Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shadowlands: Who'd you like to meet and return back with

So if we did go to the shadowlands, meeting a some dead heroes, and villains, who'd you like to see return.

Favourites include:

Arthas
    Kael'thas
    Queen Azshara
    Fandral Staghelm
    Anduin Lothar
    Ogrim Doomhammer
    Varian Wyrnn
    Lady Vahj
    Ysera
    Vol'jin, Sen'jin
    Krasus
    Rhonin
    Sylvanas
    The Farondis
    Medivh
    Daelin & Derek Proudmore
    MU or AU Gul'dan
    Hellscream MU
    Cairne Bloodhoof
    Zul'jin

I know orcs go to the shadowlands, but do Draenei?

For me the most interesting candidates to see return would be:

1. Sylvanas returning as her orginal self - this would be interesting to see how she proceeds - as a high elf? blood elf? outcast

2. Arthas returning - villain or hero? or just a guy everyone is hunting to put down again?

3. Kael'thas returning - as a leader or as a chump?

4. The Farondis - rejuvenation of the ngiht elves?

5. Krasus - Alexstrazsa and the red flight
    6. Fandral Staghelm

the foloiwng I would fancy returning
    Rhonin for drama with Vereesa, Ysera, Anduin Lothar

The following I don't particularly care, but would be good
    1. Vol'jin - would be great returning for the darkspears.
    2. Varian - would he become king again?
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-09-05 at 08:35 PM.

Why would Farondis want to live again?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Probably better than being stuck as a ghost?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Isn't Medivh still alive cause we last saw him fly out to the Nether during the end boss of Upper KZ? Also keep Arthas dead no need to re use the villain that was actually threatening.

Gul'dan as a hero with a redemption storyline and lead to lightborn orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Really? You have to ask that? - if you have been stuck as a ghost, with no way of return, you hope for oblivion, but if you have a way of return you would grab it. I don't get people who think that the Farondis would give up a chance of life, they totally don't get them. they are not depressed, fatalistic people, they only yearn for release from the curse, and if living again is impossible or they wouldn't do so at any cost, then oblivion os what they would prefer than that cursed state. However if Elune gave them chance to live again, everyone would take it.. they have living relatives, loved ones and their actual ives were wrongly ended. They would have to be seriously messed up like the forsaken.. but even they would give up death for real life.

I think they would be the more intersesting question, do you think any forsaken wouldn't want to return to life again? sylvanas is afraid of oblivion. So I guess even they, twisted as they are would want to live again.

I couldn't think of more lore characters, only the ones that quickly sprung to mind...

I wonder if everyone since Wc3 who died would return to life? That would be an interesting reaction.. hmm.. why not say WC1 - that 'd be interesting.. or it goes everyone within living memory of all who are alive in the real world get a chance to return.

Your list is sorely missing some Zul'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Isn't Medivh still alive cause we last saw him fly out to the Nether during the end boss of Upper KZ? Also keep Arthas dead no need to re use the villain that was actually threatening.
    Can someone answer this? I haven't known whether Medivh is still alive since Karazhan in Legion. He's died and come back ore re-appeared more than Onyxia.

As few people as possible because death is already fairly meaningless in this world.

But honestly I want to at least see Kael'thas for the inevitable "DEATH WAS MERELY A SETBACK!" memes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Can someone answer this? I haven't known whether Medivh is still alive since Karazhan in Legion. He's died and come back ore re-appeared more than Onyxia.
    Last we saw him..

WCIII: "taking his place among the legends of the past" or whatever as he just walks off.
    fake Medivh: tries to convince Khadgar that it's his disembodied spirit still bound to the tower. Was actually a demon, but it's plausible enough.
    real Medivh: shown in the tower, giving ominously vague advice. Good ol' Medivh.

Arthas is definitely coming back. Last blizzcon mentioned his possible return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    He and Illidan hug it out, only for the elf to rip his head off again.

"They don't call me the betrayer for nothin!"

Next xpac: Wrath of the Titan-Elf

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Ew no. The fun part about his character his how utterly evil he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    He and Illidan hug it out, only for the elf to rip his head off again.

"They don't call me the betrayer for nothin!"

Next xpac: Wrath of the Titan-Elf
    Two skulls, bitch! and he just starts dual-wielding them instead of warglaives.

Thrall's balls, Saurfang's loyalty to the Horde, Lor'themar's political pragmatism and Cairne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Your list is sorely missing some Zul'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Medivh died once in WC1, was brought back prior to WC3, that is all.
    Onyxia was alive, killed in a non-canon classic raid, killed in canon by Varian pre-Wrath, then killed again in another non-canon Wrath raid to celebrate 10 years of Warcraft, I think it was, raised as an undead monstrosity by Nefarian, promptly killed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As few people as possible because death is already fairly meaningless in this world.

But honestly I want to at least see Kael'thas for the inevitable "DEATH WAS MERELY A SETBACK!" memes.

- - - Updated - - -

Last we saw him..

WCIII: "taking his place among the legends of the past" or whatever as he just walks off.
    fake Medivh: tries to convince Khadgar that it's his disembodied spirit still bound to the tower. Was actually a demon, but it's plausible enough.
    real Medivh: shown in the tower, giving ominously vague advice. Good ol' Medivh.

That doesn't answer at all whether he's alive or dead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Medivh died once in WC1, was brought back prior to WC3, that is all.
    Onyxia was alive, killed in a non-canon classic raid, killed in canon by Varian pre-Wrath, then killed again in another non-canon Wrath raid to celebrate 10 years of Warcraft, I think it was, raised as an undead monstrosity by Nefarian, promptly killed again.
    How was he brought back prior to WC3?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Thrall's balls, Saurfang's loyalty to the Horde, Lor'themar's political pragmatism and Cairne.
    Nice list. Have a like.

How was he brought back prior to WC3?
    Aegwynn resurrected him after spending years pooling enough magic to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish this Shadowlands "leak" is a fake because the setting is about on the same level as alternate dimension-timeline Draenor to me. But if it does happen to be real, I hope no one will be brough back from the dead because as some of the posters above have already mentioned it would devaluate the weight of their loss and their sacrifice, regardless of how shoddily their deaths were written in the first place (*cough*Vol'jin*cough*).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aegwynn resurrected him after spending years pooling enough magic to do so.
    Damn, Blizzard needs to start using him more then. Between WoD and Legion I got some serious Khadgar-fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Damn, Blizzard needs to start using him more then. Between WoD and Legion I got some serious Khadgar-fatigue.
    Medivh actually appears in the Return to Karazhan raid in Legion, both in the form of his shade and a projection of his current living self.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Medivh actually appears in the Return to Karazhan raid in Legion, both in the form of his shade and a projection of his current living self.
    I recall that but I thought he was an apparition since it wasn't clarified in the in-game lore (which is where I get 90% of my lore) that he was alive. It's kind of a big deal the Guardian of Tirisfall is alive, the most powerful living mage, and the Kirin Tor isn't discussing it in-game.