Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Those at level 55+...how are things going?

Post your thoughts of you are 55+ and going strong. Getting enough people for the dungeons? Anyone raiding, how is that going?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 5 bars from 56, only done 1 dungeon run so far so can't really comment on getting people for dungeons. One thing I am worried about is running out of quest to get to 60

Finding people for dungeons can take a while sometimes, took a whole hour to get an UBRS run together, that was with whispering people. Pugged MC, went half ok, coulda gone better, at least we had 40 level 60s. Certain farm spots (Crusader Enchant) are overcrowded as fuck making that annoying (although I got mine after 20 minutes, go figure.)

Farmed nearly everything I need from dungeons, so soon the only content Ill have left is rep grinding (although Timbermaw enchants arent in the game yet) and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Post your thoughts of you are 55+ and going strong. Getting enough people for the dungeons? Anyone raiding, how is that going?
    Many people are raiding and I am getting ez groups from my guild.

Over the last two days I’ve seen significant increases in people looking for endgame dungeons.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Today was the day i broke my "1 level per day" rule...and im only level 45 i cant imagine what you guys been through.

But i think i will just do Dungeons everyday to farm loot at those levels.
    Not sure though.

Level 58 and haven't really been looking for dungeon groups yet, but I have noticed very few groups actually looking for people in this level range. Most groups are still looking for DM, Stocks, and SM. Anyone at this level needs to /who and whisper anyone in level range if they want to go. Seems like our sever is a bit slow, but I did notice they put together a 27 man pug for Molten Core.

Going well. Hit 55 today and i have found my self being in a weird position, most dungeongroups i see announced for is either above or below my level range and it has been like that my entire leveling period. It is a bit odd. A lot of LBRS/UBRS/Scholo/Strat runs being announced. A lot of Maraudon/ZF/Gnomeregan/SM etc groups also, but almost no ST or BRD groups. My guess is because most people do them with guildmates and dont need random pugs.

But i had a nice moment today when Stockade Pauldrons droped of a lvl 55 non elite Plaguedog in E.Plaguelands.
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-09-21 at 03:25 AM.

Im at 58 now and doing the plaguelands, fantastic areas imo, the atmosphere and feeling are top notch. Have 2-3 high areas as well to do and already skipped 2-3 areas during leveling, so dont know why ppl were saying prelaunch you even have to farm xp to reach 60.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    One thing I am worried about is running out of quest to get to 60
    That's not possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    got to 60, did molten core all the way, onyxia in 1 pull.
    yeah its fun but i think its worn off, at this point i am taking a break for along time, just playing to get footage.
    cause now at this point the stuff is just needing to shadowbolt spam is tiresome.

it eventually became just while in raid i would play hearthstone while spamming shadowbolt, then wanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's not possible.
    yes, yes it very much is, as someone who got to 60 through quests, not doing dungeons, you very much run out of quests, and eventually need to just start grinding. for atleast a level. 2 levels if you cant get a group for the elite quests at level 58.

Cause i did Winterspring all the way through.
    I did felwood all the way through, not a single quest left in any of these zones im listing
    I did eastern and western plaguelands all the way through.
    i did blasted lands all but an elite questline down there (The lost soldier stuff)
    I even did what i could of the onyxia atunement up to "do UBRS" i even did the molten core attunment.
    i had done burnign steppes all the way through, but thats alittle bit lower level.
    i had done literally every quest in every zone 54+
    still had to do dungeon quests for the last level and a half.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-09-21 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The smartest thing for everyone at ~54 is DON'T DO ANY QUESTZONES, but grind dungeons. Get your gear from brd, at 56/7 do lbrs and all the other high dungeons. Do the quests once you are lvl 60 and earn a lot of gold by doing so.

If you only quest you are missing out of a lot of gold, loot and also running out of quests anyway. Also you have something to do at 60 when there is dungeon downtime.

just got my epic mount and still on the hunt for some pre BIS gear for the hit cap (hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, yes it very much is, as someone who got to 60 through quests, not doing dungeons, you very much run out of quests, and eventually need to just start grinding. for atleast a level. 2 levels if you cant get a group for the elite quests at level 58.
    You're either a liar or incompetent.

I've leveled SEVERAL characters to 60, and I'd say the 50-60 is even probably the single bracket most overflowing with quests. Even without doing any dungeon nor any elite quest, you can EASILY reach 60 on questing alone.
    Of course, it requires actually changing zones. That's probably the problem for people used to be spoonfed.

lv 60 for a week now, killed rag twice, 2 slots away from pre bis, got bendection and crafted my epic robe and working towards epic mount. also sitting on 400+ herbs

enjoying the hell outta classic, haven't blasted a game so hard since like forever.

actually happy uni is starting again this week, really need to get out of the house again :P

7+ Year Old Account
    You're either a liar or incompetent.

