Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most of my friends have yet to hit 60, so i'm waiting for them so i can do some dungeons with them.

I also don't have time to play on wednesday and literally every single raiding guild raids wednesday, so i can't join them. The few pugs i've seen have all been "guild gets loot priority" or "x y z is reserved" and i don't wanna waste my time on those.

So atm i'm just waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Farm the little BiS ofcourse?
    And im personally going to try and help low levels being ganked in several zones

This is my project 60 for phase 1...but im only level 49.
    Oh. That does sound like fun

For the same reason I wouldn't go back to a black and white television or daily drive a car from the 70s.

In addition idea of continuing to invest all this time into a game where nothing will be new, ever, is just unappealing. Nothing will be balanced, nothing fixed, the meta is already figured out and will not change. Either play inside it, or be relegated to sucking due to mechanics beyond your control with no hope of salvation.

I thought people would be chill when it came to min-maxing a game over a decade old, but I was mistaken. Seeing SM groups advertised as requiring "BiS" (and only accepting one or two classes) is just ridiculous and the antithesis of what Vanilla was.

I get the nostalgia, and appreciate that some people like it, but I'm just more of an HD/bluetooth in my car sort of dude. It's just not for me. I'm glad I got to experience the first couple weeks with my friends and guild, but beyond that the experience is unappealing due to a lack of longevity and return on my time investment.
    Last edited by Didly; 2019-09-23 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor79 View Post
    I put in about 30 hours on the first week, and nothing after that. I loved it, I always loved vanilla - I just don't see myself having the time to even finish level 60 in a reasonable time frame and put in the effort to gear up.
    This. If I was sure that it will stay put at 60 forever I would take my time, but with my life schedule it would take 6 months to 1 year to ding 60, no sense if after another year or less they’ll release TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Well fortunately for you your arcade beat em up with an endless gear treadmill is still waiting for you.
    Man I love it when people get salty as fuck because someone mentioned why they didn't like classic.

Got to 60 and there's really not much to do until phase 2 comes out. Can only guess that's months off though.

Much as expected, Classic lasted a few days worth of interest and then hit a massive cliff when every single level takes 6-8 hours and changes nothing about my character or the way I play it. Progressing through the tree to get Adrenaline Rush gave some incentive to the mind numbing gameplay but past that, spending an average workday to reap the "reward" of +1% damage to humanoids or +1% crit or +5% evis damage just doesn't cut it anymore. Having raided mythic in Legion/BFA, the Classic raid scene has absolutely zero interest for me, and there's only so many times you can engage in Vanilla's rock/paper/scissors PvP before you get bored to death of that as well.

Everyone who said releasing "WoW 2.0" would be a terrible idea because it would split the fan base and be detrimental to both games was right. I gave Classic a week or two, but as my friends dropped like flies as they realised Classic is essentially empty of content and that they are just retreading what they already did fifteen years ago, I'm now not playing WoW at all, Classic or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've sort of been playing in my spare time. I'm not in any hurry. I've decided I may not finish. It's not like it's personally terrible for me or anything but as others have noted it's pretty easy to skip a few days and realize that you're not really missing anything. It seems to me like it's very easy to walk away from.

Unsurprising except I didn't necessarily expect to feel this way before I had gotten to 40.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have not even started it (IRL issue mostly), but the more I see Classic the less I am inclined to play. Old world quests are pretty much the only thing I am intersted in, but I guess I will just wait until all the competition is gone or Wrath Classic is out
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Didn't quit but right now I only have time to work on Mythic Azshara so my lock is stuck at level 21

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Why did you stop playing classic?
    It was just as bad as BlizzCon Demo and Beta indicated..

But hey, I made it all the way to level2..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Typical mad classic player, stop crying
    How pathetic can you.. like really? You get called out for lying and then retaliate with an even dumber comeback? Jesus fucking christ man.

Feel sorry for you :O
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Quest/zone design in classic is better than retail. Yes, not all zones, but the ideal classic zone is basically, here's a few quests, go wander around a huge area with a sprinkling of mobs and kill the ones you need, exploring the whole zone. Zone has a lot of space in it, and you need that space to fight the mobs who will kick your ass otherwise.

Retail is cluttered, where you do a whole bunch of quests in one area, then a whole bunch in another, and there's no space between the areas, there are mobs absolutely everywhere, and there's no wandering to explore. Oh, and all the quests are easy, and everything is sharded to hell so you don't see many people. It's just shit.

I honestly don't understand how you can argue for a second that retail's game design is better than classic's in that respect.
    Very misinformed.

Firstly, mob density is over the top in classic, too. Not sure why you tried to use this as a distinguishing point because it isn't true.

Secondly, I'm not sure where the substance to this "there's nothing to explore" argument, is. There's just as much to explore in new zones as there is in old. Zones like Zuldazar are actually extremely detailed with a lot of cool locations you could miss.

