Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been too busy actually playing Classic to care what the forum warriors from retail are spinning. And here in their homeworld / base camp that is mmochamp they are still in outrage mode. I could go through how my game experience differs from your list but why bother at this point? I do agree that raids are not harder and are unlikely to be the focal point of Classic WoW. However, if you think the game outside M+ and raiding is better in retail, I don't know what to tell you this late in the game.

wowrealmpopulation has BfA active characters level 10+ at 1.7 million for the 4 regions Blizz actually makes their money from. Is it possible there are less than a million active subscribers there? Should've been more concerned about the state of live WoW and less worried about Classic. No matter how you try and spin that here, once the money stops flowing in like it used to, and even with the micros and other ways to get more $s/customer that is the case, Blizz won't be paying for raid content at the same pace they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    wowrealmpopulation has BfA active characters level 10+ at 1.7 million for the 4 regions Blizz actually makes their money from. Is it possible there are less than a million active subscribers there?
    There's no separate "Classic" and "Retail" subs. They're the same.

No matter how you try and spin that here, once the money stops flowing in like it used to, and even with the micros and other ways to get more $s/customer that is the case, Blizz won't be paying for raid content at the same pace they have been.
    I don't think Blizzard much cares if they're whaling Classic or Retail players. Same sub. Same money. They're just happy they found additional way to monetize their old stuff.

wowrealmpopulation has BfA active characters level 10+ at 1.7 million for the 4 regions Blizz actually makes their money from. Is it possible there are less than a million active subscribers there? Should've been more concerned about the state of live WoW and less worried about Classic.
    Truly sad statistics! And all 1,720,983 of these level 10+ characters are have been pushing some M+ keys this season. On the bright side, that means that the entirety of 1M active subscribers must have been pushing keys on 2 characters each.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    High end raiding in classic, as if there was such a thing, takes so much more time and effort that you can roll up to MC and clear the place even though over a third of your Raif group hasn’t even hit level cap. Such difficult
    I wouldn't exactly call MC high end raiding. It's an entry raid, designed for earlier patches, for people with literal zero clue about what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

This is something that was advertised not only with Classic in mind, but in general in any discussion about the talent system in the current game. These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune. Depending on the class, about 2-4 talents in the whole tree actually make a difference in your gameplay. The rest is filler that doesn't give any tangible power up.
    The old talent tree is definitely better. The new one is boring and isn't rewarding at all since most of the levels you get absolutely nothing. Also , what are you talking about ? Many of my retail talents are also x damage increase for different spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Call bull all you want. You only die in Classic is you don't play smart. Exactly how it is in Modern too. If you pull more than you can handle in both versions of the game, you die.
    You can play smart and still die because that's Classic for you. More mobs will pull, you might miss some abilities and be forced to use more mana and then run out, your escape abilites might not work, mobs spawn next to you etc etc. You can pull much more on retail and face pretty much 0 consequence. To say you simply need to play smart is bs, because the nature of the game is different and some things are out of your control.

We get it, you don't like Classic and will argue every aspect is faceroll until the cows come home. Still doesn't make it true, though. A lot more dangerous than faceroll leveling on retail.

- - - Updated - - -

I have. But since you've never seen it, it never happens, right? There's also no evidence that these were deaths as a result of environment rather than an Alliance party ganking people. Which is something I've seen cause a graveyard run like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job showing server lists from around when Classic launched. I just logged on and over half the servers are "Medium" population with the rest being High. Not a single server is listed as full.
    You do realise server populations fluctuate with time of day? If I log on first thing in the morning then most servers are low or medium. If I log on in the afternoon then most are high or full.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Truly sad statistics! And all 1,720,983 of these level 10+ characters are have been pushing some M+ keys this season. On the bright side, that means that the entirety of 1M active subscribers must have been pushing keys on 2 characters each.
    All? I have never done Mythic anything and I know others who haven't either.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You can play smart and still die because that's Classic for you. More mobs will pull, you might miss some abilities and be forced to use more mana and then run out, your escape abilites might not work, mobs spawn next to you etc etc. You can pull much more on retail and face pretty much 0 consequence. To say you simply need to play smart is bs, because the nature of the game is different and some things are out of your control.

We get it, you don't like Classic and will argue every aspect is faceroll until the cows come home. Still doesn't make it true, though. A lot more dangerous than faceroll leveling on retail.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise server populations fluctuate with time of day? If I log on first thing in the morning then most servers are low or medium. If I log on in the afternoon then most are high or full.
    When I try to mass pull on my Mage in Modern, I get fucking wrecked. So saying that everyone can pull whatever the hell they want is just bull shit. In both Classic and Modern you will die if you pull too much. Which is why I avoid pulling too much at all costs.

And Whenever I log on to play my mage in Classic, there's usually like two full servers and the rest are high or medium. No matter what time of day I do it. Funny how you criticize me for "hating Classic" when you do everything you can to shit on Modern and lie about the population of Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    The old talent tree is definitely better. The new one is boring and isn't rewarding at all since most of the levels you get absolutely nothing. Also , what are you talking about ? Many of my retail talents are also x damage increase for different spells.
    So getting a miniscule upgrade to an ability is more rewarding purely because you have something to click every level? If that's the case then people with this mindset are VERY easily entertained.

So getting a miniscule upgrade to an ability is more rewarding purely because you have something to click every level? If that's the case then people with this mindset are VERY easily entertained.
    Levelling up and gaining something is better than levelling up and gaining nothing. Doesnt matter much what that "something" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Levelling up and gaining something is better than levelling up and gaining nothing. Doesnt matter much what that "something" is.
    That is your opinion though. I still prefer to gain nothing each level if I get a significant upgrade now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Yes, and the extra pulls happen much more often in Classic and some seem unavoidable.

