View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think we need a new class.

I also think we need more specs/variety of gameplay - by definition, aka "that's always good!"

So my bet is on whatever it is we are getting - will be in the form of spec(s), e.g. Necro for DK, Dark Ranger for Hunters (?), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to use my Dragonsworn concept as a way the class COULD appear in WoW;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Feel free to use my Dragonsworn concept as a way the class COULD appear in WoW; https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    All dragonflights use fire - fire is innate in all dragons in Warcraft lore. Red Dragons in WoW means life - which use fire. Green dragons means dream, who also use fire etc etc
    Ysera is already connected to healing druids

Crucible of flame flavor text

Also the red dragons are pretty destructive and have been the most prominent in raids and dungeons outside of the black but they are already tied to tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    None. There are already more specs in the game than Blizzard can provide unique gameplay for. Unless they get a major kick in the pants, creatively, there's no need for more classes.

Also, Tinker just invades the design space of Engineering. Necromancer invades the design spaces of Warlock and DK. Ranger invades the design space of Hunter. Instead of making a new class that steps on the toes of those things that already exist, maybe make those things not suck first. Just an idea.

Voted for Tinker, but my one caveat is that I'd want at least one spec to not use a mech. I'm interested in guns (dual wielding pistols would be awesome), bombs, gadgets, turrets and assorted gizmos, but have little desire to be a mech pilot.

Where's the option for none? There's currently 36 specs that need to be fixed before you go ahead and potentially add another 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    None. There are already more specs in the game than Blizzard can provide unique gameplay for. Unless they get a major kick in the pants, creatively, there's no need for more classes.

Also, Tinker just invades the design space of Engineering. Necromancer invades the design spaces of Warlock and DK. Ranger invades the design space of Hunter. Instead of making a new class that steps on the toes of those things that already exist, maybe make those things not suck first. Just an idea.
    Engineering has no class design space. It's a profession.

Not sure but it should be ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Where's the option for none? There's currently 36 specs that need to be fixed before you go ahead and potentially add another 3
    Nothing needs to be fixed, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they somehow needs fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Voted for Tinker, but my one caveat is that I'd want at least one spec to not use a mech. I'm interested in guns (dual wielding pistols would be awesome), bombs, gadgets, turrets and assorted gizmos, but have little desire to be a mech pilot.
    I'd like to see a Tinker DPs spec based on Mille Watt, Maleficent Manastorm, GG Engineering, and others. I think that would be interesting.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-08-14 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nothing needs to be fixed, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they somehow needs fixing.
    Well don't take my word for it, just ask some of the Shamans.

*laughs in Enhancement*

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If only you were playing said game, you would known already that Red dragons ..... theme is healing .
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, Aspect of the red dragonflight, is the guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth.
    The general issue with the dragon aspects is that they aren't really one trick ponies, which is also why something like Nymhrod posted makes more sense, they'd be an ideal post-max level progression theme. If we were to make a class out of it out of desperation then it would make more sense to have each spec utilize several mechanics of the different flights.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Well don't take my word for it, just ask some of the Shamans.

*laughs in Enhancement*
    +1 *laughs in Enhancement* (not gonna play shamans ever again)

Some guy asked "Method"-guy, "why you dont have shamans in raid?"(Lady Ashvane), answer was "We dont need useless class".

And i was like "HELL YEAH"
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-14 at 03:26 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Blizzard already conceeded that classes need fixing and they went too far. So you are just flat out wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Lorewise the only dragonflight still empowered is the Black Dragonflight. Could still see them doing something like this with Wrathion though.
    Not sure they are still empowered. Besides being mostly corrupted and decimated, the power of the aspect usually rests with said aspect and afaik didn't change over to either Wrathion or Ebonhorn. For the blues it was previously transfered by some titan mechanic left behind on azeroth, but we have no confimation something similar existed for the blacks. Not to mention "something with earth" was always a rather weird theme..

I'd like to see a Tinker DPs spec based on Mille Watt, Maleficent Manastorm, GG Engineering, and others. I think that would be interesting.
    Well, I'd certainly like to have both Squirrel Bomb and Rocket Chicken attacks, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Blizzard already conceeded that classes need fixing and they went too far. So you are just flat out wrong.
    And what do you expect them to do? Tell me? How do you define a well designed class? Because you know, thing like "opinions" exists. And there will a part of community that liked version A while part of community liked version B.

People always complained about classes.

The only thing that blizzard should, and will do is to make sure that class will have some common spells across the specs so that "class identity" will be achieved. Add some flavor spells back like alter time (no it will not be version from MoP).

But you know what will happen when they do that? Yeah, people will still complain.

Do you really think classes will be balanced? Hell no.
    Do you really think somehow magically all players will agree that class design is good? Hell no.
    Do you really think you will like next version of your favorite class rotation? Some will, some won't.

And good example is current demo, I fukken love current demo, for me it is THE best spec in the game including all the previous expansions. But there are some people who hate it and loved previous version.

Do you think adding flavor spell will make your rotation better? No
    Do you think if they add warrior stances back everyone will be satisfied? Fuck no.

I've been thru complaints shitstorm for 4 expansions. And I expect it next expansion as well.

You know what people will say in 9.0 ? "I actually Miss BfA, this expansion is shit, my class feels shit! At least we had this this and that."

I think adding sub specializations for all classes would be more ideal.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account

Wonders why subs are low due to game design and class mechanics...Yea I know lets add more classes!!! are you for real or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Although I would love to see a 4th spec or a new class, I don't think we will have it with the current 3 roles paradigm wow uses.
    We have a precedent in druid so it's not that farfetched.