Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can we just collectively agree not to respond to Mace's threads?

Ya'll got baited hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Safety precaution I'd wager. Remove all void from the land, as they don't know its radius of effect. And in case void elves lose it and start killing people around them. Alliance doesn't seem as worried, though there is some wariness sensed in Stormwind (which may not amount to more than fear of the void).
    The smart move would have been to put Umbric under some kind of containment field and let him do his research in peace. If he succeeds in finding a solution to the Void, then his knowledge would help Quel'thalas. If he fails and loses his sanity, they can just kill him. Instead Rommath decides to just exile him without giving him a chance. I think that Umbric will indeed find a way to combat the Void, but his knowledge will be shared only with the Alliance, and Quel'thalas will suffer because of it. This way, there are consequences to Rommath's short-sightedness.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-22 at 12:16 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blood elves never fed on demons. They absorbed mana from animals. Which makes high elves militant vegans.

Seriously I don't get where this blood elves suckled fel idea came from. It was never in the stories, the game or Chronicles.

The only time fel was used was one night spell to rebuild Silvermoon. The crystals have been there since the original founding so they're not fel. They absorbed arcane from animals so that's not fel.
    In Warcraft 3, the idea of feeding on demons is first suggested by Vashj. Getting new sources of mana is the prime motive behind Kael's allegiance to Illidan.
    In The Burning Crusade, we learn that Rommath came back to Quel'Thalas to instruct the masses about how to siphon mana and how to join Outland.

Many assumed that the Burning Crystal were brought/creating by him as a source for citizen, which would have also explained the green eyes.
    But text from the first BE quest contradicts it, saying the crystal were always there. (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Burning_Crystal)

Other problem, in MoP Rommath says the fel crystals that were used to enslave demons have been removed from Quel'Thalas. (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fel_crystal)
    Whether these are the same as the Burning Crystals, or if the Burning Crystals were used to enslave demons, is unknown because it cannot be shown until the whole Quel'Thalas area is updated to see what changed over the years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Playable races in WoW with practically no visible children:

Dwarf
    Gnome
    Night Elf
    Troll
    Tauren
    Forsaken
    Void Elf
    Dark Iron
    Highmountain

There are several Troll children in Zuldazar.

We see another Tauren infant in Highmountain.

While not visibile in-game, Moira's child (Bronzebeard-Dark Iron) is still present in Before the Storm

Pretty sure Blizzard didn't want to go and make zombie children for us to kill just like most other games don't show children or they are unattackable. Also, they can simply justify it in not wasting magic in rising weak children as they wouldn't be of use for the Scourge.

Void Elves probably give birth to a tentacle creature since there's no way in the world a baby would resist the Void.
    And Night Elves apparently don't have children often. Either that or they are as impotent as Malfurion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know part of what makes the void elves special is that they aren't reckless nor yielding to the madness of the whispers, however the reason the blood elves are rejecting the void elves is because void studies are reckless...

EXCUSE ME? Blood Elves? Wasn't the whole point of blood elves departing from the safe Quel'dorei/Kaldorei mentality and you know go all out - recklessly even? Wasn't that the whole problem the high elves had with the blood elves when they chose not to join them. And didn't the long vigil night elves banish the high elves because they used arcane magic recklessly (when it was thought to draw the legion to Azeroth)

Aren't the blood elves at the very least doing exactly the same thing the long vigil night elves did to the high elves? Aren't they being a bit hypocritical - what do they do with shadow priests and warlocks? Why are they accepted and not void elves?
    The night elf rejection of void Elves is due to the void Elves effect on the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The smart move would have been to put Umbric under some kind of containment field and let him do his research in peace. If he succeeds in finding a solution to the Void, then his knowledge would help Quel'thalas. If he fails and loses his sanity, they can just kill him. Instead Rommath decides to just exile him without giving him a chance. I think that Umbric will indeed find a way to combat the Void, but his knowledge will be shared only with the Alliance, and Quel'thalas will suffer because of it. This way, there are consequences to Rommath's short-sightedness.
    Hm, yeah, I can agree with that. I like Rommath as a character very much, but he can suffer from tunnel vision when it comes to certain subjects. Lor'themar too, as he made the call.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Hm, yeah, I can agree with that. I like Rommath as a character very much, but he can suffer from tunnel vision when it comes to certain subjects. Lor'themar too, as he made the call.
    I'd say I understand why they freaked out and just exiled Umbric and later on Alleria from the entire kingdom. But in retrospect they really didn't gain anything from exiling them. They just pushed them towards the Alliance. And that was not a cunning move, especially when you consider the fact that the Void Lords are the new big bad with Sargeras gone, and Alleria/Umbric are like Illidan. Whoever has them on their side would have a great advantage.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

They are part of the Horde and support, a maniacal mass-murdering undead.

