Poll: How long have you roughly played Classic and will you continue?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A poll for both people who have and who are playing Classic!

Let's see how people are faring, shall we?

I've played from the start of Classic and I'm planning to continue playing for now because I'm having fun with my friends who came back to the game.

I played a hunter in classic for most of 2005, the only raids i did were dungeon raids, toward the latter half i tried to get a raid spot as a hunter applied to many guilds, chatted with a bunch of different recruitment officers best i could get was a sub spot. so i rerolled to a priest, levelled as fast as i could and managed to join a guild just starting to do zg. ultimately we made it to vael and killed him before tbc was released. in tbc i managed to progress to illidan but didn't get to do sunwell i think we tried the first boss a couple times but we only raided 3 days a week.

for this classic re-release i've opted to tank, so far we've cleared upto rag, him and onyxia die today. been lucky with gear, at 55 i got ironfoe, got the 3 peice set bonus of might on sunday. going pretty well In total i think we have about 4 tanks and 1 dps warrior so far that have been in a raid, with me being probably the best geared tank atm. things are going well so, no reason to rage quit or anything. I do find classic rather boring in this phase though.

today my /played is at 17 days 20hrs, 6 days 19hrs at 60.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-01 at 11:21 AM.

what will you do with the data?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I played back then and I'm planning to get lvl 60 and then im gonna quit, there is nothing interesting for me at the end game
    it's just a nostalgia trip, and most of my friends already quit anyways (either started playing retail after a decade long break or just quit completely)

Played during original WoW Closed Beta.
    Played during Vanilla.
    Played during TBC.
    Played during WotLK.
    (Lets forget this part)
    Played a few times on a 3-4 different private servers.
    Played since start of the Classic.
    Dinged 60 2 days ago.
    Still going to play atleast for a few more months (but probably much more).
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-10-01 at 11:09 AM.

I think I misunderstood the question. I thought it was asking me my /played.

While i played in original vanilla, i was hyper casual and noobish. I didnt hit max lv untill BC. then I didnt start raiding till Wrath. I mained a hunter up through mid cata. I still have that hunter today but he was left to gather dust at lv 100.

I quit for the very first time in 6.2 since thatwas the worse expac ever. I joined kronos and i was obsessed. I recreated my old hunter and played non stop. Nost shut down and brought life to the server. My friend joined and we leveled together. I then hopped from P server to the next. played lights hope, elysium, northdale.

Classic is now here, I created my old hunter. Ive been lv 60 for a week now, nearly full BiS. 800g in. Im still playing. I even made an alt to play on the side when I need a break from dungeons and devilsaur farming.

But even so, there is still plenty of content to do at lv 60. I log on and I think to my self; What should I do today? I could; Devilsaur hunt, Mine thorium, farm Felcloth, run dungeons, pvp, rep grind. etc

I played less than 7 days then quit.

I couldn't get past the no multi tap on mobs.

Standing around, in a group of 5- with 5 other groups of 5 standing around too, all waiting for one kobold to spawn just to see what group was lucky enough to tag it just didn't seem like engaging gameplay to me.

I made the error of rolling a hunter. Very enjoyable class - but I guess its far lower in dps than other JUST dps classes so its hard to get raid spot - outside the 1 hunter they bring for un-enraging targets.

Who would've thought that a company like Blizz would have implemented a greatly weaker class than the rest that only has one job.

I must say playing, grinding and leveling were fun - I was enjoying them, but the desire was taken out of me - if this class will be rejected by 98% of raid groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started in TBC. Playing Classic since release and I love it so far. Dinged 37 today and definitely will level to 60 and do all solo player content available. Not going to PvP and raiding is questionable, might quit after that, but not anytime soon.

Been playing about 25 days or do. Got a few level 15-20+ characters.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    what will you do with the data?
    Sate their curiosity. It's our duty to comply!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I played less than 7 days then quit.

I couldn't get past the no multi tap on mobs.

Standing around, in a group of 5- with 5 other groups of 5 standing around too, all waiting for one kobold to spawn just to see what group was lucky enough to tag it just didn't seem like engaging gameplay to me.
    Was this on launch? Reason why I delayed playing the game by more than a month to let the masses rush through it.

