Lightbulb Help me upgrade my ancient PC

So yeah I'm a bit ouf of form when it comes to PC's. Last time I did build something is my current PC so I have no idea what should I upgrade first, I'm a bit on a limited budget as I just moved into new home and I'd like to do some stress free time by playing games... Currently I'm just playing classic WoW but I'd like to play some more demanding games such as PUBG.

Anyways my current PC:

CPU i5 4570 3.20 Ghz
    GPU GTX 770
    16 GB dd3 lowest of the low
    SSD samsung 250 GB (only upgrade I did lately)
    Windows 10 64bit
    So do you think I should go for GPU first?

Suggestions?

That actually isnt that bad of a rig, a gtx 770 is just as fast as a 1050ti. Your CPU while only 4 cores is also just as fast as recent AMD hardware for games, namely between something like a ryzen 5 1600/2600. I wouldnt touch anything unless you felt it was performing poorly, and if it was a OS reinstall would be my first suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you want.. I wouldn't really say you need to upgrade it unless you're having trouble running what you need it to run..

No, 4570 is nowhere near 1600,its even worse than 2200g, but i'd start on a gpu, depending on a budget, used 1070 would be a big upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    No, 4570 is nowhere near 1600,its even worse than 2200g, but i'd start on a gpu, depending on a budget, used 1070 would be a big upgrade
    There are only a handful of games that would run moderately faster on first gen ryzen 5 than a i5 haswell.

Your claim of a 4570 being slower than a 2200g is way off:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLRfhnHcx4

His CPU is quite capable still in 2019, again i would only recommend he go to ryzen if he plays one of the games that demands more than 4 threads, none of which he listed in his original post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    There are only a handful of games that would run moderately faster on first gen ryzen 5 than a i5 haswell.

His CPU is quite capable still in 2019, again i would only recommend he go to ryzen if he plays one of the games that demands more than 4 threads, none of which he listed in his original post.
    Not sure PUBG works very well on a 4 core CPU, although I admit it's only a gut feeling I have as I've never bothered looking into what that game demands.

Anyways, the main limiting factor in that PC is the GPU. A GTX 770 isn't nearly enough for any modern games since they only had 2GB VRAM (There were 4GB versions as well but they weren't nearly as common as the 2GB versions, the 4GB version could probably still play games on 1080p low-medium).
    I had a 2GB GTX 770 a few years ago and it struggled mightily in some games back then due to its limited VRAM even at 1080p. I remember Battlefield 1 was a pretty terrible experience with the constant spikes in frame times.

@Indartu My suggestion is to get a new GPU, I suggest a RX 570, GTX 1660, Vega 56, RX 5700 depending on regional pricing and your budget.

Pretty sure PUBG is just poorly optimised, so even with very high end hardware, it still runs awful from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Pretty sure PUBG is just poorly optimised, so even with very high end hardware, it still runs awful from what I've seen.
    Nothing to do with optimization, everything to do with the 4-bajillion draw calls choking the CPU. Same reason WoW and every other MMO chokes when there are lots of players on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

1200 does not equal 2200g, 1300x is about right

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    1200 does not equal 2200g, 1300x is about right
    Yes but if you noticed the haswell being tested in the video is a 4460, 4590 is clocked a fair bit higher.