Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What faction would each dragonflight choose?

If the dragonflights were going to side with the factions, which ones will side with each?

It's tougher than you think.

Green Dragonflight : Taurens and night elves have the strongest druidic traditions, but the pact with the night elf druids is much older than tauren druidsm, and even though the horde has more druid races, we see Greens take night elf humanoid forms and often seen in night elf areas.
    - my guess Alliance

Blue Dragonflight: Arcane wielders is a tough one, you have humans and elves pretty good at this. Especially elves, however with humans, high elves and the returned highborne all on the alliance, I don't think the blood elves compete. The sin'dorei haven't really re-connected with the blues like they did as high elves, to compound things further, the blues have a long standing tradition with the Farondis of Azsuna and nar'thalas academy who end up saving them. The nightborne attacked the blues in Azsuna - even though they were evil ones, which indicates for their time as nightborne, the blues have known them as enemies - although Valtrois and Stellagosa worked well together, the Farondis and blues are more connected, and the night elves have the reverenec for magic they lost in Azshara's day back. While the nightborne do also - the link is stronger.

Finally humans, Kalecgos and a lot of blues take human form, Kalecgos is in love with Jaina too, and has been working with the Kirin'tor, it is said dragons sometimes hid amongst them. While thrall did help the blues, there is not a strong connection to the flight or him with the rest of the orcs, the horde, and nor have the sin'dorei interacted much with them.

- my guess, Alliance, blue is also the colour of the alliance, purple/blue the night/void elves.

Black Dragonflight
    This is also quite tough. The black dragonflight manipulated both horde and alliance, but it was the horde races Deathwing showed his true colours and was able to be most effective. Blackrock clans etc.

On the converse they tend to take the form of humans like the blues, so this may make them prefer the humans. However, in the long run, several recent things have happened. Most of the blackflight is dead, and we have the following:

Wrathion - heavily alliance leaning
    Ebonhorn - heavily horde leaning.

- my guess alliance or shared.

Red Dragonflight
    Well, another tough one, the horde enslaved Alexstrazsa and her brood, so this would set them against them, however, since Thrall's horde,t he relationship has been very very good.

Most of the red interactions has been with horde, Thrall also playing a large role in the book. So post WC2 relations are very different. There have been no really defined alliance interactions post Wc2 with the red flight. I would say thanks to Thrall, the reds lean over to the horde

- my guess, HORDE, red is also the colour of the horde

Bronze Dragonflight
    The most neutral of all the flights.. they do take the form of high elves or gnomes. Though that is more to deal with stopping alliance mages breaking the timeline. Leaning them towards the horde. No reports of blood elves offending the timeline that i know of

Also the nightborne joining the horde with their time magic expertise would make them fit very well with the bronze flight. Although you can view it as the alternative or the alliance answer to that. Also the yellow colour does fit the blood elves hair colours and the zandalari gold colours.

- my guess, Horde - nightborne make the difference

Twilight Flight
    While this is currently hostile to everyone, if it became it's own flight, would be a tough one. The void elves have the void connection, but then so do the Mag'har orcs and the forsaken, while the void elves might be the stronger connection, given the pruple themes of the night elves, void elves and draenei, we'll go with the horde for more void wiedling members. Although someone could counter the night elves black moon group combined with teh void elves is a better match.

The twilight flight has hurt the red flight the most, so I would say that would lean them towards the alliance. Kililng Krasuss too

- my guess, Alliance - both, however maybe alliance leaning?

Nether Flight
    I think these will be horde all the way, but then the horde did try and ensalve them, but you could say that was Illidan's orcs and that they were paying the price for the sins of their father..

If we were to split blacks, and have one half led by Wrathion and one by Ebonhorn, with one of the halves being the Nether dragonflight, , that could work out.

