View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Then you must not have much experience. The only people who ever did that in vanilla were shitlisted and never got groups. That or you're just trying to be funny.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.
    lol ok but without the group you likely wouldnt have access to that locked chest so nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    It's not selfish at all. I ran an instance the other day and a BS decided to open the locked chest and told everyone to roll on it, I was rather surprised. Locked chests have always gone to the person capable of opening it in my experience. If multiple people can open it, then they roll on it. It really is just the logic of: If the person who can open it weren't there it'd stay closed, and I would still clear the instance. The "If they weren't in the group they'd never make it to the chest" is faulty logic, as you were going to clear the instance regardless of that chest's existence.

I'm playing a Shaman with Herbalist and Alchemy. I take turns picking herbs with other herbalists in the group, and if there are none I herb for myself only.
    You obviously haven't read the rest of this thread. The majority of people agree that the person who opened the chest laying claim to everything in the chest is shitty behavior and is the quickest way to get kicked from a group. Just because YOU are ok with it doesn't make it any less selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You obviously haven't read the rest of this thread. The majority of people agree that the person who opened the chest laying claim to everything in the chest is shitty behavior and is the quickest way to get kicked from a group. Just because YOU are ok with it doesn't make it any less selfish.
    It's been this way forever, the only difference now is people are greedy because they want a chance at drops to help fund their mounts. The fact remains that chest would go unopened if they weren't there. It's their choice.

It's not selfish at all. I ran an instance the other day and a BS decided to open the locked chest and told everyone to roll on it, I was rather surprised. Locked chests have always gone to the person capable of opening it in my experience. If multiple people can open it, then they roll on it. It really is just the logic of: If the person who can open it weren't there it'd stay closed, and I would still clear the instance. The "If they weren't in the group they'd never make it to the chest" is faulty logic, as you were going to clear the instance regardless of that chest's existence.

I'm playing a Shaman with Herbalism and Alchemy. I take turns picking herbs with other herbalists in the group, and if there are none I herb for myself only.
    Professions are different than class skills ... specifically, with your logic, you aren't entitled to buffs, heals, summons, water, etc either.

I guess if a rogue wants to act like that, I'll just let him aggro and die over and over and then say "well you know, you're not entitled to my tanking/healing" and then tell him "yeah we can four man this, we don't owe you anything" while he lays on the floor dead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm playing a Shaman with Herbalism and Alchemy. I take turns picking herbs with other herbalists in the group, and if there are none I herb for myself only.
    its not faulty logic, the chest has nothing to do with the dungeon but if it can be opened then it should be rolled on because the rogue isnt getting to the chest and opening it on their own its a group effort.

It's been this way forever, the only difference now is people are greedy because they want a chance at drops to help fund their mounts. The fact remains that chest would go unopened if they weren't there. It's their choice.
    Ok and it's the rest of the party's choice to let everyone on the server know just how shitty their actions are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok and it's the rest of the party's choice to let everyone on the server know just how shitty their actions are.
    N-n-n-o!

My actions are supposed to consequence free! Blizzard gave me LFG so I don't have to worry about my reputation.

/sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Everyone can roll on the lockbox.

Locked chests are rogue property.
    I play a rogue and call bullshit on this. Generally the group rolls and I unlock the chest for the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Professions are different than class skills ... specifically, with your logic, you aren't entitled to buffs, heals, summons, water, etc either.

I guess if a rogue wants to act like that, I'll just let him aggro and die over and over and then say "well you know, you're not entitled to my tanking/healing" and then tell him "yeah we can four man this, we don't owe you anything" while he lays on the floor dead.
    Literally the dumbest argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its not faulty logic, the chest has nothing to do with the dungeon but if it can be opened then it should be rolled on because the rogue isnt getting to the chest and opening it on their own its a group effort.
    It absolutely is faulty logic. That chest would not open if they were not there, it would be a piece of scenery plain and simple. "Well they wouldn't make ti there if it weren't for the rest of the group!", cool but you would have ran the instance anyways, the locked chest is simply a perk.

Again, I say locked chest are up to the Rogue or Person opening it. If they want to keep it fine, if they want people to roll on it, cool good person move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    N-n-n-o!

My actions are supposed to consequence free! Blizzard gave me LFG so I don't have to worry about my reputation.

/sarcasm.
    I feel like rogues being assholes about chests are why a need/greed window pops up for the gear in the chest in retail.

When I played in Vanilla you were considered a ninja of you opened a chest unless you won a roll (that goes for locked chests that only rogues can open and the unlocked chests that everyone can open).

Even disenchant mats were rolled on if there was a disenchanter. As I remember it, any unneeded loot would be taken by the enchanter in the group, they'd disenchant it all, everyone would roll and the winner would get all the shards.

Some people say "well if the rogue wasn't there you couldn't open it anyway so the rogue should be able to roll need". The counter argument to that is that the rogue probably wouldn't be getting to the chest to open it without the group. Of course it may be possible with stealth but there are normally mobs nearby and you can't cc everything while you unlock the chests....

Literally the dumbest argument.

It absolutely is faulty logic. That chest would not open if they were not there, it would be a piece of scenery plain and simple. "Well they wouldn't make ti there if it weren't for the rest of the group!", cool but you would have ran the instance anyways, the locked chest is simply a perk.
    If it's a dumb argument, then so is the argument that nobody in the party is entitled to benefit from the rogue's unlocking abilities.

If it's a dumb argument, then so is the argument that nobody in the party is entitled to benefit from the rogue's unlocking abilities.
    Your arguments just get worse don't they? I suppose you should get a portion of every copper the rogue pick pockets as well then?

Hell while we're at it, if someone with a profession obtains a pattern/recipe inside the dungeon, you're entitled to 1/5th their profits as well I guess.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2019-09-09 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love watching children throw tantrums.
    I AM the victim.

Your arguments just get worse don't they? I suppose you should get a portion of every copper the rogue pick pockets as well then?

Hell while we're at it, if someone with a profession obtains a pattern/recipe inside the dungeon, you're entitled to 1/5th their profits as well I guess.
    You call my argument dumb then proceed to make an argument that's 100 times dumber. The issue isn't the coin in the chests. The issue is the rogue taking EVERYTHING in the chest, including gear people in the party can potentially use as an upgrade.

Didn't take that long for the defenders of the shitty behaviour to fall back on "No one cares" because that's easier than providing even a weak argument
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You call my argument dumb then proceed to make an argument that's 100 times dumber. The issue isn't the coin in the chests. The issue is the rogue taking EVERYTHING in the chest, including gear people in the party can potentially use as an upgrade.
    Yes, I used a dumb comment to point out how silly your argument is. Congratulations on picking up on my comment being silly. The vast majority of Rogues/people who open chests even the ones who win the roll, will ask if someone needs the piece of gear inside of it. I just personally don't care if they keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Didn't take that long for the defenders of the shitty behaviour to fall back on "No one cares" because that's easier than providing even a weak argument
    There is a beauty in it.
    I AM the victim.

If it takes a group effort to get something, a lockbox in a dungeon in this case, then everybody in the group rolls on it.