Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they used cambridge analytica to target people with lies and propaganda, essentially communication warfare tactics on US soil during an election.

This really isn't that much worse, considering the rubicon has already been crossed and camp trump is already shoulder deep in shitcreek territory. The only thing that would surprise me at this point is political adversaries getting killed as i see people being locked up under bogus charges a possibility this election.

I just realized how great this will be!!

After this is passed we can expand it so that in the Media Rush Limbaugh will have to stop screening calls and take every call that comes in. If he wants to block calls he can't he has to spend the whole broadcast taking calls, from luburals, no censorship!!!!

oh the fun times to be had!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I swear conservatives never fucking see the forest for the trees.

They're rapidly trying to enact things via EO that might be nice to them in the short term but then set a precedent for more liberal governments to use in the exact same way.

Dumbest possible people are in power.
    What exactly leads you to believe that the hacks Republicans are busy shoving into the courts have any regard for precedent?

As soon as a case involving a liberal EO comes before them, they'll reverse their ruling so fast they'll have done a 900 before they can stop spinning.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What exactly leads you to believe that the hacks Republicans are busy shoving into the courts have any regard for precedent?

As soon as a case involving a liberal EO comes before them, they'll reverse their ruling so fast they'll have done a 900 before they can stop spinning.
    And the second a single conservative EO gets held up in court, that's it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Your numbers include Baidu which nobody on the West can use, because it's all in Chinese and targeting the Chinese, that's why you get 76%. The real number is 84%. (My 96% estimate comes from a different measure.) But please note that even by that account, Google is above your threshold. The threshold should not apply, but even if it should have applied, and even without doing a clean count, Google is a check on your monopoly criteria.
    But of course, nobody here is bitching about google, because right wingers aren't getting banned from google platforms for hate speech... mostly because google stays out of the social media sphere.

And in above post, you basically just admitted that while 43% doesn't count as a monopoly in the US legal definition, it "should" count because you want to squeeze your persecution complex into crying your way into a government takeover of facebook so it can... allow hate speech? Yeah, big fat NO.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"