- subjective (but they aren't great)
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - somewhat true for some specs
    - there was like one gated grind so far this expac and like 2 in legion
    - a complete non statement

Everything you've said is completely opinion based for the most part, get real - this might be your opinion on BFA but let's not present things as solid facts when they really aren't.
    See my previous reply. Yes, these are subjective, just as what the dude listed out in the OP are.

7+ Year Old Account
    BfA is a crap legion and legion was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

Rated Bgs are fun and competitive at 2k+.

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    I agree with you.

Been having a blast, and this patch has been a huge success.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Zone design was lackluster for most zones
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game
    Literally all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Literally all subjective.
    Yes... Yes it is. So is the list of the things the OP posted.

Some guys like to bash their balls with a hammer. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Everything aside from the story point is subjective. I honestly think BfA's only massive and glaring flaw is the story direction. But that's what happens when you hire Christie Golden.
    Lolno. Story is subjective. Stories like this are written to entertain, what entertains a person is 100% subjective. When people try to "objectively" judge stories they are simply comparing the story to imaginary, arbitrary standards that a certain subset of society happens to consider "good writing". It's meaningless, stories are subjective as well.

The only way you can *maybe* say a story is objectively good or bad is if the story is trying to make a point or persuade people (as opposed to being for entertainment) and it's message is objectively true/false, and if it's argumentation objectively valid or invalid.

Because:
    I think BfA has had the best zones the game has ever seen. The terrain, the skyboxes; the amount of detail in the environment trumps everything that came before it. Boralus is the coolest city Blizzard has ever created. Remastered Arathi Basin and Arathi Highlands are absolutely fantastic as well.

The environments Blizzard is creating feel much more immersive than anything they've done before. The geography isn't just Super Mario style hills and mountains (remember the ones in the old SNES Super Mario World? Lumpy Diglett looking shits.)

BoD and Eternal Palace are both pretty good raids, so I like that part. Uldir was so-so.

I've come to dislike Mythic+ as time goes on. Most of the affixes I find to be just annoying, but the weekly cache is too good to not do mythic+ every week, which makes me grumpy.

World Quests are the same as they were in Legion, and I find them totally fine. I don't really mind any of the timegating either. I don't mind that I can't finish everything immediately.

The class gutting didn't bother me. The only gameplay change from BfA that I really hate is the addition of GCD to cooldowns. And I honestly loathe that change. It's the number 1 top of the list of things that I dislike from BfA.

Azerite gear is generally considered to suck, and I don't disagree. I just don't care too much about it to be honest. I'll wear the best gear I can get either way. I don't care too much about it being bland or overcomplicated. Most gear in most videogames basically just raises your stats. I think people are being crybabies when they say their gear is "boring".

I've never really cared about the story in WoW. So it's fine for me.

Oh yeah Island Expeditions and Warfronts are pretty boring. I mostly just don't do them though.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2019-08-18 at 04:58 AM.

I really enjoyed BFA
    What's wrong with you?

8.2 is the best patch in wow history.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only 3%

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

Rated Bgs are fun and competitive at 2k+.

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    Same honestly - it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. There’s always the overly dramatic nay-sayer sheeple kids each expansion, mostly who find their home on this forum, but after a while it’s just easy to ignore them.

Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - Gated grinds are the new normal
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game
    Don't forget:

- They ruined the game's loot system
    - Warmode is a failure
    - "Catchup" gear is better than mythic raid gear
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Mythics aren't good, too much trash and too much of it can't be CCed.

Jaina fight was stupid, BoD was decent. Eternal Palace is okay, a bit on the easy side.

World PVP is fun for about 10 minutes, then dries up very quickly.

The story is very stupid. It's too fragmented and I don't care to try and keep up with it, I just care about the Old God stuff.

Rated BGs are only fun and competitive at 2k? Okay, that was a pointless post.

How come I can give reasoning but you can't? What kind of statement is "Mythics are good"? Oxygen is good too? Why all the hate for winds?
    have u not seen the dmg that a sharknado can do?

Story telling is good in BFA, the story is not.

I also didn't like most of the zones, since legion most zones felt compact, I liked WoD zones, they were wide and interesting.

I also hated gating behind rep, specially when it comes to flying, they mad us wait till the second patch and then ask us to grind through the patch for over a month to fly, that's too much!

Raiding is good, but outdoor content is not really good, yes there are many things to do, but the doesn't mean that they are all good.

For me, when I dislike the story I find it hard to like the expansion as whole.

I hope all Faction war shit is done forever after BFA!
    Last edited by KSM899; 2019-08-18 at 05:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything aside from the story point is subjective. I honestly think BfA's only massive and glaring flaw is the story direction. But that's what happens when you hire Christie Golden.
    Main storylines were decided well before Golden was hired. As far as I know, Afrasiabi is still in charge of story direction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Main storylines were decided well before Golden was hired. As far as I know, Afrasiabi is still in charge of story direction.
    I like Golden, I think she will improve the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    How is liking a story yes/no not subjective? Just because you agree doesn't mean that it is objective. I for one like the storyline.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    BoD and Eternal Palace are both pretty good raids, so I like that part. Uldir was so-so.

I've come to dislike Mythic+ as time goes on. Most of the affixes I find to be just annoying, but the weekly cache is too good to not do mythic+ every week, which makes me grumpy.

World Quests are the same as they were in Legion, and I find them totally fine. I don't really mind any of the timegating either. I don't mind that I can't finish everything immediately.

The class gutting didn't bother me. The only gameplay change from BfA that I really hate is the addition of GCD to cooldowns. And I honestly loathe that change. It's the number 1 top of the list of things that I dislike from BfA.

Azerite gear is generally considered to suck, and I don't disagree. I just don't care too much about it to be honest. I'll wear the best gear I can get either way. I don't care too much about it being bland or overcomplicated. Most gear in most videogames basically just raises your stats. I think people are being crybabies when they say their gear is "boring".

I've never really cared about the story in WoW. So it's fine for me.

Oh yeah Island Expeditions and Warfronts are pretty boring. I mostly just don't do them though.
    Oh wait no, I just couldn't let that pass. World quests are not the same as they were in Legion. Two things: first of all they can be completely and totally ignored. As opposed to legion where you had to do emissaries as they were source of legendaries. Second: Now they are waste of time for someone geared up to the teeth - and that's how it's suppose to be. There is literally no world quest worth my time as there are multiple better faster and more efficient options.

And with azerite gear? Well, massive improvement over tier sets, no need to pug HC to get them for your alts just to play some M+.