Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyEliza View Post
    There are already enough Shadow & Death based classes in the game, and if Blizzard are going to be pushing the whole Void v Light scenario we need another light based class to balance things out.

On the Shadow / Void side we have:
    • Priest (ranged dps)
    • Death Knight (melee dps / tank)
    • Warlock (ranged dps)

On the Light side we have:
    • Priest (healer)
    • Paladin (melee dps / tank / healer)

So the next class should be a Light based ranged dps type. Either that or turn Discipline Priests into a full dps spec.
    But you should just listed 4 shadow specs and 4 light specs... . Plus adding Disciple is both shadow and light so that's even.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I mean, we can ignore how things were originally made, and just invent random crap like male witches and why not make them breakdancers while at it. =/

They already do this a lot in the game. Warlock literally means male witch and female priests should be called priestesses

"HMM, a post about a class, should be interesting..........so long as that Tirez guy doesnt try and make the whole thing about Tinker class....."

Page 2...........THERE IT IS! lol. just let people talk about other classes without desperately trying to make it all about your silly little Mechanic class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    I would really like a support class. Like pure support class that spends the fight constantly buffing DPS. Like that's their role. They never or rarely targets the boss/mobs and they just cast all their spells on players granting them like say 5% stacking haste buff for 3 stacks for 12 seconds, then they switch to the tank giving them damage reduction by 3% per stack for 2 stacks for 15 seconds. So on and so forth.

Only problem is then the bosses would be tuned to have x amount of these classes thus negating really the benefit of these classes. But I still think it would be fun to have. This is the only thing I think wow really lacks.

Also I think it's fine to include fun classes even if it's similar to another class in terms of mechanics. I'm a big fan of tinkers and what not and don't mind it playing like fire mages even if it means I "cast" a spell and in the end i throw a big ass bomb.
    Although this is something i would be interested in, and im not against the idea, it would require the entire game to be re balanced - and not minor changes.

Witches are warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

And Dragoons are cooler.

I'm a bit disheartened to see a Witch class that has nothing to do with the already-established Sea Witch, which I think has much potential to be drawn from.

Basically a Naga culture themed Arcane-based Ranger/Spellcaster, rife with Enchanting/Charming type of abilities that are missing in WoW.

Spear user, mail wearing, melee-mid range with jumps from afar with the power of dragons.

We need to roll fire mages and destro locks to burn this witch! xD

7+ Year Old Account

sykretts
    What the.....
    Technically, witches are mix of druid (governs nature, usually without shapeshift, but sometimes also with, and it’s not only about flora, like trees and stuff, but also about fauna, like crows, wolves, cats, snakes, toads, worms, insects and more, so next part of it is), hunter (but animals are often bewitched and summoned, but not tamed, somehow demonic, which makes reference to), warlock (curses and demons, but used demons of a different nature, rather chthonic demons, which brings us to the next), shaman (also partly healing with nature, voodoo magic and controlling elements including revitalization of inanimate objects, only thing is that we're mostly talking about spirits of nature and golems here, but not about really dead creatures, which adds to the list also), mage (polymorph and other stuff, just manipulation magic is different) and necromancer (which, with diseases and raise non-living corpses, gives some reference to death knights, but of course we are talking about purely ritual actions and spells, which gives us opportunity to add following class to the list), priest (yes, basic magic will be certainly dark, there even was time in WoW when they used "ravens", but according to sources there are also white witches; also using mind tricks, levitation and other suitable abilities) - this last class, imo, is most of all referring to possible “pure” witches of Azeroth. In certain circumstances, even monks may be included in this list

What follows from this?

