Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree with your points, but BFA or retail can learn from Classic, the fast-food content that retail produces is really bad for the game, the fast pace, mythic+ mania, they need to chill down the game, remove the layers, one thing in classic is that you see people everywhere, this has an impact to.

I my personal opinion blizzard fail, they now have two WoW games both half finished, they capitulated to the nostalgic private old boys instead of creating a real Classic, bringing Vanilla to 2019 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post

BWL back in Vanilla was clear on day 1 beside a bugged Nef and the missing mechanic of the Onyxia cloak. It's gon be so fucking easy once it's out again.
    AQ40 was clear in a very short time beside the bugged C'thun and optional partly bugged bosses and dead on day 1 after bugfixes. It will be fucking easy again.
    Naxx was cleared within 5 days beside some few bosses, mainly because of bugged Gothik and 4 Horsemen. It's gon be clear very fast, too.

Classic was simply never an endgame quality game, even back then there were others MMORPGs that were way better.
    But what made WoW that big? IT WAS ALWAYS A CASUAL GAME. ALWAYS. A-L-W-A-Y-S.
    And Casuals always conducted the gaming industry. ALWAYS.

It was "hard" back then because most players were new at PC gaming and complete bullshit overall. The worst players from this time are mostly better than the average player back then.
    I mean, sure you can say there were extreme outliers who cleared the raids very quickly but the vast majority did not clear them nearly as quickly. Im sure that was in large part due to the game mechanics not being nearly as well understood as we do now over a decade later, and people having a lot of time under their belts with MMO's now. But we can apply the same logic to many pieces of content that Blizzard has released since then, things have REGULARLY been cleared within the first 5 days of release for a long time. Or at least cleared besides one boss which either was way overtuned/bugged. If youre using that logic then 95% of the content is easy, but I dont know how someone could think vanilla endgame content was going to be more difficult than that of some of the Legion/BfA mythic raids, theres just far more mechanics per boss fight and harder ones at that. Youre also much more well equipped to deal with those mechanics in BfA as well though, the game is tuned much better on retail for each class and you just have way more utility.

I mean, it makes zero difference to me. Not sure why people really care about which is harder, which is easier etc. Like if you enjoy then just fucking enjoy it, who cares?

Not so sure you can say there were better MMO's back in 2004/2005 though lol, thats a huge stretch and after such a statement it just makes yourself sound super biased against classic for whatever reason.
    Not sure what made Classic for "casuals" since, the game takes WAY more time grinding for things than retail? You really have to put in the time, theres no way around that, its a grind.

Confused as to why youre even complaining about "casuals" from a top your high horse? Yes, some people are not and/or cannot spend 8 hours a day grinding on WoW. Plenty of those people can be and are still good players. The reality is plenty of people rather be called "casual" by nerds who spend way too much time and effort on the game in return for real life things. Never really understood the type of people who will cry "casual" this or that, youre essentially just bragging about spending way too much time on WoW while others can be just as knowledgable and skilled while not playing as much.

And FYI, no game (at least one that plans on being successful) is ever going to be dedicated entirely to a more "hardcore" playerbase, people who want to tryhard all the time in WoW should be happy that in retail theres avenues where you can do that, while other players still can do the other content as well. Its a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    2. Old talent trees are much much better but this is lite version of them. Compare it to Wotlk where u have really intresting talents
    1. NOONE said that vanilla raids were hard. They were hard because we didnt knew the game back then.
    Its YOUR OPINION, not myths that have fallen apart...
    We all called it - there was a huge part of the community talking about the shellshock that was coming to retail players when they wiped endlessly on raids and had to have full consumables and world buffs and hours upon hours of prep and Full time dedicated raiders to even stand a chance of killing any bosses.

Many of us tried to point out that would not be the case, but there was a VERY large and VERY vocal group 100% convinced these old raids would be at or above mythic raid difficulty, rather than the sub LFR difficulty reality.

Many of us said that as soon as the raids were out, and cleared in a few hours, that vocal group would fall silent, and just pretend it never happened. That's is exactly what has happened - I have seen this absolutely bold faced lie countless times here "no one said they would be hard". Couple of people have even been linked when they themselves said it was going to be hard. Doesn't matter - every day there is another person flat out denying anyone ever claimed it was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Most streamers playing classic were noob players at the time if they even played it.
    Gameplay and classic streamers have not much overlapping. Classic is dominated by clownshows and just talk streamers, thats all you need to know about the background of this players.

