Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I been reading and hearing and listening for 12 years how difficult Vanilla was. First pull and full clear and not even a full group of level 60's, what a Joke!!! From the leveling I have done so far, it does not feel much different from when I first leveled my hunter in BC. Yet people are already getting bored and burnout at level 15 and 20. Vanilla at least this Classic version of it feels a bit more tedious in places, but not more difficult. I don't feel I missed much from what I have played of Classic so far in last couple of days. A grind is a grind is a grind, no matter the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but it is .

there was nothing in classic but raiding.

and raid just went down .

you dont have mounts/ pets / transmog to collect . you dont have arenas to compete.

all you have is raiding.

Right that's a no then.

The level of willful obtuseness on display here is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    Right that's a no then.
    hes not wrong. classic is inherently an empty game. it was designed to cater to the masses which means its wide and shallow. theres nothing to do once youve finished your goals in vanilla wow.

People who think Vanilla was easy because a guild could clear the first Raid in a week with patch 1.12 are delusional...

Patch 1.1 and 1.12 are night and day difference in terms of class and itemization strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Didnt several people say Method players were better than every private server player combined?
    Im confused.
    they are

the chalenge wasnt raid

the chalenge was getting to 58-60 level due to idiotic slow grind called leveling back then

Quote Originally Posted by Electryon View Post
    It's amazing how the fact that a game has had a decade and a half to be dissected is somehow seen as some fundamental flaw of it's game design rather than the obvious result of ANY game having it's every nook and cranny gone over with a fine-tooth comb for 15 fucking years. People have beaten the Dark Souls Trilogy without taking any hits as well. Is the lesson here that they should have made it harder so the .00001% of the people who play it didn't find it too easy?? Molten Core was literally designed by two guys in one week. That is how long they took to MAKE it to get it into the game at launch.
    Are you done turning into a corn cob yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m just happy to see sponsored WoW guilds being shown to suck hard when it comes to Classic.

That week long Method stream of SM and ZF is a complete joke in the face of what p-server players have done.

They can say they weren’t trying but this was a huge event for Blizzard and WoW players. I would say it isn’t quite on level with a new expansion but far more so than a raid tier.

Now they are known for showing 5 man dungeons while being left in the dust.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    People who think Vanilla was easy because a guild could clear the first Raid in a week with patch 1.12 are delusional...

Patch 1.1 and 1.12 are night and day difference in terms of class and itemization strength.
    ohhhh vanilla is hard but blizzard made it so we get the super easy nerfed version. curse you blizzard for ruining classic!

/s

or in otherwords, move the goalposts more, fam

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how the fact that a game has had a decade and a half to be dissected is somehow seen as some fundamental flaw of it's game design rather than the obvious result of ANY game having it's every nook and cranny gone over with a fine-tooth comb for 15 fucking years. People have beaten the Dark Souls Trilogy without taking any hits as well. Is the lesson here that they should have made it harder so the .00001% of the people who play it didn't find it too easy?? Molten Core was literally designed by two guys in one week. That is how long they took to MAKE it to get it into the game at launch.
    I believe some people just don't get this.

No matter how hard the game is, there will always be someone who speedruns it after a lot of practice.

Then......don't play it?? If Vanilla was an empty experience, you wouldn't be seeing a turnout for it's launch that is nearly an unprecedented event in the history of gaming. A relaunch of a 15-year old game that becomes the biggest event of the summer in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ohhhh vanilla is hard but blizzard made it so we get the super easy nerfed version. curse you blizzard for ruining classic!

/s

or in otherwords, move the goalposts more, fam
    No, more like compare to the actual content patch 1.12 was meant for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

The level of willful obtuseness on display here is staggering.
    Its seems, by this posters, that "vanilla raiding is harder than retail" was at some point in time a common argument.

Who said this?
    Is a mistery unsolved

Its a conspiracy theory! All the youtube videos saying "vanilla raiding was harder than retail" were deleted!

But we must not speak of this friend, or we shall be put in a mental facility. This shall remain a mistery.

Lol its MC, most of the 5 man dungeons have harder mechanics. If anything it is skill over a gear check.

MC and BWL were hard because as a player base we hadn't matured. Now most people could do that in their sleep. The only Vanilla raid that would still hold some real difficulty would be original Naxx I would guess.

If people are having fun awesome...but don't think for a moment that MC was going to be some sort of golden chalice blocker. It was going down week 1 almost guaranteed. It is a chump raid only difficult within the time it was present.

Always remember games are heavily influenced WHEN they were relevant; as the gaming community matures. Super Mario Brothers on NES is not nearly as difficult now as it was (and it was never a difficult game) when it was released, because platform gamers have matured well beyond it. MMO players are well past Vanilla WoW.

If folks are having fun and Blizz is making money more power to everyone; but lets not kid ourselves on oh noes MC. LOL.

The issue is people are playing MC with buffs and abilities designed for Naxx. People talked about this a lot months ago when Blizzard said they werent retuning the raids to account for all the buffs that were not present in original MC.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

hes not wrong. classic is inherently an empty game. it was designed to cater to the masses which means its wide and shallow. theres nothing to do once youve finished your goals in vanilla wow.
    ? again have you played wow at all?

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    ? again have you played wow at all?
    "people who disagree with me are wrong because i say so"

classic mmo-c

This entire thread is exhibit A of why gamer culture has become such unmitigated trash. Where the only things that matter are difficulty and speed and what jack-ass personality playing the game on Twitch before moving on to the next craze. Here's something to chew on. Baldur's Gate is universally recognized as one of the great CRPGs of all-time, and is also universally recognized as being very difficult......the FIRST time you play it. Every subsequent run-through is much easier. People can beat it even with extreme tactics mods without dying. Does this mean Baldur's Gate is empty, or broken, or badly designed?? No, it means it was made by humans and like ALL video games, it operates under a basic set of rules and parameters. And once those rules and parameters are studied, resourceful people figure out how to use what the game gives them to make what is by all rights a very difficult experience into something trivial. But I wouldn't expect anyone raised on Call of Duty, League of Legends, and Fortnite to understand these concepts.

Moreover, those declaring Classic WoW "dead" because of bunch of people who have been playing for 20 hours a day for most of the last week cleared Ragnaros is like saying no one should play pick-up basketball at the YMCA because Lebron James and Kevin Durant are better at it. What a stupid argument.
    Last edited by Electryon; 2019-09-01 at 02:45 AM.

"people who disagree with me are wrong because i say so"

classic mmo-c
    alright then genius, if classic is an empty game why were millions drawn to it? and kept growing

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I’m just happy to see sponsored WoW guilds being shown to suck hard when it comes to Classic.

That week long Method stream of SM and ZF is a complete joke in the face of what p-server players have done.

They can say they weren’t trying but this was a huge event for Blizzard and WoW players. I would say it isn’t quite on level with a new expansion but far more so than a raid tier.

Now they are known for showing 5 man dungeons while being left in the dust.
    This super wasn't a huge event. This was a silly event. This whole race to world first classic crap is ridiculous.