Horde:
    Red flgiht
    Bronze flight
    Nether & Black flight - Ebonhorn half

Alliance
    Green Flight
    Blue flight
    Twilight & Black flight - Wrathion half

blue=alliance
    red=alliance
    black=horde
    green=alliance
    bronze=both

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    blue=alliance
    red=alliance
    black=horde
    green=alliance
    bronze=both
    That's the problem... most of the legendary assets of Azeroth are alliance leaning because of WC 1-3

7+ Year Old Account
    i only see the black one going horde, and maybe red if they stretch enough

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    That's the problem... most of the legendary assets of Azeroth are alliance leaning because of WC 1-3
    It isnt a problem

I don't think the Red Flight would not choose the Horde, given their history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Red: Alliance
    Blue: Alliance
    Green: Alliance
    Black: Horde? They don't currently care for either faction and the most well-known black dragon is on okay terms with the current human king but there's a lot more bad blood there.
    Bronze: Horde, if only to balance things out a bit.

Overall the dragonflights in general have a much better relationship with the Alliance than Horde. Bronze is pretty solidly neutral though and black isn't exactly what I'd call friendly to either. Emerald is a no-brainer due to their close relationship with night elves, although I suppose given recent events those ties might be less tight than they used to be (Ysera's death, not Teldrassil). Kalecgos is an ally of the Alliance and has fought on their behalf against the Horde. Reds have very bad blood with the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would you assume the red dragonflight would align with the horde? Are you just speaking out of your ass OP?

Granted, it wasn't the New Horde we know today, but still. Jeez man.

If the dragonflights were going to side with the factions, which ones will side with each?

It's tougher than you think.

Green Dragonflight : Taurens and night elves have the strongest druidic traditions, but the pact with the night elf druids is much older than tauren druidsm, and even though the horde has more druid races, we see Greens take night elf humanoid forms and often seen in night elf areas.
    - my guess Alliance

Blue Dragonflight: Arcane wielders is a tough one, you have humans and elves pretty good at this. Especially elves, however with humans, high elves and the returned highborne all on the alliance, I don't think the blood elves compete. The sin'dorei haven't really re-connected with the blues like they did as high elves, to compound things further, the blues have a long standing tradition with the Farondis of Azsuna and nar'thalas academy who end up saving them. The nightborne attacked the blues in Azsuna - even though they were evil ones, which indicates for their time as nightborne, the blues have known them as enemies - although Valtrois and Stellagosa worked well together, the Farondis and blues are more connected, and the night elves have the reverenec for magic they lost in Azshara's day back. While the nightborne do also - the link is stronger.

Finally humans, Kalecgos and a lot of blues take human form, Kalecgos is in love with Jaina too, and has been working with the Kirin'tor, it is said dragons sometimes hid amongst them. While thrall did help the blues, there is not a strong connection to the flight or him with the rest of the orcs, the horde, and nor have the sin'dorei interacted much with them.

- my guess, Alliance, blue is also the colour of the alliance, purple/blue the night/void elves.

Black Dragonflight
    This is also quite tough. The black dragonflight manipulated both horde and alliance, but it was the horde races Deathwing showed his true colours and was able to be most effective. Blackrock clans etc.

On the converse they tend to take the form of humans like the blues, so this may make them prefer the humans. However, in the long run, several recent things have happened. Most of the blackflight is dead, and we have the following:

Wrathion - heavily alliance leaning
    Ebonhorn - heavily horde leaning.

- my guess alliance or shared.

Red Dragonflight
    Well, another tough one, the horde enslaved Alexstrazsa and her brood, so this would set them against them, however, since Thrall's horde,t he relationship has been very very good.

Most of the red interactions has been with horde, Thrall also playing a large role in the book. So post WC2 relations are very different. There have been no really defined alliance interactions post Wc2 with the red flight. I would say thanks to Thrall, the reds lean over to the horde

Bronze Dragonflight
    The most neutral of all the flights.. they do take the form of high elves or gnomes. Though that is more to deal with stopping alliance mages breaking the timeline. Leaning them towards the horde. No reports of blood elves offending the timeline that i know of

Also the nightborne joining the horde with their time magic expertise would make them fit very well with the bronze flight. Although you can view it as the alternative or the alliance answer to that. Also the yellow colour does fit the blood elves hair colours and the zandalari gold colours.