AFAIK the pvp/m+/raid gameplay streamers are even lower in viewers now with playing classic. They should maybe just watch videos and minimize game content while streaming to get more twitch viewers.
    -

I am loving classic, made several characters and am taking my time, going to get several to 60. Its like a project since you know Classic is more like a museum. I hope Blizz does not mess with it at all or listen to the idiots that all rushed to 60 and cleared the content in a week or 2. That's their stupid fault. It doesn't need anymore content past the last phase. They can just condense down servers after a while. The thing about classic is this....its a self contained timeline and.....get ready for it....I know lots of no lifers don't want to hear this...… but..... guess what...….it ends. It Ends. Get over it and go back to retail when you are thru.

Hopefully Blizz doesn't do a damn thing to it, its Classic, we wanted it, we got it.
    Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    I am loving classic, made several characters and am taking my time, going to get several to 60. Its like a project since you know Classic is more like a museum. I hope Blizz does not mess with it at all or listen to the idiots that all rushed to 60 and cleared the content in a week or 2. That's their stupid fault. It doesn't need anymore content past the last phase. They can just condense down servers after a while. The thing about classic is this....its a self contained timeline and.....get ready for it....I know lots of no lifers don't want to hear this...… but..... guess what...….it ends. It Ends. Get over it and go back to retail when you are thru.

Hopefully Blizz doesn't do a damn thing to it, its Classic, we wanted it, we got it.
    Leave it alone.
    Don't worry - the people who want Classic to continue on its own represent an extremely small portion of the playerbase. There is a 0% chance Blizzard develops new content for Classic. TBC/WotLK Legacy realms are the next likely iterations. Seasonal Classic servers are a possibility too.

Leave it alone.
    Amen! Couldn't have said it better. I want it have a definitive end too!

Leave it alone.
    Yeah it's been pretty damn fun so far. What has struck me the most has been how much better the community is when everything is contained to one server.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah it's been pretty damn fun so far. What has struck me the most has been how much better the community is when everything is contained to one server.
    Many on this very forum disagree with you very strongly, and have had extremely negative experiences with the "classic community". Im glad you are having a better experience than most!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Many on this very forum disagree with you very strongly, and have had extremely negative experiences with the "classic community". Im glad you are having a better experience than most!
    That's because this forum is in no way representative of the broader WoW community.

And here i am with daily 30m (1k players) queues on our way to 3 months after release.

Yep. Dead. /s

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    That's because this forum is in no way representative of the broader WoW community.
    Which includes you. So your comment is therefore not representative of the broader wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Which includes you. So your comment is therefore not representative of the broader wow community.
    No, they're all logged on classic instead of posting dumb shit on MMO-C

5+ Year Old Account
    Lvling is harder than raids in classic and its not a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Lvling is harder than raids in classic and its not a joke
    Hard or tedious? How do you compare leveling to a raid, what are the points of comparison? What level bracket - what raiding difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Hard or tedious? How do you compare leveling to a raid, what are the points of comparison? What level bracket - what raiding difficulty?
    Tedious is only term what people use when somethink takes time. Yet they all completly fail to realize that difficutly what challenge mechanical skills is jsut one way how to make something hard. It isnt what should be THE main thing. No it is just one part. If something takes time and need lot of patience is also aspect of difficulty and way you can make content hard. Also only things in retail what are actualy mechanicly challeging are mythic+ and mythic raiding which are compeltly optional and 99,9ˇ% of player base do no care about them becosue they dont have to do them in order to experience content. So saying retail have harder end game when actualy harder end game is played by super minority is kinda stupid. Finish content in retail is much easyer than in classic even when comes to mechanical skill. Finish mythic content ofc isnt but thats same content is content in easy mods.

Yo and btw if something is hard it naturaly takes more time to complete so. You cant make something harder without increasing time you spent playing or progressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Not sure if you're referring to the thread itself, or the other posters, but I myself have nothing against "vanilla crowd". The main issue I have is with some clearly untrue statements we've been hearing about Classic. That's why I decided to make a list of these myths.

Cool story bro. There's like one layer per realm now and they are usually on low population.
    You are completly cluless what layers did on classic. Layers didnt increase realm population cap. Layers only made sure there isnt 4k people in starting zone and becouse people are now spread out in the world you dont have to layer zones anymore. Removing layers have nothing to do with decresing realm population. Realm cap with layers are same as realm without them. We just no longer have 4k people trying to level up in Durotar anymore so they can cut down layers.

In regards to leveling, dungeons, and raids in classic: Its slightly tedious, like when people call a mob a "Bullet Sponge" in a FPS game.

I personally expected a harder experience with how all the youtubers and streamers talked it up for years. Maybe people are just not remembering vanilla right, or they are merely remembering their own misadventures when WoW was their first MMO.