Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    I like sleep.
    There's a time and a place, after a long day at work, an all night drinking session, trash mobs.

Benefit of pve realm is that there are less pvp heroes bouncing about.

ganking isn't the only form of griefing around. you just have to be a bit more creative on a pve server, but it's certainly doable.

that said i do think if you are behind the server level/gear curve, you are probably a lot better off on a pve server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The top three realms in the world are PVP: https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu , and https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

So tbh, it's actually PROVEN that PVP realms are actually better than PVE overall (not me, I've a fucken scrub) for actual RAID content

TBH tho: unless you're really looking into this.. when you roll classic because a lot of conversations are about classic - Why would you want to have a dead server after a short period of time when classic dies down: Play on a PVP server, sure you may have SOME world pvp.. but at least you will have groups 24/7 instead of a dead server after 6-12 months

PvP is if you want to beat the game on the highest difficulty. PvE is an easier version of the game, for those who dont care about achievement and prestige and just want to see the content. Its like a world size LFR with additional steps. Let people choose their difficulty. I personally feel the PvP and threat of the world is half the experience of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I'm personally just still amazed that 15 years on this argument over ganking still exists.
    Well, yeah. All of the kiddies rolling UD rogues and ganking lowbies will defend wpvp as "the world is threatening" and other emotional crap, while people who aren't masochists will roll on PvE realms, thus angering the previously-mentioned UD rogue kiddies who will have less lowbies to gank.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The top three realms in the world are PVP: https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu , and https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

So tbh, it's actually PROVEN that PVP realms are actually better than PVE overall (not me, I've a fucken scrub) for actual RAID content

TBH tho: unless you're really looking into this.. when you roll classic because a lot of conversations are about classic - Why would you want to have a dead server after a short period of time when classic dies down: Play on a PVP server, sure you may have SOME world pvp.. but at least you will have groups 24/7 instead of a dead server after 6-12 months
    You honestly can't take the fact that it says PvP into account. The game has been using Warmode *aka all realms PvE when not active* since the beginning of BFA. During this time, people could have migrated towards its realms for various reasons, i.e. larger concentration of Horde or Alliance, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinraye View Post
    PvP is if you want to beat the game on the highest difficulty. PvE is an easier version of the game, for those who dont care about achievement and prestige and just want to see the content. Its like a world size LFR with additional steps. Let people choose their difficulty. I personally feel the PvP and threat of the world is half the experience of vanilla.
    The problem is when that "threat" only ever attacks you when you are at a disadvantage.

Nobody EVER touches you in wpvp unless you are:

-already fighting a mob
    -5+ levels lower than them
    -low health/mana
    -etc.

99% of "wpvp" is just ganking. There's no "challenge and prestige" to randomly being forced to a 3 minute corpse run that you have no way of avoiding.

You know where the actual challenge and prestige is? Battlegrounds and other fairly-matched PvP where it's truly a test of skill/gear rather than just unfairly ganking someone who has no chance of fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Correlation does not imply causation.

That's just a fucking dumb argument to make in the first place. "ohh, the top guilds in the world are on pvp realms, THIS MUST MEAN THAT PVP REALMS ALWAYS HAVE BETTER PLAYERS THAN PVE REALMS!!" like what? That's such a massive oversimplification of things that I can only assume that yes, it came from the mouth of a gankserver player.

Nevermind the fact that in both of those links, the #4 realm is a PvE realm.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-08-16 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    You honestly can't take the fact that it says PvP into account. The game has been using Warmode *aka all realms PvE when not active* since the beginning of BFA. During this time, people could have migrated towards its realms for various reasons, i.e. larger concentration of Horde or Alliance, etc.
    pvp realms haven't matters since forever. most servers have been 90% one faction since a few years after their launch. (which ironically was exactly what warmode was supposed to fix.)

it was honestly my first thought when i saw there were only 2 EN PVP realms in EU: oh, so one will be the horde realm and one will be the alliance realm.

