Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Has BfA become your "alt" expansion?

I am not a huge fan of BfA, but I certainly don't hate it, like I did WoD or Cat. It's just boring to me, and not the theme I like, but I'm still playing regularly, just not nearly as much as say in Legion, which I ran M+ 10 to 15's weekly, and Normal + Heroic Raids weekly.

The two Guilds I was in during Legion disbanded before BfA release, and now are a shell of themselves. For some reason, I just can't find the time to run Raids this expansion, 3+ hours on a weeknight just not happening, and weekends are jammed filled, with kids and family activities, only have an hour or so to play each weekend night. And Mythic + dungeon runs, for some reason just not into it, they feel tedious and like a chore at times. Plus PUG's can be BRUTAL runs, so many wipes and not reach the timer.

But one thing surprisingly keeping me going, is leveling alts more than ever before, and I mean trying almost every class.

I have always been a Plate guy, having a Paladin, a Warrior, and DK, be my main characters I play for years. But this expansion, I finally got around to a Rogue, a Warlock, a Mage, a Druid, a Demon Hunter, which I have never played in my 15 wow years. And hunting for transmog gear for those classes, and getting the Legion artifact appearances and class gear, etc...

Anyone else, taking a break from their normal WoW stuff and running new alts?
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-09-03 at 04:54 PM.

I went through alt wanderlust in Legion, because they completely upended the gameplay of my main (Brewmaster Monk). BFA not so much, after the hell of trying to keep up with alts in Legion I minimized my alt footprint in BFA.

Wotlk, cata, MoP were probably the places i did the most alts.. finding it hard to delete old characters in favor of Allied races nowdays...

Fk how i hate that 50 character limit

Well, I am trying, but this is not really an alt friendly expansion.
    The whole azerite system is just a crime against alts.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sort of. Classic has been my main game since it came out and will likely be for a while, but I figure there's no reason not to log in and dick around with my BfA characters every once in a while since my sub covers it too.

5+ Year Old Account
    I tried alts during beta. All of them bored me. Will give 9.0 beta a chance if I get an invite.

Legion was my alt expansion now I really just play a horde and alliance mains, only two other alts at 120 and I rarely touch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was my alt expansion. I can't handle retail leveling anymore. Takes longer than it used to and seeing the same quests over and over got old already.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not really no, as opposed to Legion, where each class had a semi-unique story, I can't really find a reason to keep leveling alts in BFA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I always had a handful of alts prior to WoD, but that easy Garrison money made me level a bunch more. Then even more lucrative class hall money made me level even more, and I was excited to do it all over again in BFA and it's been put to rest. I can't complain too much, it's probably for the best as far as the game is concerned, but I think I've done the least amount of leveling in this expansion since probably BC.

Since raiding for ALT's is just optional for gearprogression, I never had to spend so little time to keep up my ALT army while spending 99% of my playtime on my main char.

If you dont max out paragon on every ALT, I don't see how 1 m+10 each week per alt and maybe 1-2 emissary caches for gold are a crime against alts.

At this point in 8.2 your alts should be sitting on 3x445 azerite pieces allready and got at least a 430+ weapon for every spec. Neck level should be at 60 or close to 60 even when you never ever did AP WQ.

If its worse for you, it means you either did not play since patch release or just skipped lots of ID resets to keep up your alts with minimal weekly playtime.

Yes starting new mid-content is never a great experience, since EVERYBODY is ahead of you, but that has nothing to do with the casual friendliness of this patch.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not really no, as opposed to Legion, where each class had a semi-unique story, I can't really find a reason to keep leveling alts in BFA.
    QFT ~ BfA seems so pointless to level alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

At this point in 8.2 your alts should be sitting on 3x445 azerite pieces allready and got at least a 430+ weapon for every spec. Neck level should be at 60 or close to 60 even when you never ever did AP WQ.

If its worse for you, it means you either did not play since patch release or just skipped lots of ID resets to keep up your alts with minimal weekly playtime.

Curious, how the heck are alts, supposed to be geared in i445 Azerite, Helm, Shoulders, and Chest? My main isn't even geared in that high end of gear, he's only i431, and the rest of my seven alts, are all hovering around i395 to i405 or so. Can't seem to break much higher than i400+ on the alts. But I don't Raid or M+ with them, so not doing that, there's really no way to get much above i400.

From what I've seen: neck leveling, essences, and no mage tower have detracted people from going full on alts this patch. Flying might be changing that though.

I leveled a toon to 7 in Classic the other day. The whole time I was thinking to myself that I should be leveling an alt in retail instead. It has the potential for a bigger payoff down the road.

I appreciate Classic for what it is. It is not for me but I hope those playing it enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is my alt-version. There is no progression in it after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Absolutely not. I had 11 max level characters in Legion as leveling each class was engaging and fun. I have 5 max level characters in BfA and I doubt it'll be more. Playing an alt in BfA is horrendous imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That was Legion. When alts had really good purposes with the gold missions and class halls. Also helped that I had most classes at lvl 100 from WoD, which similar to Legion had a purpose in alts with gold missions and professions. Alts in BfA are really only if you just want to play something else.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

BC, I played and mostly was lukewarm on the game when I got to the end. WOTLK, I had one character and was really dedicated to that character. It was when I had the most fun in the game before MoP existed. Cata was the expansion where I made a pile of alts because I was bored. MoP was where I enjoyed having alts. It was also the most fun I ever had in WoW. WoD was the expansion where I reaped the rewards of having a pile of alts, but the expansion was bad so I quit for a good long while. Legion was where I enjoyed having alts (at first) again, but I really quickly burned out before forcing myself to get everyone up to speed for BFA. BFA was the first expansion to make me quit pretty early on entirely out of being bored. I leveled one character, and started leveling a few of my alts then quit. Currently, I don't plan on coming back to BFA until maybe the very end of it. I will still probably come back for the next expansion, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why you would see BFA as an ideal leveling expansion, especially compared to what came before it Legion was sooo good for alts, with the artifacts making leveling from 100-110 so much exciting. I pretty leveled every class in that expansion and even 3 shamans just to get the experience of leveling up with each artifact I don't really see the bonus of leveling in BFA over other expansions before it
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.