Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Sylvanas bites the dust and "pay" for what she done, the horde goes back to what was supposed to be.
    What was it supposed to be? In game, the characters actions seem random & beligerent, but in the book she says she wants to secure the Horde's hold over Kalimdor. Everyone, including the story itself is playing up how monsterous she is but everything she's doing seems totally rational.

Destroying her own capital to cover her people's escape
    Conspiring with the Alliance is treason
    Killing Jaina like she did to the Sunreavers
    Saurfang being suicidal....what is she supposed to do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What was it supposed to be? In game, the characters actions seem random & beligerent, but in the book she says she wants to secure the Horde's hold over Kalimdor. Everyone, including the story itself is playing up how monsterous she is but everything she's doing seems totally rational.

Killing Jaina like she did to the Sunreavers
    Yes. So rational. It was so rational when she sent my Horde character, Nathanos, and Theron into a trap that almost resulted in their deaths and the annihilation of their forces. What a surprise, perhaps the Old God artifact that has an infamous history of whispers is not to be trusted.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Genocidal mess, but this time it screams about honor?
    like i said, it can't please everyone, but a good amount.

"secure" over kalimdor was clearly a facade since she wanted stormwind, there is not much rational moves from her in bfa, teldrasil being the most irrational.
    they escaped without her destroying, if the plan was to evacuated it could be done better without losing so much soldiers.

like she did with her sisters before?

not cause this in the first place?

I don't think you all understand just how SAD Saurfang is. SAD about HONOR.

Sylvanas bites the dust and "pay" for what she done, the horde goes back to what was supposed to be.
    An insufferable bore that exists only to stay off-screen or participate in 'neutral plots' where every major character is Alliance-themed? There's a reason the muh honor Thrall-style Horde only lasted two expansions before Blizzard wisely spaced it. And even then it had the Forsaken added so it could sustain actual conflict.

A reversion to it and pretending 15 years didn't happen is not just a copout, it's a narrative dead end, just like it was when it was first concluded.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-09-23 at 09:13 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yes. So rational. It was so rational when she sent my Horde character, Nathanos, and Theron into a trap that almost resulted in their deaths and the annihilation of their forces. What a surprise, perhaps the Old God artifact that has an infamous history of whispers is not to be trusted.
    Are you talking about Naz'jatar....? Are you saying she was somehow supposed to anticipate the ocean to just open up & swallow (the alliance too) her ships, on a routine trip characters make every day? Also it's not whispering anymore it's empty. It's not any more dangerous than the player wielding, say, the Scythe that created the Worgen or the fucking remains of Frostmorne

5+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna' see Baine and Anduin make it through.

I feel like Genn will kick the bucket tho, Nathanos too maybe since it has to be a 1 for 1 like what happened on the BS.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Are you talking about Naz'jatar....? Are you saying she was somehow supposed to anticipate the ocean to just open up & swallow (the alliance too) her ships, on a routine trip characters make every day? Also it's not whispering anymore it's empty. It's not any more dangerous than the player wielding, say, the Scythe that created the Worgen or the fucking remains of Frostmorne
    I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, because I thought the dagger (not Xal'athath, maybe just some residual energy left in the weapon) told her something like "Go here and you will win!" and she naively trusted it. But the dagger did not even talk to her? So she just came up on her own of going into that specific part of the ocean, which happened to coincide with the outskirts of Nazjatar, and she claims that a simple dagger will be the key to their victory?

Yeah, she's a psycho. Luckily her days as Warchief are numbered.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-09-23 at 09:15 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    They really screwed the story with teldrassil burning. I do not now if there is a satisfying way to end the campaign and not be obnoxious about it.

I think the only way this gets mildly acceptable is to fully let the consequences play out and maybe step up the stakes.

The consequences would be: Alliance in-fighting, Sylvannas needs to run, Tyrande going crazy on her vengeance, Anduin leadership being put into question...

Hell, there is so many spinning plates that I don't even know where to start.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    An insufferable bore that exists only to stay off-screen or participate in 'neutral plots' where every major character is Alliance-themed?
    indisputable will still please most of the general playerbase from both factions, if ts good or not is another subject.

Most of the horde don't like being the evil genocidal guys while playing races who are not forsaken or elves, and blizzard trying to paint a moral gray meme don't help either

A reversion to it and pretending 15 years didn't happen is not just a copout, it's a narrative dead end, just like it was when it was first concluded.
    going full retarded like we have being doing is also dead end

indisputable will still please most of the general playerbase from both factions, if ts good or not is another subject.

Most of the horde don't like being the evil genocidal guys while playing races who are not forsaken or elves and blizzard trying to paint a moral gray meme don't help either
    Possibly, but said people were wrong then and are wrong now. Blizzard shifting track from this idealized noblesavage stereotype in Wrath was among their best calls and their constant attempts to revert to the WC3 status quo have consistently produced the most wretched storylines in the game's history, namely Mists and BFA.

A faction that cannot sustain conflict, has no internal differentiation and has all its prior conduct ignored is a boring faction, indeed, one who's absence can only improve its component races. See the current Alliance for the best example.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone questioning anduin?

