Hi all,

Today I'm trying something different and bringing you a game recommendation for a shooter game (and in case anyone is wondering, no I'm not sponsored by them and this isn't my game).

World of Tanks: Blitz

World of Tanks Blitz is a tank shooter game which can be played in both 3rd and 1st person (mainly 3rd). It allows you to control a tank and get into some pretty insane battles with other tanks. It features 6v6 combat.

What makes the game interesting is its progression element. There are a wide array of countries to choose from: USA, Japan, China, UK, Germany, etc. Each country has a massive 'skill tree' for all of their tanks. In this skill tree, there are a variety of different tank types: light tanks, heavy tanks, artillery, tank destroyers (kind of like tank snipers), medium tanks, etc.

Once you set your sights on a tank you want, you can work on unlocking all of the other tanks which lead up to that path (but don't worry, there's fun tanks along the way).

I'll admit, the game is a little grindy and does push you towards microtransactions, however, it doesn't feel that grindy because you're having a lot of fun playing the battles, and you can unlock the later tanks with enough battles.

I know a lot of you are World of Warcraft players, so something which might appeal to you is that it's actually quite skill based too. At higher level play you have to know the weak spots of the tanks in order to penetrate their armour or your shot will bounce off, and you will have to know the maps and common spots, etc. However, if you're a beginner, you won't really feel the toughness of the learning curve, you can just hop into a battle and play!

Ultimately, World of Tanks Blitz is an extremely fun game to play and is actually my current favourite shooter (alongside PUBG Mobile, but let's be honest, everyone knows PUBG). Hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield!