WoW feels like it was architected to be annoying

And the only real reason to play is to chase cosmetics or gear upgrades. I decided to try DF for a month and I was greeted with regular mobs stunning me constantly, sparse gear drops in dungeons, character getting stuck on random jagged edges in the environment, annoying players that will kick you for any old reason in mythics, and a general clusterfuck of annoyance. I play games to have fun, not to chase cosmetic items. Classic was very grindy, and yet it was still less annoying for some reason. DF has some nice zones and dragonflying is good, but I think the moment to moment gameplay is just really bad.

Your post is a bit confusing tbh, because the game was always about cosmetics and getting upgrades. That's literally the bread and butter of an MMO.

The only real difference is that the grind has shifted. Its become more seasonal and progression feels more arbitrary. In that sense, I can understand finding the core gameplay loop unrewarding or not engaging. But much of what you listed has always existed in the game.

Wotlk seems to be more your taste, just roll mage and channel blizzard for 8 seconds ad infinitum and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Wotlk seems to be more your taste, just roll mage and channel blizzard for 8 seconds ad infinitum and you'll be fine.
    He's right, and there's no kick player button
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

People aren't going to randomly kick you for no reason in mythics because they can't just replace people with a click of a button like in normal/heroic. Only reason you'd get kicked from mythics regularly is if you're ruining the run for everyone else. So, that's definitely a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    People aren't going to randomly kick you for no reason in mythics because they can't just replace people with a click of a button like in normal/heroic. Only reason you'd get kicked from mythics regularly is if you're ruining the run for everyone else. So, that's definitely a you problem.
    This, or it's suspicious but not necessarily impossible repeated bad luck.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.