5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Lord Bolvar killed it.
    *sniff sniff* Praise be, praise be
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

Lord Bolvar killed it.
    I don't really see how The Bolvar excludes a world revamp. Going by him returning i still say our odds are 60% Dragon isles 30% world revamp and 10% Northrend revamp.

Shadowlands as a continent is a dumb idea for several reasons, and even beyond that i don't think Blizzard will make it a full continent when they tossed aside that possibility for both the Emerald Dream and Argus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Most of the major classes for humans are already human skinned. Paladin, priest, and mage for sure.
    Yes. That's what I am trying to say. As much as I want it, I feel human players would lose their minds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Haywood View Post
    Just woke up. Anything new that got leaked besides the logo and the Bolvar screenshot?
    Shadowlands, Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, second Bolvar leak that we already debunked.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't really see how The Bolvar excludes a world revamp. Going by him returning i still say our odds are 60% Dragon isles 30% world revamp and 10% Northrend revamp.

Shadowlands as a continent is a dumb idea for several reasons, and even beyond that i don't think Blizzard will make it a full continent when they tossed aside that possibility for both the Emerald Dream and Argus.
    Because he comes with Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. That's what I am trying to say. As much as I want it, I feel human players would lose their minds.
    They are playing their own IRL race in a video game. They already lost their minds.

(just kidding that argument is bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Why are you thinking that a world revamp is dead exactly? Because of "alternate dimension Shadowlands"?
    I think part of me is onboard with those recent Shadowlands leaks, so that's one point against a world revamp.

Another point is I've kind of lost faith in Blizzard regarding a world revamp as they've stated so many times they'd rather just create some new content. And that's precisely what they did for the past two expansions, turning places that should have been zones into expansion concepts (the Broken Isles, Zandalar, Kul'Tiras) and turning places that could have been expansions into zones or raids (Argus, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha).

Last point is the relevance of the Sylverian Dreamer. Ever since it came out, I've been looking at how it could fit into the next expansion. Before today, I could see it fit in a Dragon Isles expansion, but not really in anything else. But now, seeing this "Shadowlands" artwork colour palette, and the whole spirit theme, hell it would work perfectly. Also, this soul-river thing we can see in the artwork is very reminiscent of the Styx river from the Greek mythology, and if Blizzard is going for a full "Realm of the Dead" expansion, they're definitely going to draw inspiration from Greek and Nordic mythology.

It all adds up somehow, and I have a gut feeling. Maybe I'm just gullible and wrong though.

Just so we're clear, I'm still rooting for a world revamp, I always will be. But I think we might get disappointed once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    If there is no world revamp I doubt we will be getting a level squish. That kind of kills it for me for some reason. Like , I really don’t want to be level 130, makes leveling that much worse. A level squish and a world revamp would break the cycle. The cycle of “10 levels, a new zone, + another zone at X.2”. Idk
    I feel the same way, but it does fit Blizzard's tendency to misdiagnose what's wrong with the leveling experience in WoW. First they thought scaling would fix everything, and now they think a level squish will fix everything.

There are many things fundamentally wrong with leveling and it doesn't look like they want to address that anytime soon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCarp View Post
    Every time I go to sleep, something always happens. So i'll give you guys the blessing of something happening.
    Things always happen when people go to sleep. we need chloroform. Lots of chloroform.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Human players get catered to so fucking hard with everything though at the expense of the rest of the Alliance races(and even some Horde races). They can suck it up.

But you're right, human players would be outraged, because they're always fucking outraged about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think part of me is onboard with those recent Shadowlands leaks, so that's one point against a world revamp.

Another point is I've kind of lost faith in Blizzard regarding a world revamp as they've stated so many times they'd rather just create some new content. And that's precisely what they did for the past two expansions, turning places that should have been zones into expansion concepts (the Broken Isles, Zandalar, Kul'Tiras) and turning places that could have been expansions into zones (Argus, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha).

Last point is the relevance of the Sylverian Dreamer. Ever since it came out, I've been looking at how it could fit into the next expansion pack. I previously could see it fit in a Dragon Isles expansion pack, but not really in anything else. But now, seeing this "Shadowlands" artwork colour palette, and the whole spirit theme, hell it would work perfectly. Also, this soul-river thing we can see in the artwork is very reminiscent of the Styx river from the Greek mythology, and if Blizzard is going for a full Realm of the Dead expansion, they're definitely going to draw inspiration from Greek and Nordic mythology.

It all adds up somehow, and I have a gut feeling. Maybe I'm just gullible and wrong though.

Just so we're clear, I'm still rooting for a world revamp, I always will be. But I think we might get disappointed once again.
    If there's anything I've learned about Blizzard it's this: never assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I feel the same way, but it does fit Blizzard's tendency to misdiagnose what's wrong with the leveling experience in WoW. First they thought scaling would fix everything, and now they think a level squish will fix everything.

There are many things fundamentally wrong with leveling and it doesn't look like they want to address that anytime soon.
    The thing fundamentally wrong with levelling is that it feel onconsequental. And a level squish on its own won't necessarily remedy that, but it would be a step in teh right direction. A major problem that can be fixed is making each level feel important, mcu eaiser to do with only 60 levels. With 120 like now something like 70% of the levels feel like filler.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post

At least the starting zones need a revamp. New players start the game seeing content that is nearly 10 years old now. Most don't bother buying the game for the boost because they see none of the potential.

If there's anything I've learned about Blizzard it's this: never assume anything.
    You've got a point. Maybe they're going to throw us yet another curveball expansion. Although Sylvanas being on the main art for Blizzcon makes me think they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The thing fundamentally wrong with levelling is that it feel onconsequental. And a level squish on its own won't necessarily remedy that, but it would be a step in teh right direction. A major problem that can be fixed is making each level feel important, mcu eaiser to do with only 60 levels. With 120 like now something like 70% of the levels feel like filler.
    It's also a lot for new players to be expected to level to 120. That's a huge number and very offputting. Setting it back to 60 just feels better.

#teamworldrevamp are comforting each other.

Good Morning!

So, can somebody update me? Have there been more substantial leaks? The last thing I witnessed was the Coca Cola Overwatch 2 ad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You've got a point. Maybe they're going to throw us yet another curveball expansion. Although Sylvanas being on the main art for Blizzcon makes me think they won't.
    My theory is still that Sylvanas goes to Northrend to take control of the Scourge because she wants a new army. Which would just make it a classic Sylvanas vs. The Bolvar setting. With Shadowlands happening later.

#teamworldrevamp are comforting each other.
    We're a big nice familyyyyyyy.

My theory is still that Sylvanas goes to Northrend to take control of the Scourge because she wants a new army. Which would just make it a classic Sylvanas vs. The Bolvar setting. With Shadowlands happening later.
    This would work perfectly and would be a nice tie-in. Also another clue in favour of Northrend is that Wendigo woolie transmog set.

i want to be team new fking mmo

5+ Year Old Account
    I have a creeping suspision that sylvanas will defeat bolvar and become the lich queen.