I've leveled SEVERAL characters to 60, and I'd say the 50-60 is even probably the single bracket most overflowing with quests. Even without doing any dungeon nor any elite quest, you can EASILY reach 60 on questing alone.
    Of course, it requires actually changing zones. That's probably the problem for people used to be spoonfed.
    question, what zones did you go to, to do these quests to get you from 56-60, can you list them all please?
    also funny you say "Several" that implies atleast 3, which means your leveling one every week, which sounds pretty fucking quick mate. i would love to see these several level 60's
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-09-21 at 10:12 AM.

instant groups most likely. if you play atleast halfway decent(in classic= not overaggro every pull,afk around, pull left and right) and behave friendly everyone wants to dungeon with you.

question, what zones did you go to, to do these quests to get you from 58-60, can you list them all please?
    You can't manage to start Google and look at the listing of 50+ zones ? Well, spoonfed people as I said...

So let me hold your hand through this difficult trial :
    The tail end of Searing Gorge, Felwood, Un'Goro, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, Azshara, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, Winterspring, Sillithus (not a lot to do yet though here).
    also funny you say "Several" that implies atleast 3, which means your leveling one every week, which sounds pretty fucking quick mate. i would love to see these several level 60's
    Erf derp, you remember that Vanilla existed and some people aren't victim of Alzheimer's disease ?
    Also, ever heard of private servers during the last 14 years ?

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't manage to start Google and look at the listing of 50+ zones ? Well, spoonfed people as I said...

So let me hold your hand through this difficult trial :
    The tail end of Searing Gorge, Felwood, Un'Goro, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, Azshara, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, Winterspring, Sillithus (not a lot to do yet though here).

Erf derp, you remember that Vanilla existed and some people aren't victim of Alzheimer's disease ?
    Also, ever heard of private servers during the last 14 years ?
    1. i didnt need to google, because i knew what zones i did, and actually in prep, cause i know EXACTLY that you would do this, because of your history of praising totally accurate illegal servers, and right out being wrong 99% of the time, i edited a recent post of mine to put there the zones i did. well before you made your post, so you wouldnt then go "you just said "i did" to everything i wrote"
    2. Searing gorge end yep did that, felwood yep, ungoro yep, west and east yet, azshara yep, blasted lands yep, burning stepps yep, winterspring yep and oh look, we will talk about this in the next post
    Cause i did Winterspring all the way through.
    I did felwood all the way through, not a single quest left in any of these zones im listing
    I did eastern and western plaguelands all the way through.
    i did blasted lands all but an elite questline down there (The lost soldier stuff)
    I even did what i could of the onyxia atunement up to "do UBRS" i even did the molten core attunment.
    i had done burnign steppes all the way through, but thats alittle bit lower level.
    i had done literally every quest in every zone 54+
    still had to do dungeon quests for the last level and a half.

3. "I played vanilla 15 years ago but totally remember it perfectly" i am sure you do man, i am 100% sure you have a mind capable of perfectly remembering exactly what quests you did 15 years ago, its not like the human memeory is well known for being absolute shit, and even things longer then only a few weeks are usually thrown out as worthless in court because of how HORRIBLE the mind is as keeping factual track of things

4. oh yes illegal servers, famous for their 50% more exp from quests 50+ and famous for their accuracy. yep. also famous for having the silithus quests and eastern plaguelands quests both in at launch, even though they wernt added till later, as you say "silithus, not a lot to do yet though here" nah "not a lot" implies there is anything to do there, there is literally not a single quest that starts in the zone of silithus. There is TWO quests chains that send you here, hydraxian, and the night elf one, but thats it.

but mate, you are a sad man, using illegal servers as your basis of calling people wrong, and your totally 100% accurate memeory of a video game 15 years ago to try and discredit actual factual proof? nah mate. sod off.

Moonglade: not in till phase 2
    felwood: elite quests, and one of them is a bug, tip top one requires rep with timbermaw being MUCH higher
    winterspring: elite and horde only
    as you can see rest are low level as in way too low level, and most of these are bugged as i already did them long ago. or are not in yet.
    darnasus: "More runecloth" i turned in all cloths to all cities.

Dungeons, or elite quests, or like in right side of eastern kingdoms, not in the game yet.
    also in burning steppes one of those is a warlock quest not in the game till phase 2

i havent quests except some dungeion stuff and attunements since i hit 60, so yeah.

i got to 58, ran outta quests.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-09-21 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    painfully slow. Stopped logging in when friends are offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.