I made it about 5 days in before I realized I'd rather be doing literally anything else.

Vanilla was fun because it was new, fresh, exciting and honestly there weren't very many good games competing with it at the time.

Classic is none of those things, and there are at least a dozen other games worth investing my time in. Can't play one that's so mind numbingly boring. I realized when I hit 24 on my Hunter that it just wasn't even a game, I was spending more brain energy watching youtube videos on my other monitor than I was questing because of how tedious and monotonous it was.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I started playing the day it launched.

At first, my guild was playing on a stupidly overcrowded server (4+ hour login queues were normal), so I played an alt on a different server. Eventually, they decided to take a free transfer to one of the new servers that didn't have a ridiculous queue, so I was able to start playing with them.

The downside is that I'm pretty far behind some of my guildies because of this. Some of them took time off work and basically no-lifed the game the first few days (4-hour queues and all), so by the time I started playing with them when they moved to a server with a reasonable login time, a lot of them were already 40+.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-01 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Been playing about 25 days or do. Got a few level 15-20+ characters.

Sate their curiosity. It's our duty to comply!

- - - Updated - - -

Was this on launch? Reason why I delayed playing the game by more than a month to let the masses rush through it.
    Yeah, but the whole point of classic is to build with the community. You need groups to do anything besides basic farming (and sometimes, you need groups to farm). By starting a month later- the whole community will be way ahead of you and working on other things, making it even more difficult to find groups.

After the first two nights, I took two weeks off because it was too much- it was taking forever just to complete a basic low level quest. I came back and there was much less camping on the mobs but it was much more difficult to find any type of group for anything as most of the server was already on to higher levels.

That's when I decided it wasn't really for me, I don't really have enough extra time to put all of this thought and planning just into playing one video game- not when there is so many more games out there.

I liked it when it originally launched (before I knew about things like multi tap and easy grouping tools). Back then I was impressed that there was an rpg where you could actually see the mobs (being used to ff where you walk around and didn't see the mobs) and where you could play races like trolls and orcs. I guess when Classic relaunched I learned that it just isn't 2004 for me anymore. I've moved on and expect the modern features. Running 100 miles to complete one quest (to me), now seems only to artificially lengthen the time it takes to complete a quest, it didn't make it more engaging. It actually made me like retail more because when I went back- I was happy to have all the modern amenities back.

I'm not much of a retro gamer though- I bought a lot of those old games in those collections etc- but I never play those either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but the whole point of classic is to build with the community. You need groups to do anything besides basic farming (and sometimes, you need groups to farm). By starting a month later- the whole community will be way ahead of you and working on other things, making it even more difficult to find groups.

After the first two nights, I took two weeks off because it was too much- it was taking forever just to complete a basic low level quest. I came back and there was much less camping on the mobs but it was much more difficult to find any type of group for anything as most of the server was already on to higher levels.

That's when I decided it wasn't really for me, I don't really have enough extra time to put all of this thought and planning just into playing one video game- not when there is so many more games out there.
    Idk what server you're on but the one I'm on there's still people looking for DM/Stockades/Gnomer etc all the way up to raiding MC/Ony (even got the Dragonslayer buff one day in SW).

There's also still too many people (imo) in questing zones lol. Guess I'm grateful I didn't end up on a top heavy mindset server.

Having a blast playing a class that is supposed to be subpar in comparison to other DPS. I play Affliction Lock and Top all the meters on every boss fight I do, by a fair margin. I am only lvl 41, but have a guildie that places 1st on every boss fight in MC except 2 by a fair margin. I love seeing Locks and Hunters doing great DPS there is so much more knowledge now that the supposed shitty specs are actually quite viable. Have heard of quite a few Ret pallies, Feral Druids with the crowd Pummler mace, Shadow Priests, and others doing very good DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked it when it originally launched (before I knew about things like multi tap and easy grouping tools). Back then I was impressed that there was an rpg where you could actually see the mobs (being used to ff where you walk around and didn't see the mobs) and where you could play races like trolls and orcs. I guess when Classic relaunched I learned that it just isn't 2004 for me anymore. I've moved on and expect the modern features. Running 100 miles to complete one quest (to me), now seems only to artificially lengthen the time it takes to complete a quest, it didn't make it more engaging. It actually made me like retail more because when I went back- I was happy to have all the modern amenities back.

I'm not much of a retro gamer though- I bought a lot of those old games in those collections etc- but I never play those either.
    IDK most people I know got to max level killed Rag and Ony then started leveling another character, hell my buddy did his warrior and started on his hunter and is already 28 on him he will catch me by next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I started playing the day it launched.

At first, my guild was playing on a stupidly overcrowded server (4+ hour login queues were normal), so I played an alt on a different server. Eventually, they decided to take a free transfer to one of the new servers that didn't have a ridiculous queue, so I was able to start playing with them.

The downside is that I'm pretty far behind some of my guildies because of this. Some of them took time off work and basically no-lifed the game the first few days (4-hour queues and all), so by the time I started playing with them when they moved to a server with a reasonable login time, a lot of them were already 40+. We also have a situation where a lot of other people in the same situation I am, and the ones who have been at 60 for a while now are getting bored, wanting to raid, etc.
    I am on Whitemane which is one of the heaviest population PVP servers and the Login Q's are down to less than 500, so takes like 10-15 mins to login which is perfect last night it was 135 Q took 2 mins. I am glad I stuck it out I don't want to be stuck on a dead server. Although we are stupidly skewed Horde/ Alliance at a rate of at least 70/30 I am fine with that since it will make PVP Q times very low for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got in on launch day, when players were forming queues in Coldridge Valley for quest items and named mobs. I'm having a lot of fun and plan to keep playing for the foreseeable future.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I played a hunter in classic for most of 2005, the only raids i did were dungeon raids, toward the latter half i tried to get a raid spot as a hunter applied to many guilds, chatted with a bunch of different recruitment officers best i could get was a sub spot. so i rerolled to a priest, levelled as fast as i could and managed to join a guild just starting to do zg. ultimately we made it to vael and killed him before tbc was released. in tbc i managed to progress to illidan but didn't get to do sunwell i think we tried the first boss a couple times but we only raided 3 days a week.

for this classic re-release i've opted to tank, so far we've cleared upto rag, him and onyxia die today. been lucky with gear, at 55 i got ironfoe, got the 3 peice set bonus of might on sunday. going pretty well In total i think we have about 4 tanks and 1 dps warrior so far that have been in a raid, with me being probably the best geared tank atm. things are going well so, no reason to rage quit or anything. I do find classic rather boring in this phase though.

today my /played is at 17 days 20hrs, 6 days 19hrs at 60.
    That's interesting. I took my sweet time in Vanilla on my hunter and actually raided a bit (it wasn't a priority for me back then, had too much fun doing other things) before BC dropped (where I spent a lot of time raiding).

I have several toons I'm working on in Classic...with my hunter being my main at this point again. I won't be in a position to raid at this point for several more months...which is completely fine.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I have been, especially since I was around and remembered how tedious certain aspects of the game were "back in the day." But, as its turned out, it's completely subsumed so-called retail for me. I feel kind of bad about it as the guild I was in has slowly died as a result, but that was a combination of classic being released, BfA being one of the worst expansions, and the last two patches being grossly underwhelming in one of the worst expansions. Not to mention several other games coming out recently.

Yet still there's a tinge of guilt nonetheless...

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm 60 now so the boring grind with close to zero progression has begun, not the kind of time wasting I'm into.

Classic felt like a D3 season, it's fun while there's progression and then you just do EXTREMELY OLD content for almost nothing and try to convince yourself it's fun to not get anything done.

On top of that the community is disgusting, almost everyone gets offended the moment you state a fact that is neutral about the game, if you don't say something 100% positive people think you're insulting their precious outdated game. Don't want to waste my time with that kind of thin skinned wrong opinion fact deniers. There was no one like that in 2005, if something was shit, we would say it, people would agree with the fact and we would move on, there was no one trying to defend something that was badly designed like there is today.

That level of delusion is not something I signed up for.