Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Anyone had either of the Deathwing mounts drop lately?

Currently sitting at 291 attempts @ Life-binder's Handmaiden and 472 @ Blazing Drake.

For every other mount besides original Karazhan's horse mount, i've got it in under 200 attempts. A lot of mounts i've had duplicates, but these mounts, despite farming them since MOP, i am yet to see either one drop.
    I had the Life-Binder's Handmaiden drop a few months back for a total of 3rd time in my gaming time (1 of them was 100% drop chance back in cata).
    Never ever seen Blazing Drake drop since cata where I lost the roll. A friend of mine did get it in end of legion/start of BFA can't remember exactly when though.

Ahh you missed out there, it used to be possible to use saved raid locks to skip to the end and then use a macro to switch to heroic as you pull deathwing, making it easy to farm on an army of alts. Was fixed awhile back. Anyway that's how I got both of those mounts.

Okay, so according to a new comment on Wowhead (https://www.wowhead.com/item=116660/...nts:id=3144762), a GM stated in a ticket response that the mount from mythic Blackhand, along with some other mount drops (presumably Guldan and possibly others) has a way lower drop chance than other raid mount drops, and it's below 1%.

It's pretty weird that after at least multiple tickets, that I know of, this is the first time this information was conveyed. I still have some doubts as to whether a ticket-replying gm has access to that kind of information, and that he can confirm that it's not bugged. Most of the guys who answer tickets have issues replying to more complicated questions usually and it never seemed they had access to the game's code, and were able to check whether something "prevents a drop".

But yeah, if this is to be believed, then that would explain the situation. Shame we are only hearing this kind of thing after months of confusion.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-04 at 01:12 PM.

Been farming it on/off since Legion and haven't seen it yet.

Yet another reason why ploot is about the worst thing blizz has ever decided we wanted.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Anyone had either of the Deathwing mounts drop lately?

Currently sitting at 291 attempts @ Life-binder's Handmaiden and 472 @ Blazing Drake.

For every other mount besides original Karazhan's horse mount, i've got it in under 200 attempts. A lot of mounts i've had duplicates, but these mounts, despite farming them since MOP, i am yet to see either one drop.
    I got the Blazing Drake two months ago (the 7th of June): https://i.imgur.com/7OpOLk3.jpg

I've had pretty terrible luck with all the Cata mounts compared to the rest. They've all been way over 150 kills. Still no sign of Experiment 52-B and that one is closing in on 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    More data can be seen here, where people post their attempt counts.
    You know who don't post their "attempt counts" the most? The vast, vast, vast majority of players doing it.

You know who comes in just behind that? The ones who do bitch and moan but completely forget about it once it drops for them and don't tell anyone.

Someone actually getting the mount does not invalidate the claim that there is some kind of a bug.
    <just pats your head>

You know what's even better than that? When people hear that a bug once existed, they assume that must be the cause for their shitty luck. "OMG u guys, it happened before, SO IT MUST BE HAPPENING NAOWWW!!!!!!! It's the only valid explanation, and everything else you say is garbage, cause it happened once before! OMFG!!!!!!"

That's pretty much what your entire post reads as, just so you know.

On a side note, has anyone seen a Felsteel Annihilator (off Archimonde in HFC) drop in 8.2? Nothing on Wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    On a side note, has anyone seen a Felsteel Annihilator (off Archimonde in HFC) drop in 8.2? Nothing on Wowhead.
    Yep got it this reset.

Yeah, I got that one two weeks ago, when I learned Mythic Hellfire Citadel is now soloable. Got it on the 6th alt. After sooo many Blackhand kills, it came kind of unexpected. I figured I would have at least unlocked the way to the final boss on all alts, well before I saw it.

I got this mount in legion on my 5th run, i remember it clearly bc i missed the quest for the skip the first week and i got it the same week i finished my quest. If it is bugged now, i'm sure glad i got super lucky on this drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Yep got it this reset.
    Fantastic news, thanks! Phew.

I got the Archimonde Mythic mount last Sunday. Anyone who can report on the Blackhand one?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I got the Archimonde Mythic mount last Sunday. Anyone who can report on the Blackhand one?
    There's been another report on wowhead, at 616 tries iirc.

Assuming that wowhead comment I had posted about earlier isn't BS, I think we can conclude that this mount is indeed below the usual drop rate for final boss raid mounts, which is worrying in some sense, because that means we have to try harder for a tier of reward that used to be a relatively easy grind. People reporting the mount in 600+ and 800+ kills, with some outliers as low as 300/400. The chance is probably like 1 in 500 or so. Maybe Blizzard has finally decided people are getting those mounts too easily with the average number of alts collectors have these days...

Personally I'm increasing the amount of farming alts with the goal to eventually bring all 30 of them to Blackhand. Interested to see how long it ends up taking...
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-15 at 09:40 PM.

There's been another report on wowhead, at 616 tries iirc.

Assuming that wowhead comment I had posted about earlier isn't BS, I think we can conclude that this mount is indeed below the usual drop rate for final boss raid mounts, which is worrying in some sense, because that means we have to try harder for a tier of reward that used to be a relatively easy grind. People reporting the mount in 600+ and 800+ kills, with some outliers as low as 300/400. The chance is probably like 1 in 500 or so. Maybe Blizzard has finally decided people are getting those mounts too easily with the average number of alts collectors have these days...

Personally I'm increasing the amount of farming alts with the goal to eventually bring all 30 of them to Blackhand. Interested to see how long it ends up taking...
    However, the Archimonde drop rate seems to be much higher (around 4%) opposed to the 'standard' of rare dungeon/raids drops (1%)? Personally I got the Archimonde one within 4 attempts, while I had 700 for the Blue Proto-Drake

Please don't extrapolate your personal experience to everybody. I've got a couple dozens kills on Archimonde already and no drop. You just got lucky. It happens.

Please don't extrapolate your personal experience to everybody. I've got a couple dozens kills on Archimonde already and no drop. You just got lucky. It happens.
    Isn't that in essence what this topic is about? This topic was started because a mount didn't drop after many tries (personal experience), but yeah

Isn't that in essence what this topic is about? This topic was started because a mount didn't drop after many tries (personal experience), but yeah
    No, that's not why this topic was started. Please re-read the OP, and if you have further problems with understanding, try this:
    https://agendaweb.org/reading-exercises

The inflated attempt counts are happening for many people which is evidenced by the wowhead comments. What's more, it has actually been (sort of) confirmed that something is different for this mount, because if that one new wowhead comment is to be believed, this mount simply has a lower drop rate.

No, that's not why this topic was started. Please re-read the OP, and if you have further problems with understanding, try this:
    https://agendaweb.org/reading-exercises

The inflated attempt counts are happening for many people which is evidenced by the wowhead comments. What's more, it has actually been (sort of) confirmed that something is different for this mount, because if that one new wowhead comment is to be believed, this mount simply has a lower drop rate.
    Yeah I understand. Hope it isn't bugged, but it seems to me that the Ironhoof Destroyer just has a really low drop rate, below the 'general 1%'. The issue with the two drakes was that they were actually bugged, and didn't drop at all. That seems something else entirely, so let's hope it's not the case for this one!

Yeah I understand. Hope it isn't bugged, but it seems to me that the Ironhoof Destroyer just has a really low drop rate, below the 'general 1%'. The issue with the two drakes was that they were actually bugged, and didn't drop at all. That seems something else entirely, so let's hope it's not the case for this one!
    Wrong. OP in this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nt-drop-chance managed to get the Azure drake before they fixed the bug, on 3rd of July. The hotfix was released on 29th.