Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yep, this is the only way Blizzard is being creative nowadays. With their monetization schemes.
    What schemes might that be?

Bloody babies... stop whining over every little meaningless shit, don't you have more important things in your life? Store mounts, transmog, it's all bloody cosmetics. If you want it, you pay for it, if you not, you don't. In every game cosmetics are paid. In this case you don't even have pay a bloody cent.... Perhaps you expect that monthly subscription to involve a wank from Blizzard, too?

If you've been playing for [x] years, then you have enjoyed exactly that many years of fun. This is based on the assumption that you would have let your sub lapse if you were not having fun.

And don't forget that those who have had an uninterrupted sub since day 1 got a free statue a couple of years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerhug View Post
    Bloody babies... stop whining over every little meaningless shit, don't you have more important things in your life? Store mounts, transmog, it's all bloody cosmetics. If you want it, you pay for it, if you not, you don't. In every game cosmetics are paid. In this case you don't even have pay a bloody cent.... Perhaps you expect that monthly subscription to involve a wank from Blizzard, too?

QFT (And bolded for bolder truth)

Get a fucking life you whiny little children.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    Didn't veteran players get a statue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If you've been playing for [x] years, then you have enjoyed exactly that many years of fun. This is based on the assumption that you would have let your sub lapse if you were not having fun.

And don't forget that those who have had an uninterrupted sub since day 1 got a free statue a couple of years ago.
    *Not everyone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So...i need someone else to pay around 120 dollars for me to get that awesome transmog?

I dont find this a very funny thing.

Am i supposed to pay my friend to play?
    Will i be praying to God everyday for my friend to play for 12 months?

What the? Someone help me understand this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So...i need someone else to pay around 120 dollars for me to get that awesome transmog?

I dont find this a very funny thing.

Am i supposed to pay my friend to play?
    Will i be praying to God everyday for my friend to play for 12 months?

What the? Someone help me understand this
    Basically,

you need to find a friend (or more) who is not playing, and hasn't been playing (at all) for 24 months (no free game time, no 1-3 days given from GM's).
    Then you convince your friend (and others) to subscribe for at least 12 months if one (or subscribe for less for more friends).
    But if you have friends who returned for Classic, or left during the last 24 months, then they are not counted.

People are annoyed that the items cannot be obtained by either being subscribers themselves, or within the game/store.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basically,

you need to find a friend (or more) who is not playing, and hasn't been playing (at all) for 24 months (no free game time, no 1-3 days given from GM's).
    Then you convince your friend (and others) to subscribe for at least 12 months if one (or subscribe for less for more friends).
    But if you have friends who returned for Classic, or left during the last 24 months, then they are not counted.

People are annoyed that the items cannot be obtained by either being subscribers themselves, or within the game/store.
    LOL what a situation! very funny.

Good rewards...thats the problem.

As we know, every WoW player loves rewards, and this happen to be awesome...and are locked behind a convoluted system.
    Its quite the dilema

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL what a situation! very funny.

Good rewards...thats the problem.

As we know, every WoW player loves rewards, and this happen to be awesome...and are locked behind a convoluted system.
    Its quite the dilema
    The problem is, the rewards actually has effort into it, unlike the things that were before.

The problem is, the rewards actually has effort into it, unlike the things that were before.
    Dont you think we will have a lot of people paying for others to play? Or even creating new accounts for this?

Or "new accounts" dont count and must be an actual WoW player who didnt play for 2 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you think we will have a lot of people paying for others to play? Or even creating new accounts for this?

Or "new accounts" dont count and must be an actual WoW player who didnt play for 2 years?
    Oh, I know it'll happen but people need a lot of money. New accounts work, but that is still a lot of money, 265 Euro for 12 months (if you remove the 4 months free gametime for your main account, it would be 184 Euro). The items are not really worth the money on their own, so either you have to pay overprice or you have to actually find someone who wants to come back to the game (after 24+ months) or recruit a brand new account.

Oh, I know it'll happen but people need a lot of money. New accounts work, but that is still a lot of money, 265 Euro for 12 months (if you remove the 4 months free gametime for your main account, it would be 184 Euro). The items are not really worth the money on their own, so either you have to pay overprice or you have to actually find someone who wants to come back to the game (after 24+ months) or recruit a brand new account.
    Some people will do it.

There is a promotion if you pay for 6 months, its 10.99€ per month. 132€ for 12 months.
    If you buy BfA right now for "the friend" with 25€...it becomes 157€

Oh im sure people will do this...the crazy ones for rewards.

EDIT: I forgot to count the "free months" your main account gets...so its actually cheaper

15+ years - special full xmog outfit
    Listen just send a tshirt to the subscribers who have been paying for 10 years thats a long fucking time. Also give them a special mount.
    5 years is like some ingame title or xmog
    2.5 years give them a pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people will do it.

There is a promotion if you pay for 6 months, its 10.99€ per month. 132€ for 12 months.

EDIT: I forgot to count the "free months" your main account gets...so its actually cheaper
    Aye but the promotion is not going to last.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people will do it.

But that is as well, if you wish to wait a whole year for all the items. If you subscribe, you need to wait for lapsed gametime.

My price is if you buy 12 months of gametime. If you purchase the 12 months, you get it all right away.

Aye but the promotion is not going to last.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is as well, if you wish to wait a whole year for all the items. If you subscribe, you need to wait for lapsed gametime.

My price is if you buy 12 months of gametime. If you purchase the 12 months, you get it all right away.
    Oh, the reward is instant if you buy 12 months of game time?
    I dont see that option on the shop.

With my way, you only waste 105 euros (considering the free game times on main account)...but you need to wait for the 12 months?

10+ Year Old Account

With my way, you only waste 105 euros (considering the free game times on main account)...but you need to wait for the 12 months?
    Aye. What I can read it is pr. applied month of gametime. Subscription only applies one month at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

But I guess, if you have 1.980.000 million gold, it should be fine too (you need to use a different payment for the first month).

Lol the entitlement in this thread. You all sound like a bunch of 40-something middle class white women complaining about that your soy decaf double mocha is too hot

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-11 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    Except no, it isn't true. You've had a decade and a half to collect unique mounts, transmogs, prestige items etc that are no longer available, that wouldn't be available to new players.

There's nothing wrong with rewarding people who refer others to the game. Tons of games and services do that. If I convince people to try (and stick with) Netflix, I get free months of membership. Works for me.

WoW has lots of stuff worth complaining about, but this? This isn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Didnt the players from the origin of times received a mini statue?