- my guess, Horde - nightborne make the difference

Twilight Flight
    While this is currently hostile to everyone, if it became it's own flight, would be a tough one. The void elves have the void connection, but then so do the Mag'har orcs and the forsaken, while the void elves might be the stronger connection, given the pruple themes of the night elves, void elves and draenei, we'll go with the horde for more void wiedling members. Although someone could counter the night elves black moon group combined with teh void elves is a better match.

The twilight flight has hurt the red flight the most, so I would say that would lean them towards the alliance. Kililng Krasuss too

- my guess, Alliance - both, however maybe alliance leaning?

Nether Flight
    I think these will be horde all the way, but then the horde did try and ensalve them, but you could say that was Illidan's orcs and that they were paying the price for the sins of their father..

If we were to split blacks, and have one half led by Wrathion and one by Ebonhorn, with one of the halves being the Nether dragonflight, , that could work out.

Horde:
    Red flgiht
    Bronze flight
    Nether & Black flight - Ebonhorn half

Alliance
    Green Flight
    Blue flight
    Twilight & Black flight - Wrathion half
    Ally
    Green - they are allied wirh Cenarion circle and mostly N Elves. circle recently became neutral. also most Horde races are oriented on destruction of nature and not preserving it.

Bronze -strongly neutral. they always have two representatives for two factions or none at all. maybe very small bit lean to allies

Blue - Ally. and it is not about color. kalec works with Kirin tor. has crush on Jaina. and Blues suffered alot from Garoosh's Horde.

Black -Horde. Ebonhorn is Highmountain member and Wrathion, while friend or exfriend of Anduin, stilk favors Horde. he made bet on Garrosh at least twice. he thinks Horde would be better lead. btw he seems to start changing towards neutral. but no news from him for a while

Red - while neutral they would still go for Alliance. allies have races that seem to be priented on life saving. and Horde have more destructive forces. also bad history with Horde
    and Alexstraza swore to Alliance during Day of the dragon. (Humans - Rhonin, Wikdhammer Dwarves - Kurdran and High elves - Vareesa)
    she peomised that her flught woukd never fight against them

Twilight. they are abominations and old god slaves. if they will ever become free, they might join Horde probably. as Horde since vanilla was intended to be band of misfits trying survive and wasnot based on some sort of ideology.

chromatic -they are wiped out. and swemed to be more like beasts than intelligent creatures. maybe Horde. as they had ties with bkacjrock while both were under nefarian. and some Blackrocks joined Horde

Nether Drakes -strongly neutral

while they were enslaved by Illidans Fel Horde,they can work with both factions I think

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Why on earth would you assume the red dragonflight would align with the horde? Are you just speaking out of your ass OP?

By "new" horde, do you mean the one that still goes through leaders like water? Or has inner conflict, fighting, and betrayal? Or the "new" horde that still commits genocide? No way does the LIFE-binder side with that faction.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Depends who is leading the Horde. Thrall has some influence with the dragonflights after what happened in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post

I could see Alexstrasza, in her almost endless beneficence and magnanimity, perhaps allying her Dragonflight to the Horde with the goal of helping them better peacefully integrate themselves into life on Azeroth and serving as warders and advisers, protectors and help-meets. But beyond that it seems an unlikely proposition all the same - the Alliance definitely resonates much better with the Red Flight's mission statement and general ethos. Personally I don't think *any* of the Dragonflights would ever join one of the two factions - their mandate is above political reality, really; as they serve more concrete roles woven into the bedrock of existence itself (things like Time, Life, Magic, the Emerald Dream, etc. etc.)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think most would favor the Alliance, particularly the Red flight given the old Horde enslavement of Alex. That was what? Like 40 years ago? That's like yesterday for a dragon aspect.
    I suspect if drakonids ever become an allied race, they'd be Alliance and would be a beefy race to offset the eventual (it's basically a crime it hasn't happened yet) inclusion of ogres as a horde allied race.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i only see the black one going horde, and maybe red if they stretch enough
    The Horde, who ensalved dragons .. would gain the red flight????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I would think most would favor the Alliance, particularly the Red flight given the old Horde enslavement of Alex. That was what? Like 40 years ago? That's like yesterday for a dragon aspect.
    I suspect if drakonids ever become an allied race, they'd be Alliance and would be a beefy race to offset the eventual (it's basically a crime it hasn't happened yet) inclusion of ogres as a horde allied race.
    Ogres to the Alliance! I think the Alliance needs beefier races anyway .. especially with more gnomes probably going to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The Horde, who ensalved dragons .. would gain the red flight????

