Is there ANY way to make modifier macros work?

I see people claiming modifiers would work since it's the modern engine but they simply don't. I try to use a simple "/cast [mod:shift] Adrenaline Rush; Sinister Strike" macro, yet everytime I press shift I can see the Adrenaline Rush Icon but no matter what I can press the button as hard as I want the spell won't activate. I also tried these weird scripts only to get the message "this script is exclusive to blizz ui" or some rubbish, even turned off all addons and it doesn't.

Any Help?

No idea, /cast [mod]Frostbolt(Rank 1);Frostbolt works just fine.

/cast [nomod] Sinister Strike
    /cast [mod:shift] Adrenaline Rush

Same results for every variant posted here, icon appears but is unclickable. SS works fine but AR just doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably got the shift + (whatever number you use) still keybinded. Which makes the macro not work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    Same results for every variant posted here, icon appears but is unclickable.
    Have you tried shift-clicking Adrenaline Rush from the spellbook into the macro? Perhaps "adrenaline rush" is just some passive aura, while the skill actually is called "Adrenaline Rush (Talent)" or something like that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You probably got the shift + (whatever number you use) still keybinded. Which makes the macro not work.
    He's right. Make sure the shift bind isn't already binded to something

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You sir, are a hero. That was the issue. Thanks a ton, I really didn't think about that.