Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your favorite Star Trek theme songs

The creators of star trek always do such a good job with building opening sequences. The songs are always good. Except for the theme song on enterprise (I love the series but disliked the theme song). Which is your favorite? I'm excluding the new series because I haven't watched the show yet.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The best version IMO was the Star Trek 2 theme. James Horner's theme packed SO much emotion. Incredibly powerful.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The best version IMO was the Star Trek 2 theme. James Horner's theme packed SO much emotion. Incredibly powerful.

I have to agree. Although I really, really like First Contact's theme.

Now, for TV shows, I believe that Voyager's theme is the best. You really get the feeling of a lone ship lost in a vast galaxy. There's something Western-like about it too. DS9 has that castle feel about it with those French horns that suits it well, but the theme in itself is rather bland for me. TNG's is really TMPs theme (and Star Trek V). It's good but too generic for that reason.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Voyager's theme is the best.

The Enterprise theme should have been the one they used for the end credits:

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Space Nine
    Enterprise
    TNG
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man I gotta go with the Undiscovered Country intro. Gives me chills every time.

Though I really do love the intro theme to Nemesis.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah, I like 'm all.

But THE Star Trek theme is of course the one from Star Trek: The Motion Picture = the TNG intro theme.

The best version of this theme actually appears at the First Contact End Credits (in two variations, with the First Contact main theme in between):

Last edited by deepr; 2019-08-17 at 01:05 PM.

Inner Light

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm biased because I grew up watching Next Generation, but I'm going with that.

The Next Generation. Easily.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes on you op I love Enterprise's theme song....it's fucking uplifting!

I'm going with the oddball one, but it struck a chord ever since I heard it first...

Also quite fond of the Insurrection & Generations themes.

Easily Voyager. Though i'm biased because Voyager is (*gasp*) my favorite Star Trek series. Deep Space Nine is also really good, and I actually kinda like the Enterprise Song. Not a big fan of the music for Original series and Next Gen.

TNG or Enterprise. I think TNG wins but thats because it has Picard's voice in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    TNG or Enterprise. I think TNG wins but thats because it has Picard's voice in it.
    I enjoyed the closing scene at the end of Enterprise when they incorporated all 3 captains voices and all 3 enterprises. It was a great tribute to the entire star trek franchise.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I can't decide which one I like best, but DS9 was probably my least favorite. It didn't really move or inspire me to the point that the other series' did.

TNG-->Voyager-->DS9

I already mentioned my favorite above, but I just had to say Jerry Goldsmith also did a great job on the beautiful First Contact theme (by far my favorite Trek film).

Voyager theme is great too. DS9 wasn't composed by Goldsmith and it shows, but it's still decent enough.

Enterprise: YUCK!

On a sidenote, I think The Orville theme is pretty great and uplifting as well, in the spirit of the TMP/TNG theme.

If we are talking theme songs, the opening of shows. Then TNG is above all the others by a pretty good margin. Even someone with next to no knowledge of star trek will most likely know its a star trek theme.