- - - Updated - - -

Ogres to the Alliance! I think the Alliance needs beefier races anyway .. especially with more gnomes probably going to the Alliance.
    While ogres are cool and I'd like to see them every where, I doubt that happens. An Alliance ogre is basically Warcraft sacrilege. But I agree with Alliance needing another physically large race, even after KT.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Red Dragonflight

Nice logic.

No way that red dragonflight would join the Horde if they had any occasions. Dragons are stubborn race that doesn't forgive that easily.
    And Krasus was a close friend to Rhonin, a human mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    While ogres are cool and I'd like to see them every where, I doubt that happens. An Alliance ogre is basically Warcraft sacrilege. But I agree with Alliance needing another physically large race, even after KT.
    We have two iterations of elves which are historically Alliance - this is necessarily bad, it has/had potential to add story and conflict, just the an Alliance Ogre could.

In regards to Red Dragonflight, they would be more neutral than any other actually. Alexstrasza loves all life as it is. She already loves the Orcs as she outright stated during Garrosh's "trial". So she wouldn't pick sides, even to "help the Horde integrate" as has been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    We have two iterations of elves which are historically Alliance - this is necessarily bad, it has/had potential to add story and conflict, just the an Alliance Ogre could.
    What historically Alliance Elves are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

here's the thing and i know a lot of you aren't going to like reading it but it is the inarguable truth: alliance/horde neutrality in wow should no longer exist as of bfa. the only reason it does is because blizzard puts no effort into their world building and thinks all the neutral factions are strictly defined by the idea that "they dont take sides with alliance/horde no matter what".

however, if azeroth was treated as a real place where actions had consequences, all dragonflights, and all previously neutral factions should realistically have joined or sided with the alliance because the horde has shown that at the drop of a hat it will genocide races and destroy entire zones filled with unrelated races, flora, fauna etc. purely to achieve a faster genocide. and that there is no predicting this, and there are no checks and balances in the horde to prevent them from being marched into genocide after genocide.

factions are only "neutral" to the horde because gameplay demands it. in a realistically treated wow the horde are currently equivalent to the burning legion and the enemies of all free people on the entire planet. it would be madness to suggest the dragonflights would ever even consider siding with them.

anyway even if you leave that fact aside, all the dragonflights would strongly lean toward alliance anyway. the only room for an exception here is the bronze dragonflight, again because blizzard's terrible, worthless writing previously saw the bronze dragonflight supply the horde with an artifact to go to a parallel timeline that was never supposed to exist so they could recruit an army of people who are mostly supposed to be dead purely so they could take part in a war between mortals. again, we all know the bronze dragonflight should never have done this, and the only reason they did was to give the horde a more badass version of mag'har to make blizzard more race change money.

but with that as precedent we can see that the bronze dragonflight actually don't give a shit about their sacred important timeline preserving duties so maybe they would side with the horde again.

anyway that's the absolute state of this shitty game and its worthless lore.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Red: Alliance
    Blue: Alliance
    Green: Alliance
    Black: Horde? They don't currently care for either faction and the most well-known black dragon is on okay terms with the current human king but there's a lot more bad blood there.
    Bronze: Horde, if only to balance things out a bit.

Overall the dragonflights in general have a much better relationship with the Alliance than Horde. Bronze is pretty solidly neutral though and black isn't exactly what I'd call friendly to either. Emerald is a no-brainer due to their close relationship with night elves, although I suppose given recent events those ties might be less tight than they used to be (Ysera's death, not Teldrassil). Kalecgos is an ally of the Alliance and has fought on their behalf against the Horde. Reds have very bad blood with the orcs.
    Maybe they should actually expand the lore on the Gronn, and empower them to be some sort of horde leaning equivalen tofthe dragons?

or create some other powerful beings less off alliance related things?

Bronze flight could definitely boost some lore towards the horde, they could also do that for black flight and maybe twilight and nether off shoots.