I wonder if the event will start this week. I mostly want to start gearing alts.

Hmm, does anyone else got a bug where the sound gets cut off when you tab out and in of the game? Like, if there's music playing in the zone I'm in and tab out and in it's gone. Same goes for dialogue, if it pops up then I tab out and in it stops. Didn't use to be like that before. Hope it's fixed soon cause I like alt-tabbing quite a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I wonder if the event will start this week. I mostly want to start gearing alts.
    I only hope it starts to get some big action going on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Hmm, does anyone else got a bug where the sound gets cut off when you tab out and in of the game? Like, if there's music playing in the zone I'm in and tab out and in it's gone. Same goes for dialogue, if it pops up then I tab out and in it stops. Didn't use to be like that before. Hope it's fixed soon cause I like alt-tabbing quite a lot.
    Yeah I've noticed this too. I think /reload usually will fix it, unless something's just wrong with the sound
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    so when they announce the new release date, do you think it will be more than 1 month later?

Like do you think they're going to announce a release date thats like 2-3 weeks later? Not now of course but im wondering about their timeline
    I'm predicting they'll announce a December release in November with the raid release being pushed back to January.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yeah I've noticed this too. I think /reload usually will fix it, unless something's just wrong with the sound
    Nah it doesn't. I don't think it's from my side either because the login screen doesn't get cut when I alt tab.

System... Sound... Sound in Background. Is that unchecked for you?
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It is, but that was never a problem before. Used to be as soon as I tabbed in the music just kept going.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    If i understand correctly, the problem here is that the sound doesn't come back when WoW returns to focus, not that it isn't playing when it isn't focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If i understand correctly, the problem here is that the sound doesn't come back when WoW returns to focus, not that it isn't playing when it isn't focussed.
    Yeah exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah exactly.
    Basic question but did you try disabling addons? Its weird that the login screen sound (before addons are loaded) works fine, but after you login you get the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Basic question but did you try disabling addons? Its weird that the login screen sound (before addons are loaded) works fine, but after you login you get the problem.
    I uh, play without addons. Don't judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    No judging here long as you don't judge us...sir
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like addons get in the way, /shrug.

Something I noticed is that the Alliance Exiles Reach uses a fairly standard, smaller ship while the Horde Exiles Reach uses the newer big fancy Forsaken ship. I know this is because it takes place before BFA (so no Kul Tiran ship for Alliance) but does this mean that following BFA they are going to have the Forsaken return to being the Horde's big naval power?

It always felt forced that they were saying the Zandalari had a big Kul Tiran-esque fleet, and considering the Forsaken used to be the Horde's naval power anyway it makes sense if they are returning to that. Also see Derek Proudmoore being a part of the Forsaken now. So we can get some Kul Tirans vs Forsaken fleet action.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Something I noticed is that the Alliance Exiles Reach uses a fairly standard, smaller ship while the Horde Exiles Reach uses the newer big fancy Forsaken ship. I know this is because it takes place before BFA (so no Kul Tiran ship for Alliance) but does this mean that following BFA they are going to have the Forsaken return to being the Horde's big naval power?

It always felt forced that they were saying the Zandalari had a big Kul Tiran-esque fleet, and considering the Forsaken used to be the Horde's naval power anyway it makes sense if they are returning to that. Also see Derek Proudmoore being a part of the Forsaken now. So we can get some Kul Tirans vs Forsaken fleet action.
    I think that's reading quite a lot into what may have been simply "What ship model looks good, thematically, with this zone".

Could be right, but I would say maybe chill on that theory. If it's right it would actually be a kind of unusually strong continuity, not just for Blizzard, but videogames in general, because most of the Zandalari fleet was destroyed by the Alliance at the Battle of Dazar'alor, but it looks like maybe most of the KT fleet might still be around (maybe only some being destroyed in Nazjatar). Equally thought Blizzard may intend Nazjatar to basically mean both fleets are destroyed. In which case we'd be back to Human ships vs Forsaken ships.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think that's reading quite a lot into what may have been simply "What ship model looks good, thematically, with this zone".

Could be right, but I would say maybe chill on that theory. If it's right it would actually be a kind of unusually strong continuity, not just for Blizzard, but videogames in general, because most of the Zandalari fleet was destroyed by the Alliance at the Battle of Dazar'alor, but it looks like maybe most of the KT fleet might still be around (maybe only some being destroyed in Nazjatar). Equally thought Blizzard may intend Nazjatar to basically mean both fleets are destroyed. In which case we'd be back to Human ships vs Forsaken ships.
    Kul Tiras doesn't have much theming aside from the sea-based stuff, while Zandalar has plenty. I think it would be smart to dial back on the Zandalari naval aspects and let Forsaken shine: otherwise, without the blight, they don't have much purpose on the Horde.

I think that Nazjatar may have been a end to both fleets but I think it was just for the purpose of ending KT vs Zandalar in BFA. Kul Tiras without ships renders the whole nation pointless because that is Their Thing.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-10-19 at 05:33 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tiras doesn't have much theming aside from the sea-based stuff, while Zandalar has plenty. I think it would be smart to dial back on the Zandalari naval aspects and let Forsaken shine: otherwise, without the blight, they don't have much purpose on the Horde.
    I could see that, yeah, be interesting to see if they go that way.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

I think that Nazjatar may have been a end to both fleets but I think it was just for the purpose of ending KT vs Zandalar in BFA. Kul Tiras without ships renders the whole nation pointless because that is Their Thing.
    I really cannot see the Forsaken with much of a naval presence really. I would be more inclined to believe the Forsaken post-Sylvanas will be focused more on being Scourge-lite again, especially now that Shadowlands has shown that the Scourge aesthetic is copied from Maldraxxus which is not evil. I could totally see the Forsaken make a necropolis or two to parade around Azeroth.

Though then again, I guess the Forsaken already is the naval presence of teh Horde going by how most of the Horde ships are themed after them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I could see that, yeah, be interesting to see if they go that way.
    I'd be fine if they both shared the naval aspects but yes Forsaken need more then "WE LOVE BLIGHT AND ARE TOTALLY NOT SCOURGE."

Warrior-Magi