He’s successfully, with the help of his council, built the strongest alliance Azeroth has ever seen, won every major conflict against the horde thus far, and made the rational decision to not spread his troops thin over a already lost foothold on the farthest end of a continent on the other end of the world while he is WINNING the real war.

Retaking the home land is not a major decisive victory for the alliance, nor will it give anything to the alliance as a absolutely destroyed territory.

His one and only misstep was not attempting to kill Sylvanas outright but instead attempting to put her to justice, because he’s NOT an insane murder junkie. The EXACT SAME THING Varian did when he ALLOWED the pandarian to take Garrosh as prisoner.

In siege the alliance won, the horde was in ruins, Varian could have killed every who stood against the alliance but chose the diplomatic route and EVERYONE loved his character, meanwhile his SON followed in his footsteps and is dragged across the coals.

No sense ever comes from people on mmochamp.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    How sad is it the second a character has the slightest degree of depth some people elect to act like petulant children about it. Have fun with your one dimensional characters I guess
    Do you have a moment to talk about HONOR and how it may yet be reclaimed?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    Why is everyone questioning anduin?

He’s successfully, with the help of his council, built the strongest alliance Azeroth has ever seen, won every major conflict against the horde thus far, and made the rational decision to not spread his troops thin over a already lost foothold on the farthest end of a continent on the other end of the world while he is WINNING the real war.

Retaking the home land is not a major decisive victory for the alliance, nor will it give anything to the alliance as a absolutely destroyed territory.

His one and only misstep was not attempting to kill Sylvanas outright but instead attempting to put her to justice, because he’s NOT an insane murder junkie. The EXACT SAME THING Varian did when he ALLOWED the pandarian to take Garrosh as prisoner.

In siege the alliance won, the horde was in ruins, Varian could have killed every who stood against the alliance but chose the diplomatic route and EVERYONE loved his character, meanwhile his SON followed in his footsteps and is dragged across the coals.

No sense ever comes from people on mmochamp.
    Mostly because he’s a priest that shows human emotions and not some cave man with low emotional intelligence.

Also some treat him as a full grown adult instead of giving the TEENAGER some opportunity to grow in the story with wins and losses.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2019-09-23 at 09:36 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I don’t think you appreciate just how sad Saurfang is mister!
    You're still around? Haven't seen you in ages.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Lich King shows up. Silv working for him the whole time. Her plan is to kill as many Horde/Alliance to continue to fuel the army to combat the coming Void. If one thing is clear, someone wants everyone on Azeroth Dead. Silv don't want to do it but faces a a choice, as to if this is the best way to fight the void. Undeath.

Next expansion is focused heavily on the Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstorm View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Lich King shows up. Silv working for him the whole time. Her plan is to kill as many Horde/Alliance to continue to fuel the army to combat the coming Void. If one thing is clear, someone wants everyone on Azeroth Dead. Silv don't want to do it but faces a a choice, as to if this is the best way to fight the void. Undeath.

Next expansion is focused heavily on the Undead.
    I think this is true, but not for those reasons. The introduction of Talia & Sylvanas growing too popular might make The Lich King want to support the Alliance to counter her growing too powerful. I mean, Bolvar always was an Alliance man. I want a reverse Wrath situation where we use necromantic powers to fight N'zoth. Perhaps that was Nerzul's plan all along....

Here's my hot take prediction:
    Sylvanas will attack Stormwind and lose to Anduin goodness. The cinematic will show her tied up on a chair and all the Horde and Alliance leaders surround her. Anduin then rips off her face which turns out to be a mask...
    It was Arthas all along. (pic related)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Possibly, but said people were wrong then and are wrong now. Blizzard shifting track from this idealized noblesavage stereotype in Wrath was among their best calls and their constant attempts to revert to the WC3 status quo have consistently produced the most wretched storylines in the game's history, namely Mists and BFA.
    right, but Sylvanas is not and will never will be the answer to that, we should not work with 8 or 80

They can still bring a cata lv of Horde, Garrosh was fine there, they can still pull out a good leader without him being a peacemonger alliance sympathizer or a genocidal monster

the point still is how they keep making the 2 faction team up to beat an evil guy, with a genocida leader this is stupid and sometimes you end up tem up to beat the leader, with a peacemonger you cant' have conflict and faction skirmishes he end up deposed like vol'jin, with a middle term things can be arranged even if its not the perfect thing

i know neither saurfang and thrall are the best choices overall, but right now they are the only placeholders worth until someone else rise up, i bet thrall son could be a Drannosh we never had with Saurfang guidance until he die

Is this or Baine and fuck, i rather have the goblin.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You're still around? Haven't seen you in ages.
    I'll always be here to make fun of the human and orc jerkfest the warcraft lore turned into, I shall always be here when needed most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You know how you probably thought that was funny? It wasn't
    That joke has about as much thought put into it as the writers put into Saurfang's character.

Such a touching moral lesson, it is sad when people die.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol