Classic Fury Warrior - Piercing Howl

Hello everybody,

I wanted to hear the thoughts of other warriors concerning the opportunity of spec'ing into Piercing Howl for a DPS raiding build.

I have finally put my hands on Rend's MH and I am about to go from a Fury-2H build to a standard Fury-DW (17/34/0).

Unfortunately, the standard Fury-DW build cannot easily save points for one of my favorite talents, Piercing Howl.

Besides its great utility for tanking 5-man dungeons and PvP, it is a powerful tool in other contexts, too. Kiting adds on Razorgore comes to mind. Surely, I can respec before BWL. However, the skill is useful in many circumstances and can also be understood as a DPS increase on trash pulls and boss fights with adds where some soft crowd-control may help the warrior or anybody else to control the fight and ultimately stay alive.

Long story short, do you believe it is worth taking? Is it worth to sacrifice 1 point in Improved Battle Shout for Piercing Howl?
    Finally, I am aware that only one warrior per group needs Improved Battle Shout, but I do not have a stable group composition yet, thus I have to spec for myself and my general utility.

Thank you, any insight and commentary will be appreciated!

5/5 vs 4/5 Imp Battle Shout is 290 vs 278.4 AP - not much, that's definitely where I would sacrifice a point if it came to it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warheart View Post
    5/5 vs 4/5 Imp Battle Shout is 290 vs 278.4 AP - not much, that's definitely where I would sacrifice a point if it came to it
    ^^^^^ Indeed
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Considering there will be literally no dps checks until Naxx is released (due to classic being released in a later patch version) spec how you want I always rolled piercing howl. It's a wicked utility to have. As you said it's great for fights like Razorgore and other heavy add fights.

Piercing Howl can also be a very strong 5 man tanking tool if used well, and Fury is perfectly viable for 5 man content, so it is a nice tool to have if you ever want to tank.