Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Was Queen Azshara behind burning Teldrasil all along?

With the latest war campaign wrapped up and Sylvanas true motives revealed is it possible she's been the true puppet all along or was it just an effort to get in Azshara's good books

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems unlikely. I would think it was just about Sylvanas being cruel and hateful towards life and hope.

Brought that point across too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
    With the latest war campaign wrapped up and Sylvanas true motives revealed is it possible she's been the true puppet all along or was it just an effort to get in Azshara's good books
    Created a new account to grasp at straws?

No she wasn't, Sylvanas' goal was to capture it till she got triggered by the word hope, just as she got triggered by it at the gates of Orgrimmar.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Created a new account to grasp at straws?

No she wasn't, Sylvanas' goal was to capture it till she got triggered by the word hope, just as she got triggered by it at the gates of Orgrimmar.
    Creating new accounts to post threads that are grasping at straws is bread and butter for this forum

Just thought it was an interesting point ������ and I always read the comments on here just never really posted anything and thought it might be a perfect time.

It's definitely possible as we don't know how long they have been working together along with Azshara's hatred of the night elves

Sylvanas was Just making a cool BBQ party at the beach to celebrate the victory over the Legion, you people just got it all wrong!

But seriously, Sylvanas did it on her own, either because she was triggered by a dying Nightelf nobody or because she planned it all along and was just looking for an "excuse". Maybe we will find out later or maybe we will have to go with this assumption forever. There is however no suggestion that she was influenced by anybody to do this.

Our only straw to grasp is from the pre BfA leaks, that were accurate about 90% of the features of this expansion and also said that "one of the characters we know is actually dead for years and is replaced by an old god puppet". So Sylvanas might turn out being a void tentacle in the end at all, which I see as highly unlikely. There was no evidence to this until now, like for any other twist of events. That would be also a very cheap twist, yet not really unsurprising with the current story creation team.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait, sylvanas and aszhara are on friendly terms?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Whoever was behind it is the one that left 'rage' as the prevalent and enhanced emotion that was left in Sylvanas when she was raised as an undead being. This point has been mentioned in BtS, before that it was hinted at several times, although not as strongly as since then and also not really spelled out like that. But since they spelled it out, her rage has been not only a detriment to her plans but also been the catalyst of a possible falling out within the Alliance (with pissing off the Nightelves the way it did).
    So my guess is an Old God did it and now it starts paying off by making her lose part of her army (the Horde, with her latest fit of rage) plus also splintering a possible future enemy that may otherwise come at him/them united (because it made the Nightelves turn away from a possible combined Alliance/Horde force like the Might of Kalimdor)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought it was an interesting point ������ and I always read the comments on here just never really posted anything and thought it might be a perfect time.

It's definitely possible as we don't know how long they have been working together along with Azshara's hatred of the night elves
    Azshara never hated the Night Elves, that would require her to consider them worthy of her attention. She views them as sheep to be led according to her will. She doesn't view them as beings worthy of her emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They are not.

But people seem to misconstrue "Sylvanas wants to bring N'zoth to Azeroth" as "Azshara and Sylvanas have the same goal, and are therefore allies."

Sylvanas wants to bring N'zoth to Azeroth so she can kill him, and raise him in service of death. She says as much in the loyalist cinematic at the end of the war campaign.
    Azshara wants to bring N'zoth to Azeroth so she can rule it, as N'zoth promised her. (Unlikely to be true, but that's what she wants.)
    Friendly I don't know, because I don't think that either Azshara or Sylvanas are on actual friendly terms with anyone, but Sylvanas at least confirms a deal they made in the last cinematic that may yet come to fruition. So yes, they are allies. Probably temporarily and purely out of convenience, but allies nonetheless.
    Azshara may even have wanted to use Sylvanas to get rid of N'Zoth. But I guess that backfired

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.

But it's NOT an interesting point... it's a point only a blind loyalist fan who's had their hopes dashed on the rocks could pretend.
    I get it, your hero is sucksors, shit happens.
    /shrug
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I do think both Sylvanas and Azshara were attempting to use each other for their own ends - Sylvanas assisted Azshara in bringing N'zoth to Azeroth that she could kill him and bring him into service of whatever Death thing she's been insisting on, but thus far we have no indication Azshara helped Sylvanas with anything at all.
    Well, Azshara helped Sylvanas to get rid of a large part of Alliance forces including lots of their navy and Sylvanas delivered the heroes with the heart to Azshara for her plan to release N'Zoth.
    Although I do agree that probably both things weren't as effective or completely went the way Azshara and Sylvanas wanted, which is why Sylvanas says their deal 'may yet come to fruition', implying it didn't do so yet.
    I also think that this deal has only come into play right before or even after Crucible of Storms, when the Horde players were made to bring Sylvanas Xal'atath. Any way the two worked for a possible common cause before that in my opinion was completely accidental (or a very subtle Old God plot playing on emotions alone and no actual mind-messing stuff), so I agree completely that Teldrassil had nothing to do with Azshara.... maybe apart from her watching the carnage from below and cheering^^.

no, it was glorious Sylvanas that burned the filthy tree huggers clubhouse

7+ Year Old Account
    People are still trying.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Wait, sylvanas and aszhara are on friendly terms?
    Sylvanas made a deal with Aszhara, as she did with Helya.

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    Sylvanas made a deal with Aszhara, as she did with Helya.
    Which notably doesn't mean that they like one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting the horde's atrocities are caused by some other forces? That's a stale excuse by now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Are you suggesting the horde's atrocities are caused by some other forces? That's a stale excuse by now lol
    the poor, misunderstood, HONORable, Anduin-approved orcs dindu nuffin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    the poor, misunderstood, HONORable, Anduin-approved orcs dindu nuffin
    It's all about the H O N O R boiiiii

nah just poor writing