The best part are the people not realising PvP does happen on PvE realms,it happens a lot even.
    People just get the option to not take part

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt consider in the majority of the alliance players, as we seen on live only turn on pvp if they get a massive reward out of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

"Farm herbs/mines/mats in peace"

Good luck getting any nodes when you cant get rid of competition.

started my wow career on release on a pvp realm... eventually went to a PVE one and never looked back, its a million times better on PVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post

always had more issues with my own faction than the other faction ..... and those were rare.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    PvP servers are the alpha chad servers. It is understandable that some of you will feel intimidated.

I will definitely roll on a PvP server.
    Your chest hair is so sexy. Can I run my fingers through it?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post

Who do you think will be more efficient at gathering nodes? The player on a pve server, or the same player on a pvp server? After 1 hour, who do you think will have more ore/herbs in their bags?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brickmaster View Post
    Yeah because not being able to play the game because of childish people like you corpse ganking is really exciting eh?.

Come off it.

step 1 roll mage
    step 2 get ganked
    step 3 run back to corpse
    step 4 wait till the guy that ganked you turns
    step 5 rez
    step 6 blink
    step 7 mount
    step 8 you're free

game iz hard

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Not gonna lie, on the occasions where I just wasn't in the mood, just trying to farm, I'd just stand there and wait to die. The best thing you can do to make a ganker uninterested is to not fight back. When you try to put up a fight, that's what they're after.

If you start getting into repeated battles you find yourself losing out on a lot of gold.
    It most definitely isn't, no. It isn't ganking if you CAN fight back - what gankers want is to annoy people, and seeing them AFK once you get near is the pinnacle of that.

It's only a gank if you have literally zero chance of winning regardless of both parties' skill - otherwise it's just PvP you're cowering from.

I will be on RP, because I've always found those realms to be less obnoxious, and not RP-PVP because I don't PvP and none of the arguments on here in favor apply to me.

"You're missing an entire element of the game!" - An element I have no interest in and wouldn't participate in, point is moot.
    "You need to play on PvP to beat the game on the hardest difficulty." - You don't beat an MMORPG, I give zero shits about what 'difficulty' I'm playing.
    *general name calling/talking down/insults* - I don't value your opinion on this matter and I'm not going to change my playstyle for a computer game to something I don't want because person on internet called me bad name.

I don't have a ton of playtime when I get on I want to be able to play how I want at what I want, not have my gametime dictated to me by someone several levels above me who has nothing better to do than stand around while I corpse run just so they can 1-shot me again while I'm trying to quest. Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Who do you think will be more efficient at gathering nodes? The player on a pve server, or the same player on a pvp server? After 1 hour, who do you think will have more ore/herbs in their bags?
    I guess it depends on why you're farming those herbs/ that ore. If it's to sell it, then the point is kinda moot as the harder something is to acquire, the more valuable it becomes. So while a PvE'r (or a PvPer not trying to say which it would be) might farm more resource in an hour, if it's that much easier to do, they won't be selling it for as high a price. So the gold/hour would remain relatively similar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by crunch09 View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so excited at playing in a PVP realm.

On a PVE realm you can:
    • Farm herbs/mines/mats in peace.
    • Not being ganked 24/7 by groups sitting in the same spot all day and night.
    • Having the ability to turn pvp on or off when you want outdoors.
    • Not having huge ques when you log in.

Are you guys switching to a PVE realm in Classic?, because i'm 100% going to PVE .
    i dont plan on playing classic very much, but when i do my wife and i will be playing on a pve server. she just wants to relax and play. she doesnt find being ganked while leveling to be very fun.

that being said, if was was planning on going hardcore i would definitely play pvp, if only for how fun it was having giant guildvguild wars for world dragons, stealthing into ironforge and being a nuisance, etc.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2019-08-16 at 04:45 PM.