled down way too low? On my paladin (previously level 100, now 40) my Shadowmourne is 15 ilvl higher than my Ashbringer artifact. How did they manage such an oversight like this?

Edit to put into perspective - The base artifact weapons scaled down to ilvl20, the equivalent of a level 40 ish BOE from last week, so dungeon/raid drops from Classic instances are stronger.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-10-16 at 10:54 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Anyone noticed that Artifact weapons got scaled down way too low? On my paladin (previously level 100, now 40) my Shadowmourne is 15 ilvl higher than my Ashbringer artifact. How did they manage such an oversight like this?

Edit to put into perspective - The base artifact weapons scaled down to ilvl20, the equivalent of a level 40 ish BOE from last week, so dungeon/raid drops from Classic instances are stronger.
    It is more that the ilvl squish means there are simply not enough levels to go around to ensure distinct level brackets for each expansion prior to BfA. If you have an artifact that was good for Mythic Antorus it would be higher ilvl than the weapons you would get from the first 2 raids in BfA at least.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is more that the ilvl squish means there are simply not enough levels to go around to ensure distinct level brackets for each expansion prior to BfA. If you have an artifact that was good for Mythic Antorus it would be higher ilvl than the weapons you would get from the first 2 raids in BfA at least.
    Yeah on my main with raiding relics the artifact is ilvl70, so it's higher ilvl than a BFA raid weapon. But raid relics aren't available until your char is level 45, nor is the 3rd relic slot. Legion quest/dungeon relics I think give 3-5 ilvl, so best case scenario you'd get an ilvl30 artifact. If you compared that to heirlooms thats something around level 22-23 perhaps, but a level 100 alt from last week would be level 40 now and most of its gear in the region of ilvl45.

In practical terms the artfacts are now worthless for levelling alts.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    The scaling for some quests is pretty broken.

The monk masters for the xp gain daily quests completely annihilated me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

I assume its a result of the levelling changes. If you level in Legion your artifact weapon is with you from 10 to 50. So the base artifact is scaled to account for a level 10 character.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So according to the lead systems designer in WoW theorycrafting is bad now because so many ppl have access to it and it destroys feedback...what???

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So according to the lead systems designer in WoW theorycrafting is bad now because so many ppl have access to it and it destroys feedback...what???
    they tried the same crap back in bfa with streamers
    essentially if it says they are wrong then its bad feedback especially when they have math to back it up

I would imagine theorycrafting is bad more because it combines with minmaxing being so easy to create a game where there is a right and wrong way to play the game.
    Had choices mattered more then the problem with theorycrafting would be lessened as feedback could be focused more on making abilities that are intereting rather than focusing almost solely on whether they are balanced.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    its connection to Min maxing and I'm pretty sure we have no context to whatever the hell we're arguing about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Have you got the direct quote of what they said?

'cos I think what they're trying to say isn't that. What was the name of the guy on the US forums who, defore quitting, post that epic leaving note? Basically it said "Players will scew data towards the spec/comps that they run in order to give themselves an edge", and I feel that this is where this dev is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Have you got the direct quote of what they said?

'cos I think what they're trying to say isn't that. What was the name of the guy on the US forums who, defore quitting, post that epic leaving note? Basically it said "Players will scew data towards the spec/comps that they run in order to give themselves an edge", and I feel that this is where this dev is coming from.
    Seconding this. I'd rather see the actual quote(and context) before trying to judge anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Seconding this. I'd rather see the actual quote(and context) before trying to judge anything.
    heres the tweet they are talking about im guessing

i swear its not the log in screen