Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    considering it basically only has 3 that are heavily populated.... it may as well.

One of the biggest requests FOR modern wow, actually, is a mega server or HUGE server crunch because we have 90% dead realms, and a handful where everyone is transferring to. When everyone starts piling up on a few realms; it's a sign of a games decline.
    What's the server cap/size like on classic?

I know retail got a pretty huge bump at start of Legion, which even with a bunch of players returning for the start of expac dropped most realms down by a bracket on low/medium/high/full pop (or however it goes). Which is another reason why queues are less often since then (and they go by much faster, had a queue over 1k go by in a matter of minutes).

Is there any info that classic is using new realm sizes instead of old?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, but for the record retail would be a LOT better condensed down to 12-25 realms.

they have about 220 dead realms, and a handful that are growing in population because people are migrating from the dying realms in droves.

An ESO style megaserver is 10 years overdue for retail wow
    Now i don't disagree at all about that statement. But i was simply pointing out that the queues in classic and the queues in retail is a completely meaningless comparison.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Now i don't disagree at all about that statement. But i was simply pointing out that the queues in classic and the queues in retail is a completely meaningless comparison.
    No you're right, that was a good point and i agree with you completely. great counter point my friend Have a great weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    What's the server cap/size like on classic?

I know retail got a pretty huge bump at start of Legion, which even with a bunch of players returning for the start of expac dropped most realms down by a bracket on low/medium/high/full pop (or however it goes). Which is another reason why queues are less often since then (and they go by much faster, had a queue over 1k go by in a matter of minutes).

Is there any info that classic is using new realm sizes instead of old?
    They are using the new infrastructure tech and they have layering so the realms can hold a LOT more than back in the day. It's more comparable to live wow server capacity than vanilla

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    So dead that the realms have que's 10k deep. Whens the last time you had a que for retail?
    the other day actually

Glad I'm rolling on a carebear server. With my limited play time I'd rather play instead of spending it in a Q.

Sadly, in some ways joining a queue realm is futureproofing your experience. I really wish I had stayed on the full realm I once played on for retail, instead of this years long sojourn into low pop. Blizz just needs to handle servers better - it's okay to merge when your game is still notable/popular, it won't bring more game is dying than there already will be.

Of course if you absolutely don't care about seeing players about you, the queue-less choice could be cool and I still think it's a good idea to try to alert this beforehand.

Nice try Blizzard, but i'm gonna play the most populated PVP server. You guys deal with the server tech and sharding. I'd rather have a que and know my games population will be steady in 6 months vs picking the consolation realm and have to risk being swallowed up whole by a particular dominant PVP realm.
    have you logged into to see the Realm List lately? Half are FULL now, with most at HIGH.

Nice try Blizzard, but i'm gonna play the most populated PVP server. You guys deal with the server tech and sharding. I'd rather have a que and know my games population will be steady in 6 months vs picking the consolation realm and have to risk being swallowed up whole by a particular dominant PVP realm.
    Yeah, this right here is pretty much spot on. Blizzard has let servers stagnate to death before, if only to push paid transfers. I don't trust that they will do the right thing here and merge servers if the population dies out in a few months, they'll probably introduce paid services to Vanilla at some point just to reap the extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    have you logged into to see the Realm List lately? Half are FULL now, with most at HIGH.
    If you believe that, I have a bridge in downtown Brooklyn I’d love to sell you for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Don't worry about picking a dead realm guys, they all will be dead in time.
    I'll not sure that classic is going to be the resounding success some people are expecting, but I'm trying to imagine being so deluded and negative to assume they'll be "dead". Hell, private servers alone show there's definitely a large enough community to ensure these all stay alive.

Do you just like, feed off of negativity?

Login queues and server instability are peak vanilla experiences. If you want Classic you should be forced to experience this. #NoChanges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Because high population on a game that's not out yet means it will stay populated, every pre order game in existance says Hi, No man's sky says Hi.

Don't be a naive child. Early high numbers doesn't mean long term numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

These ignorant kids. ACTUALLY it means the MMO is dead which it is and everyone plays on the highest populated server so there's ques. Which is exactly what it is on that game.
    It would be like if wow died in 10 years, everyone on US would move to Illidan because it'd still be the highest populated server and then stupid posts "Illidan has que times so the game is still popular!!! durrr"
    I get que times logging into Blade and soul still and that game is dead as shit
    That stick must be so far up your ass it's poking your brain. Why people wish for a game to do poorly I'll never know. The more successful any game is the more fun can be had by everyone, including you. Once that stick is removed, anyway.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I'd have to wonder, isn't it better to accept queues and be on a server that'll for sure remain popular, than to roll on the latest opened server...?
    Granted, this might just apply beyond release, but how many servers opened later than the others remain healthy in population once the rush dies down?

7+ Year Old Account

what realm? because i only know of a handful that could even be contenders for a que, and even then i dunno i just don't see it considering all of my realms are deader than the forsaken. Not doubting you FP, just curious where i need to park my next retail toon lol

lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You guys understand the more successful classic is the better that is for retail right? Why people are going back and forth on this ill never know

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    You guys understand the more successful classic is the better that is for retail right? Why people are going back and forth on this ill never know
    Not necessarily. If they just shift subs from retail to classic, Retail will get even less revenue back. No tokens, character services and ingame store so less revenue. If it get a million NEW players that doesn't play retail, sure, but that is never going to happen.

Retail becoming less profitable because players shifting is NOT going to be better for retail now, is it
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-08-16 at 02:14 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I wonder how populated this server will be since so many people have already figured out their realms, it's a nice option though since Faelina is the streamer server, Thalnos is the home to the Brazilian community, and Herod is the largest server.
    A lot of people really don't give a shit about retail or reserving cliché names. That means their account is currently not active, not getting scammed by Blizzard's fuckery. I can easily see them populating the new server, on top of that there will be people who get annoyed at the Herod queue the moment they log in and just make a new toon on that new server instead.