Imo, concept that I mentioned (mix of dark ranger with witch/banshee), is the most stylistically possible of candidates to fit into lore of Azeroth without having to invade others... although they could pick up witches tools from all classes (mentioned above), but without taking away their abilities. As I already said before "warlocks didn't have to lose their demon form, this was purely devs decision".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    in other words, it could have 3 dev.directions (int-stat bow here could also be returned): banshee as spellcaster (hence justification for dark casual abilities), DR as direct fighter (give "using bow&daggers" as projection tool together with thematically appropriate fighting style) and third (here I would say "necromancer" - to justify corresponding complementary branch, but being afraid, that for this I'll be eaten alive for example) witch doctor as souls'user (direction with dark part of voodoo rituals)... kind of
    Triceron
    It's a mix of shadowy dark magic with nature and life magic, with some Alchemy thrown in between. It's like a mix of Druidism and Necromancy, having aspects of both and being neither.
    Well, in general, I have already eloquently expressed that presence of "shadow magic" (regardless of used weapons) by itself in no way adds anything rogues' to DR's concept. And also it's quite literally being said in cited by you message about where their power comes from and how it works - this is just shadow mage in skin armor, who very skillfully enchants own weapons and corresponding specific (non-rogue) skills. In other words, neither fighting style nor their abilities are in any way associated with what rogues have, and this is especially true of all that (abilities, effects; their source of dodges, parries, strikes and other things are magical, and not physical, like rogues'; any similarity is only visual, even in-game warriors have more in common with rogues than DRs does; they fight in melee sometimes, no doubt, but their fight is closer to enh.shaman's "battle mage" performance in mechanics than rogue's) was shown in regards to DR or in videos with Sylvanas
    There is nothing rogue's in DR and full-fledged hunter's too, they're more of "agile mind-ed shadow mage", all its weapons are defective in themselves, but they are enchanted, magic is their weapon... but they aren't necromancers either, there are some common elements that intersect, but these are attacking and protecting spells, and not a full-fledged life/death force manipulation (for the same reason DK can't act as full-fledged necromancer).
    Friend mentioned, that there're sorceresses (witches) in BDO that are mix of s.priest, warlock and monk, but such symbiosis doesn't look very adequate for Azeroth. Although druid (another forum character from the same company), periodically likes to laugh at first one (whose forum character is warlock) with refering to witch/Baba Yaga (largely referring here to "curses" term). Apparently terms have similar signs in slavic "mythology", I don't know anything about this in detail ... it's unlikely that "cat" is trying to compare "new models' problem" with “killing a puppy and stealing a car”, perhaps the only thing in common between these characters is nationality (but it became known much later than described events, therefore there is clearly no any connection, just funny coincidence; on the other hand, druid mentions "keep it gangsta" abbreviation during joke about origin of nickname, which speaks in favor of "not just coincidence")

- Addition -

It turned out that everything is even more interesting: this word (in russian version - from old) literally means “one that possesses (secret) knowledge”, “one that knows” - slavs didn't hunt witches, unlike the way it was in Europe, and often referred this to people, who simply had understanding/knowledge of something that others don't, but that didn't mean automatically bad (it turns out, that slavs didn't have institute of demonology, since they were originally pagans for a long time and believed that their world was full of spirits and that they needed to be able to live together in peace). Although all my guesses can also be counted in some way, since druid didn't have only one thing in mind, but all at once, even if as element of satire
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-05-17 at 11:01 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alederys View Post
    They already do this a lot in the game. Warlock literally means male witch and female priests should be called priestesses
    Yeah, it's not the only thing they do wrong in the game. The list is pretty fucking long.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Oh look.. another class idea that is more of the same stuff.

Can we get away from edgy, shadow, dark, death themed shit (how many do we need in the game?)
    Seriously, it's my same problem with both the idea of a necromancer (as much as I personally want it) and this witch idea.

We have enough dark edgy classes. Two out of two hero classes we've gotten have been dark, brooding crap and then add onto that one existing normal class and a spec of another. I guess there's clearly a demand for it but I'm kinda sick of this theme by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes we get witches but they are only for multiboxers.
    You always have to play three witches.
    You always have to carry your book of shadows
    and all your spellings are called Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Hey y'all! So I know everyone is clammering for tinker, necromancer, or dark ranger/shadow hunter, but I have an idea for a class that could be within the realm of possibility. The Witch. Now in history witches have been predominantly female but I feel that doesn't have to matter all that much. Maybe just call it something else. Witch is the best I can come up with at the moment though. I'm open to name suggestions in the replies.