Why would you expect them to be fair and honest?

Quote Originally Posted by Neenaw View Post
    They are part of the Horde and support, a maniacal mass-murdering undead.

Why would you expect them to be fair and honest?
    The funny thing is that they shun Umbric for doing research on Drathir's studies… and yet are fine following Sylvanas, who has been adopting Scourge tactics since Classic (the plague).

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They didn't get shoe horned. They were on their way since wc3 had the Alliance leader pushed them out story line. Just because tolkein had elves and humans bffs doesn't mean its default and deviation is a shoe horn.
    They were put into the Horde to allow the Horde side to have at least one race that wasn't butt ugly. In fact originally it was going to be Ogres and High Elves, with High Elves in the Alliance and Ogres in the Horde, but market testing made them come up with a reason to make them in the Horde.

Blood Elves was also originally just the immediate army following Kael'Thas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

What the void elves are doing is reckless in at least two ways. For one, it's a constant struggle to maintain their sanity. Compare with male Aes Sedai/Asha'man from the Wheel of Time (before Saidin was cleansed). Somewhat different in principle to void elves, but both are essentially ticking timebombs.
    Oh yeah, reminds me of the male Aes Sedai.. good point..

Btw, there is a series coming out.. I was very excited at first...u ntil they marketed it as "female driven" - and I'm like WTF? I mean, the book was a poster child for equal representation and value in both men and women..

Rebranding and er-writing it as a fem thing .. as a male I'm like WHAT THE HELL? WHY? What's wrong with how it was written? I hate socio-political agendas of todays world with a passion, they're ruining everything, they were meant to make things better, but have massively failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Also, Void elves are the single most immature species of elfdom. Dwelling in forbidden magic and going back to their human boyfriends as an abusive relationship victim
    TBF this is what belfies were about to do in MoP.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they learned from their mistakes?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    This doesn't prove that high elf children exist.
    True, but it also infers that there's no proof they don't.

There are several Troll children in Zuldazar.
    All Zandalari. I should have specified that I meant the OG playable Trolls, aka the Darkspear tribe.
    We see another Tauren infant in Highmountain.
    Moozy? Well, yeah, that's one baby. Afaik there is no Tauren child model.
    While not visibile in-game, Moira's child (Bronzebeard-Dark Iron) is still present in Before the Storm
    This is true, but he's a half-breed, so to speak. He's also pretty much the only baby/child Dwarf we've ever seen, which is my point.
    Last edited by EbonBehelit-; 2019-08-23 at 09:08 AM.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The funny thing is that they shun Umbric for doing research on Drathir's studies… and yet are fine following Sylvanas, who has been adopting Scourge tactics since Classic (the plague).
    Precisely!

Their fair appearance and confidence belies their dishonourable nature and complete lack of integrity.

They're all basically c***s!!

Precisely!

Their fair appearance and confidence belies their dishonourable nature and complete lack of integrity.

Which is the theme Blizzard chose for them in The Burning Crusade, if I am not mistaken. Fair and elegant on the outside, fucked up and chaotic on the inside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    All Zandalari. I should have specified that I meant the OG playable Trolls, aka the Darkspear tribe.
    There's a Darkspear baby in Outland I think. Other than that, other troll children probably look similar to the ones in zandalar, minus the glowy eyes and their... scales
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Precisely!

That's b/s, like every person, even elves sometimes have a bad day, adn sometimes don't react in the usual noble and great ways people react.

If you had been traumatized by a genocide event, it would change your people, and they might go a bit extreme, but it wasn't for long. Blood elves aren't dishonourable. it's not how blizzard paints them after TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    That's b/s, like every person, even elves sometimes have a bad day, adn sometimes don't react in the usual noble and great ways people react.

If you had been traumatized by a genocide event, it would change your people, and they might go a bit extreme, but it wasn't for long. Blood elves aren't dishonourable. it's not how blizzard paints them after TBC.
    Right, right. And for some reason that excuse can't be used to justify Umbric's actions. Nope, he is a filthy traitor, because "muh Sunwell" that isn't even in Silvermoon in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Blood elves act like they weren’t fel addicts or arcane addicts in recent years.

They Enslaved a naru briefly. Pretty bad if you ask me.
    They're trying to move past it, so they distance themselves from acts that could be percieved as similar, and a source of power that is very fucking dangerous, nearly fucked up shit again because Alleria had a visit, intent or not. It makes sense.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2019-08-24 at 05:31 PM.