Thread: Nightborne Lore

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Nightborne Lore

I always thought the Nightbourne would be better on Alliance considering their relationship to the Night Elves. Or if not on Alliance, they should just be neutral and friendly towards Night Elves in general. I just played through the Suramar story line and the Night Elves help them a lot! I just don't get how the Nightbourne fit better on any faction, they feel like being shoehorned into horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given nature of said relationship im not sure what give you the idea that they should be alliance.

Before Battle for Azeroth? Absolutely. The only interaction between Tyrande and Thalyssra was the former politely pointing out to the latter that they have no way of knowing she won't become as bad as Azshara and Elisande. Of course, all of this was before Blizzard suddenly started painting Tyrande like a dumb version of Satan and Thalyssra like a poor mistreated puppy.

I do wonder why Thalyssra even rebelled against Elisande. I mean, Elisande looks like a kitten next to Sylvanas, so it's not like Thalyssra doesn't want to serve genocidal tyrants.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Nightbourne, played by Matt Damon.

Seriously though, Tyrande was a jerk, Liadrin was compassionate, not really a choice there.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    I always thought the Nightbourne would be better on Alliance considering their relationship to the Night Elves. Or if not on Alliance, they should just be neutral and friendly towards Night Elves in general. I just played through the Suramar story line and the Night Elves help them a lot! I just don't get how the Nightbourne fit better on any faction, they feel like being shoehorned into horde.
    Moonguard and Farondis are neutral. Tyrande is unfriendly to nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Before Battle for Azeroth? Absolutely. The only interaction between Tyrande and Thalyssra was the former politely pointing out to the latter that they have no way of knowing she won't become as bad as Azshara and Elisande. Of course, all of this was before Blizzard suddenly started painting Tyrande like a dumb version of Satan and Thalyssra like a poor mistreated puppy.

I do wonder why Thalyssra even rebelled against Elisande. I mean, Elisande looks like a kitten next to Sylvanas, so it's not like Thalyssra doesn't want to serve genocidal tyrants.
    The key difference is that Sylvanas is an ambitious leader while Elisande(being really desperate) agreed to summon a demon who wants to cut the world in half. Of course, Alliance players don't see any difference between killing allies and killing enemies.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Night Elves helped them a lot? Ermh. I guess, if you played a Night elf, yea. But that's a reach.

So it's either EVERYONE helped them a lot or no-one did. In the end, Tyrande was the one who gave the Varian Siege of orgrimmar speech to Thalyssra. Technically threatened her. What story were you playing thru?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post

Elisande literally tried to summon the full squad of the Burning Legion so they could literally destroy the planet.

Meanwhile, Sylvanas did nothing against the Nightborne (or the Horde), in fact, most of her actions are very pro-horde.

Tyrande was a dick. Lady Liadrin was nice.
    Nightborne have way more in common with Blood elves than night elves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Be careful. Ravenmoon may come here soon with his 20 paragraphs of reasons why night elves and nightborne are the same.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Be careful. Ravenmoon may come here soon with his 20 paragraphs of reasons why night elves and nightborne are the same.
    The same but different.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2019-08-03 at 06:20 PM.

well i have ravenmoon on ignore so it wont bother me.

well i have ravenmoon on ignore so it wont bother me.
    Well, I think it is kind of disrespectful for his hard work. I am not skilled enough to bend the facts in such long articles.

Tyrande was also a dick to DH's (her own Night Elf kin) and all Night Elves shun DH's, but that didn't stop them from joining the Alliance?

Well, I think it is kind of disrespectful for his hard work. I am not skilled enough to bend the facts in such long articles.
    "facts"
    some people are beyond help

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrande was also a dick to DH's (her own Night Elf kin) and all Night Elves shun DH's, but that didn't stop them from joining the Alliance?
    Demon hunters have better things to worry about then Tyrande being a dumbass. also they dont really care about her anyway

"facts"
    some people are beyond help
    I said bending them. He uses facts to create bullshit. His usual way of thinking is: starfire deals arcane damage => druids use arcane magic => druids=mages => nightborne=night elves.

I said bending them. He uses facts to create bullshit. His usual way of thinking is: starfire deals arcane damage => druids use arcane magic => druids=mages => nightborne=night elves.
    thats a massive stretch

Demon hunters have better things to worry about then Tyrande being a dumbass. also they dont really care about her anyway
    It's better if we don't think too hard on why some of the 'hero' class archetypes work their ways into the factions. The lore is inconsistent about various groups interacting with one another depending on how much a given author bothered to pay attention to it

5+ Year Old Account
    Do not discuss other users in such a manner. It's inappropriate and derails discussion. Stay to the topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Nightbourne, played by Matt Damon.

Seriously though, Tyrande was a jerk, Liadrin was compassionate, not really a choice there.
    umm, she was even a bigger jerk to illidan and to all other DH's, and they still joined alliance???

that's a great deal of oversimplification... but not exactly off with regards to the point being made...

the only flaw is the druid = mage portion.

In general that person regards the usage of 'magic' to manipulate nature isn't far off from the very explicit usage of 'arcane' thus night elves living in the post vigil society still use 'arcane' because druids use magic or whatever. It's sure to spark some long wall of text dissertation regardless.

Personally still think druids only use 'arcane' cause originally being a single school caster class with all cast times greater than 2 seconds would effectively kill any build if interrupts were present and they didn't have the means to create new schools like they eventually did in wrath.

The reason for Void elves is so Blizz could 'justify' giving a version of High Elves to the alliance without really doing it, and giving a version of night elves to the horde without really doing it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs