View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with classic?

Voters
594. This poll is closed
  • Classic is awesome!

359 60.44%
  • Like but not enough changes

55 9.26%
  • Like but too many changes

31 5.22%
  • Disappointed but still playing

33 5.56%
  • Already playing other games

116 19.53%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Leveling is fun. Coming home and logging on and doing some quests is generally a day brightener. Looking forward to raiding (if I am able too). So far, the new server I am on is pretty slow to getting new people. Already guild rivalries forming on my faction. Which is sorely missed part of the game (community).

Will have to see if the game continues to be enjoyable come later patches.

I am more or less curios how PVP rankings will work (no delusions of going for anything, even rank 10) especially on Full / High pop servers.

Not at all. It has escalated drama between the two communities more than I expected, and is increasingly hard to support with as many exploits and cheats people have been able to pull off.

Sad to say it, but Private server launches went better than this has.

The game is great at its core, but there is just too much drama surrounding it one way or another to enjoy right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Not at all. It has escalated drama between the two communities more than I expected, and is increasingly hard to support with as many exploits and cheats people have been able to pull off.

Sad to say it, but Private server launches went better than this has.

The game is great at its core, but there is just too much drama surrounding it one way or another to enjoy right now.
    why do you care about drama? lol

oh and im definitely satisfied.. i dont think they've done their best, i think the best would've been going through different patches starting from 1.0 etc., but i wanted to play wow and i cant play retail cuz its awful, so im enjoying classic and waiting for TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I've switched out some gear and its a little better but dps warriors that charge in and whirlwind its impossible to grab all the mobs back, mages that aoe isn't so bad so long as they are on the ball with frost nova and their blizzard slows. I can't complain that much I just got likely the first crusader on the first ironfoe, my tps is insane with procs but because ppl just unload at the start i'm constantly fighting aggro grabbing it losing another mob. running around frantically trying to gather everything up. its better now but for a while it was terrible i'd lose all the mobs all the time. levelling up it wasn't so bad as ppls gear was kinda meh, but as ppl get more gear they do more dps, makes it harder to keep aggro once you lose it.
    People are still used to retail wow. They see the tank charge and they start bursting already instead of sheeping and giving you 4secs and targeting your target. My advise when you join such a group is to wield a 2handed weapon and just go DPS. Of course some pulls you'll have to equip your shield.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Knew exactly what Classic was and so far it met every expectation, good and bad.
    Only problem so far is I'm 2 levels below 40 and only half way with gold for a mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOVE IT!

The only issue I have is LFG channel is 80% LF spell cleave or melee cleave.
    Somewhat difficult to get group as druid. Very few people understand how often a good druid will save a wipe by brez, off heals and switching to bear when shit gets real to off tank. I had planned to tank the whole time but I dps most of the time now because NOBODY understands how tanks need to get threat. Always rage starved and chasing adds all over the fucking place since almost everyone runs away from tank with adds chasing them. People just can't figure the basics out. Retail wow has severely ruined dungeons. Don't give a rats ass what people keep saying, it was nothing like this in vanilla.
    Don't get me wrong, I still find groups and am having a great time but FFS, you do not need to stack mages, locks and warriors to quickly clear dungeons.
    I have been in many cleave groups and many times too big of puls and half cocked tanks (and dps that purposely pull more adds) wipe groups making the run arguably slower than a "normal" comp.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Unless I'm reading the dates wrong, Naxx wasn't even fully cleared until after 1.12 came out so I'm not sure why your guild gave up with that patch.
    Please lets be serious for a second. Only ~200 players world-wide cleared naxx in its existence. Thats not really much if we take 40m raid size into the picture.

Not sure if I understood your posting, its either trolling or you made a joke I clearly dont get.

I still think Classic is a great idea for ultra casuals. The seasonal/at best LFR-players on my f-list are playing Classic - some are into the 45-60 range and a few even did some dungeons/raiding allready. I don't really get why they don't just use Retail LFR with a bit more of casual content to spend some gaming time, but I guess some people are just into seasonal stuff like expansion releases for a few weeks.

I can't really see any differences in retail in the content I do. PUG raids are just as much ongoing as pre-Classic and you can spam m+ keys 24/7 even on the alliance side. I don't do LFR/normal stuff in Retail, so I dont know how many casual players migrated to classic, but thats a playerbase I rarely ever get in touch with.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-09-17 at 03:30 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Please lets be serious for a second. Only ~200 players world-wide cleared naxx in its existence. Thats not really much if we take 40m raid size into the picture.
    it was more than 200..

Incredibly happy, this is the game I fell in love with, and I can enjoy it again

Classic has been a massive success in my mind. I have enjoyed the nostalgia, which is what this game is. Nostalgia wears off at different rates for different people, but as of right now it is working for me.

It is a change of pace that still feels very familiar. The core game works well. It is a slowed down game that I don't have to worry about pacing and when I achieve what, I can just play it without worrying about the things that make retail feel like a job at times. I am also excited to eventually raid and see how it goes with a more sophisticated raiding community.

Will the nostalgia eventually fade and the game get old? Of course it will, but this is true of all games, eventually you get bored.

Not perfect, but am enjoying it immensely, I didn't try to powerlevel, am 52 now.

Should be fun for the months ahead!

I'm just happy ppl realized how bad classic is and went straight back to BfA raiding,pvp and other classic non existant stuff.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it was more than 200..
    Yep a couple of thousand, still pretty low compared to the playerbase though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    I'm just happy ppl realized how bad classic is and went straight back to BfA raiding,pvp and other classic non existant stuff.
    There was always going to be some, maybe you are in that camp, it's probably the minority though. There was always going to be people who were switching back no matter what, the tourists so to speak.

There is still server queue's on dozen's of server's every night, classic has been a huge success and is here to stay. You might not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy it, but so far, so good. It's slow, and sometimes painful, but whatevs, vanilla is all about shared suffering lol
    I'm happy enough for now, and by time I'm not, new xpac will be out on retail, and by time I'm bored with that, new patch in classic.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it was more than 200..
    It was about 50 guilds. Maybe he mean't 2000 not 200.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2019-09-17 at 03:53 PM.

Kinda disappointed because I expected blizzard servers to be better than private servers, but hey we got layering, exploits, tons of classes have bug, massive queues and instability at launch and the community on my server is quite bad (massive population and retail players (i guess ?) acting very selfishly are part of the reason why)

If i didn't have friends and the guild playing on the server i'm in I would have quit fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The TBC-nerf-patch made EVERYTHING in vanilla accessible for the casual players never ever set foot in MC/BWL/++.

You are playing the Vanilla-LFR version with "welfare epics" since every caster gear got overbuffed in green/blue to above 1.1 raid tier epics.

I am just surprised that so many people are able to enjoy this LFR version for so long.

#nochanges wanted the last 2 months of vanilla as the baseline for classic and this shitty version is now what you all got to enjoy
    err are you high,

The TBC patch was 2.0 and that is drastically different to 1.12.

There is no doubt 1.12 is on a higher power lvl than 1.2 area, but the gear available is not from 1.12, it's just the backend.

It was the right move by blizz to do it this way

Like the solo part because some quests are really hard without a group.
    However the layering, the crazy race to 60, the 30 seconds boss kills in MC makes me question myself what I am investing time on this for. For me atm it looks like a huge show off for streamers and some private server no lifers that took 10 years to practice a couple of raids to perfection. Such a time investment looks to me as a nonsense, specially since they choose to extend it for a couple more years. Who knows , maybe the plan is to sell raids for...what can you sell in classic ? There are no mounts, no transmog, no achievements. Naxx tier and legendaries ?
    Still waiting for a logical answer, other than not wanting to get challenged by new things.

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Kinda disappointed because I expected blizzard servers to be better than private servers, but hey we got layering, exploits, tons of classes have bug, massive queues and instability at launch and the community on my server is quite bad (massive population and retail players (i guess ?) acting very selfishly are part of the reason why)

If i didn't have friends and the guild playing on the server i'm in I would have quit fast.
    What was probably more than a million people were trying to log in, the same second, worldwide, and you expected it to be perfect? lol

The bugs are pretty minor really, and once found are patched quickly. As for community, my server is great, so it depends on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdand131980 View Post
    Like the solo part because some quests are really hard without a group.
    However the layering, the crazy race to 60, the 30 seconds boss kills in MC makes me question myself what I am investing time on this for. For me atm it looks like a huge show off for streamers and some private server no lifers that took 10 years to practice a couple of raids to perfection. Such a time investment looks to me as a nonsense, specially since they choose to extend it for a couple more years. Who knows , maybe the plan is to sell raids for...what can you sell in classic ? There are no mounts, no transmog, no achievements. Naxx tier and legendaries ?
    Still waiting for a logical answer, other than not wanting to get challenged by new things.
    Put simply, the journey. MC/Ony was never going to be super challenging, but later raid tiers will be. Of course expert guilds with seasoned vanilla players will do it quickly and efficiently, but many are either seeing it for the first time, or have not seen it for 15 years like me.

You can create your own story, your own journey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    What was probably more than a million people were trying to log in, the same second, worldwide, and you expected it to be perfect? lol

The bugs are pretty minor really, and once found are patched quickly. As for community, my server is great, so it depends on that front.
    I didn't expect it to be perfect, but i at least expected that Blizzard, a big company with years of experience would have at least provided a better paid experience than a few guys doing that in their home as a hobby.

The bugs are pretty minor ? Tell that to every hunter, their class is bugged as hell.

As one of the Apes raider said (mn i believe ?) It's nice to have blizzard guaranteed long term stability but if a private server was released in that state nowadays it would have been considered pretty bad quality.