In Retail, your character is a Hero and a Champion, which is what he's supposed to be. In Classic, he's a wimp.
    To iterate on this: ("short" personal story)

I was a hardcore Warcraft 3 fan. I played it for years back then. One day they announced the WoW project, and I was quite triggered that it wasn't Wc4. I also did not like the idea of the MMO genre in general, so I was basically against and refused to play it.

A few of months after Vanilla's launch, in early 2005, some IRL (LAN friends back then), kept insisting that I start and play WoW with them. After countless nagging I agree and buy an account, start a level 1 Tauren Warrior. Now having had come from Warcraft 3, I recalled how badass Tauren units were. Able to wipe the shit out of almost any other singular unit in Wc3, or usually 3-4 tier 1 units on their own (Footmen, ghouls etc). I was expecting similar power in WoW..

I walk around in Mulgore with one of the early quests, I then pull 2 small mobs (forget which at this point), thinking well, I'm a Tauren, so I'd easily handle these two small, weak looking mobs... I get destroyed. I try again, with 2 (stubborn), die again. I then start pulling 1 by 1, needing to eat after each as a warrior. A bit later it finally hit me that this feels very wrong and shouldn't be the case. I should at least be of similar power to the regular Warcraft 3 Tauren unit, if not STRONGER because I'm supposed to be a "champion"? I remember I lasted up until level 8 or so, before I got tired of it and quit entirely.

Years later (was back to Wc3 and Dota at the time), I watch a Blizzcon where they announce Wotlk. I see Arthas rising, so I flip the fuck out. The actual story from Wc3:TFT is finally going to continue??! I decided: Fuck it. MMO it is.. Of course by that time, my old account, like many abandoned accounts, had been hacked and lost, despite me trying to recover it at the time. I settle for buying a fresh one and start in Feb 2009. I level from scratch, and it seemed much better. Much more smooth. Felt like I'm playing a big deal champion for a change. It reminded me of Warcraft 3 race specific heroes. It quickly attracts me in a far bigger way than it did the first time, and I continue playing--> Get into high raiding merely 5 months after had started. It changed my mind on this MMO, which I continue to play Today.

So yes. Player character power matters, a lot.

Classic was truly a nostalgia trip for the 12-16 year olds that played during Vanilla that got them through the fact that they were the biggest losers on the playground.

Nearly all of the streamers or classic fanboys are all in their mid 20s right now, they just want a piece of their childhood back. I get it.

But the fact that so much of what they said was just flat out lies and BS is what irks me the most.

For those of you enjoying classic, good for you. But seriously, just admit you wanted a nostalgia trip, stop making up lies about how it was better back then. It wasn't. I am not a fan of BFA, but i'll pay to play BFA rather than play classic for free.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Classic was truly a nostalgia trip for the 12-16 year olds that played during Vanilla that got them through the fact that they were the biggest losers on the playground.

Nearly all of the streamers or classic fanboys are all in their mid 20s right now, they just want a piece of their childhood back. I get it.

But the fact that so much of what they said was just flat out lies and BS is what irks me the most.

For those of you enjoying classic, good for you. But seriously, just admit you wanted a nostalgia trip, stop making up lies about how it was better back then. It wasn't. I am not a fan of BFA, but i'll pay to play BFA rather than play classic for free.
    This is some Bat Signal levels of projection right here. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Getting a small tick every level doesn't feel any different than getting nothing. It's simulated rewards for simpletons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kor View Post
    This is some Bat Signal levels of projection right here. Good lord.
    Except he's right.

Or could we finally realize that people have diffrent opinions?

I myself never played vanilla and I am enjoying classic a lot. The same can be said for several of my friends that started anywhere from BC to MoP.

I am certainly not a vanilla fanboy and I think a lot of stuff is really shit in classic. I would much have preferred a BC, WotLK, Cata or MoP re-release or simply a WoW 2.0 in old school spirit. There is so much stuff that has improved since vanilla and vanilla is certainly no pinnacle of gaming.

That said, classic wow is 100x better than BFA and I would play classic every day of the week over BFA, despite all the faults of classic.

Just accept that people like the game for what it is and just enjoy playing it. Playing classic on official and private servers for years is a daaaamn long nostalgia trip, nostalgia alone does not work like that. It's irritating how angry people like you seem to get just because you do not understand why some people enjoy something which you obviously do not. Pretty much says more about you than about all of the classic fans...

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    That is an interesting counter statistic. However, on further inspection it looks like season 3 is now 3 months old while wowrealmpopulation only looks at characters active over the last 2 weeks. I believe their count was over 3 million active characters back in June/July. Is that a high % of M+ players versuses total population? Yes, but it wouldn't surprise me. Personally, raids and M+ are the good part of live WoW. For everything else its Classic.

Getting a small tick every level doesn't feel any different than getting nothing. It's simulated rewards for simpletons.

- - - Updated - - -

Except he's right.
    This man is going through his midlife crisis already, 33 and going on forums telling everyone their game is shit and they're wrong about everything XD
    Last edited by kebabmasterxd; 2019-09-29 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    This man is going through his midlife crisis already, 33 and going on forums telling everyone their game is shit and they're wrong about everything XD
    Oh look, someone with the attitude of a 16 year old randomly insulting someone on the forums because they disagreed with someone. Oh! And they didn't even make an insult related to the conversation! You must feel so big.

Go back to Fortnite.