Thirdly, sharding is a way of regulating zone populations so it would actually ensure that you see more players around by merging shards during underpopulation (as opposed to splitting shards during overpopulation). And you actually do encounter people in the world often because of it; people that might otherwise be on another server and never be seen. Sharding has significant issues but making zones feel empty is not one of them. It actually does the opposite.

There are two things you are right about. Firstly, it is generally easier. A huge part of that, however, is classes just being more capable in BFA. People can view that as a bad thing if they want to but personally I don't like deriving difficulty from deficient, slow classes. Hunters just feel so much more sluggish and restrained in classic v.s. modern WoW and no amount of buzzword-laden spin-doctoring makes that more fun. Secondly modern WoW questing is indeed too linear. This problem is most apparent in Cataclysm content and it is an area where they have been improving. Zuldazar as a zone does a really good job at mixing linear and non-linear objectives.

There are good sides to modern WoW questing, too. One thing is pacing. I feel most pacing discussions focus on the broader view. It is true that in classic it is slower-paced and there is some value to that, however the pace is not consistent. Some quests are done pretty quickly, some quests take a brutally long time and all-to-often that is due to a pathetic drop rate. That's never a good feeling, especially when they generally give the same rewards. It's far more consistent in modern WoW even if it is too quick over all (another area that has been improving lately).

So that's why people can argue that retail's quest design is better. It's better at some things, worse at others, but ultimately it comes down to how much value you place in each aspect. Personally I find it far more tolerable and enjoyable to quest in modern WoW but that doesn't mean I don't derive any value from Classic WoW's approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Quest/zone design in classic is better than retail. Yes, not all zones, but the ideal classic zone is basically, here's a few quests, go wander around a huge area with a sprinkling of mobs and kill the ones you need, exploring the whole zone.
    Picking up maybe 6 quests in a zone and being able to complete 4 of them because the others have mobs that are unkillable at your level. And when those quests are done, you of course didn't get enough XP to level up. So either you grind mobs, or you run (the first time at least) on foot, to another zone where MAYBE you will have enough quests to get a level so that you can then go back to the original zone and finish those quests off.

Bouncing between zones every 4 quests isn't good game design. If the quests are part of a chain then sure, do the zone switching, but when 99% of the time you are forced to switch because of a lack of XP it's just shit. If there were more flight paths, or fuck, hearthstone on a shorter CD then perhaps it wouldn't be as mind numbingly tedious. I'm at the stage where I'm completing quests in a zone, and then am left with either fighting orange mobs as a rogue (miss miss miss miss btw) or hearth-stoning/flying for the chance to walk to do another three or four quests which likely won't get me a level yet again.

Don't give me this horseshit about quest and zone design being better when over 60% of your time is spent walking to even get to quests. And then you have drop rates, yesterday I killed murlocs for 50 minutes to get 12 heads to drop, the turtle meat quest in hillsbrad took ages, and I can't wait for blasted lands boars that don't have lungs.

Looking back it's amazing how I managed to put up with it the first time.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Stopped to give FF a try, now i'm subbed and havent touched wow in 2 weeks.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I quit cus i go play low pop server hit 60 and only thing to do is farming gold. Impossible to find group for dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    I have a priest 38 and I just quit. I started in MoP and always stopped playing mid expansion to come back to the next after MoP.

I always hated the leveling part as I am only interested in the end-game and the challenging content. The more I read about Classic, the more it felt that the game wasn't for me. As a mythic raider, the challenging content would come at the end of the tiers with Naxx and AQ40 (apparently). I read too many times that the challenge in Classic raid was to get 40 people whom are not complete noobs.

The leveling in Classic was okay but not enough to keep me motivated. It is a cool game though, it is just not for me.

I started playing BfA again. Even if the endgame stuff (Azerite, WQ, ...) is shit, I'll have fun in Mythic Raids or M+. For the moment, I am continuing the war campaign and working on pathfinder. I am waiting for Blizzcon and the next expansion to see if I will invest more time in the game or if I'll just wait the next expansion.

Good luck in Classic guys.
    If you're looking for mythic raiding level challenge you won't find it in classic. Raiding is just very easy to easy at its hardest.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who are going to quit:

1). Don't care about Warcraft that much to begin with
    2). Burnt out of the game because they played through every single expansion
    3). Not really attached to any of the classes
    4). Wasn't planning on PVP, doesn't care about PVP, avoiding PVP, sucks at PVP
    5). Bad levelers. Self explanatory.
    6). People who just don't have time for this anymore.

If you aren't invested, you aren't invested. If you suck, you suck. Not a big deal.
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-09-24 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    I quit cus i go play low pop server hit 60 and only thing to do is farming gold. Impossible to find group for dungeons
    I was on AD US and it was like that. You waited hours for a dungeon group. I was fortunate to be part of a group that raided MC/Ony for 6 months.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

No people to do elite quest and those stupid cleave groups to dungeons
    Last edited by vipers; 2019-09-24 at 04:47 AM.