Now this is all just a theory of mine so it isn't all fleshed out.

This class would rely heavily upon the Drust's death magic, so think of their spells having that eerie black and dark blue colors.

There could be three specs:

Reanimator:
    The manipulation of death magic to form wicker constructs from the souls of the dead to fight along side you, kind of like a necromancer would. (ranged dps or possibly the first ranged tank)

Diviner/Hexcaller:
    The manipulation of death magic to debuff your enemies while also buffing your allies through hexes and enchantments. (support dps)

Runeweaver:
    The manipulation of death magic to steal lifeforce from your enemies and grant it to your allies (healer)

The class would wear intellect cloth gear and use a new scythe weapon type.

This is all just kind of what I would want from a new class. Necromancer seems kinda bland, tinker almost will never happen with engineering, and I feel dark ranger isn't unique enough. Let me know what y'all think!

Edited the part where I said to call it something else for that one guy who keeps saying witches are women only. I know they are generally women only but the term witch is not gender specific. Do some research for yourself buddy.
    so necromancer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wtches are cool and all ... but since we need two new classes to come out for a new expansion, my vote for the second is: VAMPIRATES!

I'm not talking about the Thornwalkers or whatever they're called. Those are the Drust equivalent of druids. The witches are more akin to necromancers and shamans.
    Had some ideas that would tie in with the Headless Horseman, since there's always a seasonal theme, but then...seasons seemed to be a theme, or better, several specs.
    Whatever ideas, I don't think adding a new class would go over well now.

A witch's mount would be a broom. A "pet" would be a scarecrow....spells would be hexes...

*big shrug* Just playing here.

Make a Mage. Pick Female gender.

Congrats, you are now a witch.

Hey y'all! So I know everyone is clammering for tinker, necromancer, or dark ranger/shadow hunter, but I have an idea for a class that could be within the realm of possibility. The Witch. Now in history witches have been predominantly female but I feel that doesn't have to matter all that much. Maybe just call it something else. Witch is the best I can come up with at the moment though. I'm open to name suggestions in the replies.

Now this is all just a theory of mine so it isn't all fleshed out.

This class would rely heavily upon the Drust's death magic, so think of their spells having that eerie black and dark blue colors.

There could be three specs:

Reanimator:
    The manipulation of death magic to form wicker constructs from the souls of the dead to fight along side you, kind of like a necromancer would. (ranged dps or possibly the first ranged tank)

Diviner/Hexcaller:
    The manipulation of death magic to debuff your enemies while also buffing your allies through hexes and enchantments. (support dps)

Runeweaver:
    The manipulation of death magic to steal lifeforce from your enemies and grant it to your allies (healer)

The class would wear intellect cloth gear and use a new scythe weapon type.

This is all just kind of what I would want from a new class. Necromancer seems kinda bland, tinker almost will never happen with engineering, and I feel dark ranger isn't unique enough. Let me know what y'all think!

Edited the part where I said to call it something else for that one guy who keeps saying witches are women only. I know they are generally women only but the term witch is not gender specific. Do some research for yourself buddy.
    Witches are female warlocks.

Since BFA launched I like the idea of witches as a class skin of mages, Drust aesthetics are refreshing and I’d like see them in our hands, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but "witch" is effectively female version of "warlock".
    Witch can mean a lot of different things there are a lot of different interpretation of a witch. Can you not post basic answer that can be shut down in less than 5 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Since BFA launched I like the idea of witches as a class skin of mages, Drust aesthetics are refreshing and I’d like see them in our hands, somehow.
    Witch could be a corrupted druid spec that is playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenreki View Post
    Witches are female warlocks.
    Depends on the lore and interptation there a lot of different version of witches blizzard can extend the lore as they see fit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Depends on the lore and interptation there a lot of different version of witches blizzard can extend the lore as they see fit.
    A witch is a female warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenreki View Post
    A witch is a female warlock.
    Witches draw upon the power of Thros while warlocks work with demons and fel. Despite the similarities of the words in the English language, they're very different creatures within the setting.