Poll: Which zone design is better?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Give it to Mechagon only cause something I pictured to be amazing and built up since classic was a let down. I know it was just reused assets from Aszuna but feeling like they could have done better.

I strongly dislike both. Mechagon is the exact same as Tanaan Jungle except you get something to build.

Nazjatar is the unholiest of all terribad places Blizz has ever shat out their gaping ass. Enough of this fucking catch up gear cancer. Also, what in the fuck is with the art team and refusing to have given one of the most iconic and unique places the same colour palate as the broken shore?

I like Nazjatar dailies WAY MORE than Mechagon.

However I do despise the fathom ray killing for meat quests.

Leylines and Bejeweled is fun

Mechagon without a doubt.

Nazjatar is awful. Not as bad as Argus though, still really bad. Maybe flying makes it better but... I can't bother with getting it just to make Nazjatar better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    These zones are literally "More of what we've had since TBC with a different coat of paint". Its always been the same thing, you were just too blind or stupid to see it.
    I don't know. Why felt Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle so much better? I mean compared to Argus and Nazjatar those MoP zones were great.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It took a while before it clicked (new zones always do for me it seems), but I'm really digging Mechagon. It's small enough to easily do a few things, even when limited in time, but big enough for there to be plenty to do. Even the rare spawn timers aren't that bad. Nazjatar feels like it requires a bigger investment.

Nazjatar by far. There is at least a story development, also Azshara show ups here and there were quite amusing.
    Mechagon is too gimmicky for me, and daily quests for 75 rep each is way too small amount.

Design as in visuals? Don't really care. Design as in gameplay...really torn about it. In the beginning I preferred Mechagon a lot, because it's way more sandbox-y and had interesting stuff to do, but as time passed by, Nazjatar has grown on me too. Plus once we get to the final stages of both of those zones, Nazjatar is a bit more fair to complete (for completionists, not people who just buy benthic and leave). Mechagon relies heavily on RNG to complete the meta achievement, and while Nazjatar takes longer in most cases and I already have [Mecha Done], going to Mechagon every day just to kill Steel Singer and do Rig HM for like 5% chance on the vinyl drop lowered my opinion about Mechagon a bit.

But overall I guess I liked them both. I don't remember being so invested in current content for such a long time in the recent history of WoW. I usually collect and farm old stuff. Patch 8.2 is very solid

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'll be honest, after about 1 day of play for each zone I'm kinda bored lol. I just don't see myself getting Revered with either faction for flying tbh.
    You're just trying very hard to dislike the game aren't you
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-21 at 07:35 AM.

Mechagon is kind of boring. I mean the zone as a whole. I get it, it's popular, because it is a big loot piñata, but that's all there is to it.
    Nazjatar could be much better, but it feels like it was intentionally designed to punish you if you don't have pathfinder, so I really hated it during the first weeks or months.

So meh. I cant really choose.

Mechagon. I think Nazjatar just has too much of a messy layout.

15+ Year Old Account
    If only Mechagon was the size of Nazjatar

Rather do naz cause of the gear there and the followers are okay. Mech, I find really boring plus hate gnomes..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously Nazjatar. Mechagon is filling your bags with shit all the time, it drives me nuts. Besides, most of those quests there are super time consuming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Obviously Nazjatar. Mechagon is filling your bags with shit all the time, it drives me nuts. Besides, most of those quests there are super time consuming.
    I don't mind spending time playing the game... I got the vendor mount so bag-space ain't an issue.

I don't really like both that much, if I had to pick the better one its probably Mechagon. Nazjatar was a huge pain to navigate without flying, and for a zone that has so much lore and hype behind it I felt letdown by how the aethestics turned out. I expected Nazjatar to look like an Atlantis-esque giant city with an unique night elf/naga mixed architecture. The raid looks pretty good and I wished they used more of its aethestics for the actual zone, which feels so barren in comparison. I'm still dissapointed that the actual zone doesn't take place underwater with some beautiful vibrant colors like in Vashj'ir.

Mechagon is more fun overall but its a rather small island with some very long and tedious quests. At least they tried to experiment more rather than going for the same boring daily WQ grind in Nazjatar. The new gnome stuff is pretty good. The zone itself could look better than just being a huge junkyard, maybe more closer to the dungeon from the dungeon inside. Also having all these different mats taking space in your bag is really annoying.

I'd take zones like Quel'danas and Isle of Thunder over these any day.