Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    just play classic instead
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    Farming on 2 chars no chance to get that Benthic gear for raiding... Really bad idea from Blizzard how can a 425ilvl item can be better than a 450item.
    Really??
    Benthic gear is piss easy to get. Only bad thing is that it beats the gear from LFR TEP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

they should of allowed you to purchase the BoP armor for that character and the BoA version for alts at the vendor.
    but they also should of stuck with MoP's class design and itemization and of had at least 10mil subs by now.
    should doesn't mean will or does unfortunately.

I like the idea that certain gear is better in some situations, but in reality it's just become this inventory micromanagement minigame that I detest.

benthic gear is fine. it's just the final balancing of it that ended up bad. you would think that that would be something trivial for blizz to fix in any number of ways, but apparenlty not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    You won't notice the 100-200 dps increase or decrease..
    Some of those pieces are CONSIDERABLY more than that, maybe add a 0

Keep in mind that benthic gear is ONLY useful in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    just ignore it.

I never look at BiS for my characters, because it doesn't matter. Im not pushing world first anything.

Just pick the gear with the higher ilvl and you'll be alright for all content.
    Not understanding what gear/stats are good for your character and why/when they matter is doing yourself and everybody you run with a serious disservice. It take almost no time to figure it out and pays huge dividends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Some of those pieces are CONSIDERABLY more than that, maybe add a 0
    To add to that the boots for example get stronger as you gear up other pieces, so while it's item level doesn't change its strength climbs week to week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Keep in mind that benthic gear is ONLY useful in the raid.
    Not entirely several pieces have the best stats for specs and since you can get it with a socket you easily have pieces that are better than even 455 gear if the higher item level piece doesn't have a socket and a less ideal stat breakdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Benthic gear is piss easy to get. Only bad thing is that it beats the gear from LFR TEP.
    It beat gear from mythic. Depending on your spec 1 to 4 pieces of benthic are your bis for EP.

- - - Updated - - -

The worst thing about benthic is on day 1 of the raid many people already had their bis items for 1 to 4 slots. Mix in the possibility of them already having a bis trinket from crafting and a neck you never replace and that leaves a very small loot pool.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Benthic gear was one of the best gear/itemization updates in a while. Most have been asking for some kind of gear vendor and we got it. Of course there have to be complaints about everything though.

The issue of 425 ilvl items being better than 450 is a different thing entirely and that's just about balancing said items. The system itself is fine though.

And also, benthic is kind of old news by now.

The worst thing about benthic is on day 1 of the raid many people already had their bis items for 1 to 4 slots. Mix in the possibility of them already having a bis trinket from crafting and a neck you never replace and that leaves a very small loot pool.
    It's perfectly fine to have BiS pieces coming from other places than the actual raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Benthic gear was one of the best gear/itemization updates in a while. Most have been asking for some kind of gear vendor and we got it. Of course there have to be complaints about everything though.

The issue of 425 ilvl items being better than 450 is a different thing entirely and that's just about balancing said items. The system itself is fine though.

And also, benthic is kind of old news by now.

It's perfectly fine to have BiS pieces coming from other places than the actual raid.
    Not so much so easily. Even than the best and hardest content should have some sort of usable rewards, Before mythic was even unlocked for my main only 3 bosses could potentially drop loot I would have used. That is a terrible design in loot and progression of it. Some of that is an issue with TF not having a cap though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming on 2 chars no chance to get that Benthic gear for raiding... Really bad idea from Blizzard how can a 425ilvl item can be better than a 450item.
    Really??
    Man, you woulda lost your mind if you were around for WotLK launch, when people didn't upgrade t6 gear until Naxxramas.

Also, consider this as an alternative: Instead of neutering gear until it's boring incremental upgrades again, why not instead argue for cool and useful mechanics to be on more raid gear than just trinkets again? That's this crazy thing called a win-win situation.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I like the availability of gear catchups on vendors with a farmable currency as a concept for alts/rerolls/returning places, but I really dislike that Benthic gear pieces can be significantly better than raid gear of higher ilvl. That said, this problem really isn't new. Blizzard has made similar missteps in the past. I'm not really sure I find Benthic worse than, for example, getting stuck farming Karazhan for a year and a half straight because the badge gear was better than a lot of the gear in Tier 6 and Sunwell.

Catch up gear is great, but I don't think Blizzard has ever been been really strong at finding the sweet spot between "garbage" and "too good" when it comes to the concept. Although I dislike it, I'm not particularly enraged about Benthic. I'm just not going to farm it, and I will accept shittier parses as a result.
    As someone who raided T6 and sunwell. Badge gear wasn't better than stuff from raids. It was roughly on par with Kara/gruul/mag gear, but typically, stuff from the raids were better, even at that tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you want that socket it is piss easy to get the 3/4 pieces and the socket gives such minimal extra dps anyway.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    just play classic instead
    And clear end game content with 58 lvl in greens, cool.

Really??
    These are pretty much the same thing from the timeless isle. These are great for alts! *Do you not have alts?*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It's not even hard to farm pearls. Do daily/world quests, do the mission tables, 20 mins you have like 20 pearls. adds up after a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Man, you woulda lost your mind if you were around for WotLK launch, when people didn't upgrade t6 gear until Naxxramas.

Also, consider this as an alternative: Instead of neutering gear until it's boring incremental upgrades again, why not instead argue for cool and useful mechanics to be on more raid gear than just trinkets again? That's this crazy thing called a win-win situation.
    Which has been happening look at crucible of storms loot or even some of the eternal palace loot. Like the xbow and polearm that damage proc gets increased with a caster who has the trinket to go with them.

Remove benthic? no
    Nerf the shit out of it? yes please for god sake

Edit: Not now obviously we are too far into the tier, but they should've nerfed it asap.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2019-09-11 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    just ignore it.

I never look at BiS for my characters, because it doesn't matter. Im not pushing world first anything.

Just pick the gear with the higher ilvl and you'll be alright for all content.
    This is what I've always done and never really had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Not so much so easily. Even than the best and hardest content should have some sort of usable rewards, Before mythic was even unlocked for my main only 3 bosses could potentially drop loot I would have used. That is a terrible design in loot and progression of it. Some of that is an issue with TF not having a cap though.
    But I'm confused. Mythic raiders have been saying for ages that mythic raising isn't about loot, its about the challenge and overcoming it as a team. Now you are saying its about the loot. I'm so confused. What are the driving priorities of your raiding? Is it the challenge? Or is it so you can have pretty purple pixels that others can't have?