The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    After this press conference everyone is going to be rushing to the exits to make sure they aren't the fall guy, Sondland saw the writing on the wall and threw Trump under the bus. It's now every rat for themselves since they all know Trump doesn't have their back.
    Hoo boy are they ever. Mahoney fucked up like no one else in awhile. Ever Rudy's insanity was always filtered through "what did he really mean". Mahoney just admitted he and his boss (Resident Trump) committed multiple felonies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think things are going to get dirty from here on in.

Of course it'll be a moot point if Trump croaks. (He is older than Elijah Cummings, and despite claims, not in the best of health)
    ...however that would be a hell of an anticlimactic note.
    It certainly would. I would take any avenue that included Trump's exit, but that's the worst choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Wow...just wow. You're really going to be that fucking pedantic....January 20 vs. February? I'm done with your dishonest horseshit.

"I have been calling for and talking about impeachment of this president since his inauguration." - Maxine Waters
    Trump broke the fucking law, when he wouldn't divest from the Trump Hotel in Washington DC. He broke the law with the Emoluments Clause. Which is why that lawsuit and subpoenas going through the courts. Which is why with the Doral announcement with the G-7 and inviting Putin, would be a VERY BAD IDEA. But you don't care about facts, you care about defending a wannabe-dictator, that thinks he is above the law. So, you can get out of here with this stupid argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Since Pelsoi fears an official inquiry vote I hold little faith she will move further with this as an official impeachment. Only time will answer this.
    Again, DO I NEED TO BREAK THE FUCKING CRAYONS OUT AND DRAW YOU A PICTURE? She doesn't fucking have to. And don't whine about precedent when Republicans have failed just about every precedent EVER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Come on now, his spelling and grammar aren't THAT much of an atrocity.
    Think he is talking about the genocide of our now former allies the Kurds.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hoo boy are they ever. Mahoney fucked up like no one else in awhile. Ever Rudy's insanity was always filtered through "what did he really mean". Mahoney just admitted he and his boss (Resident Trump) committed multiple felonies.

- - - Updated - - -

It certainly would. I would take any avenue that included Trump's exit, but that's the worst choice.
    Watch policy academy lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Nobody fucking cares, dude. Other than the democrats who hate Trump anyway, quite literally NOBODY cares about the Ukraine business.
    The only way to take down a hero, is to first destroy his reputation, otherwise you just make a martyr that gets even more popularity. And Trump's supporters don't give a rat's ass about the Ukraine "quid pro quo".

The lefties are going to have to find something else to smear Trump with. Preferably something that appeals to his fans. I dunno, Trump eats babies?
    So, just going to admit you don't care about the law? Thanks. Now you are going to enjoy when Democrats use it against you? Doubt it, bet you whine and scream if a Democrat looks at you the wrong way, let alone breaking a simple law like jaywalking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Trump's approval rating is higher than ever, higher than it was when he WON the presidency. If the Democrats impeach him, he will become a martyr and his popularity will grow exponentially.
    The Democrats will commit political suicide if they impeach Trump.
    Higher than ever? Really? He has a 41% approval rating. Less than when he was elected at 46% of the vote. The only polling place that says he has anything higher than that is Rasmussen and they only call land lines and use ONLINE polls that can be easily manipulated. So, I don't know what to tell you, other than whatever you are smoking, either smoke more, because it clearly isn't working, or stop smoking because you are clearly fucking high and delusional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Again, precedent means ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL when dealing with this president. And no, she doesn't have to. When Trump breaks precedent on a daily fucking basis, why the fuck should Pelosi listen to Trump?
    It seems Zenkai and others are mad that Pelosi and the Democrats are playing the same game as Republicans now. Pelosi and the Dems are doing everything by the law, even if it's not by "precedent". Republicans have been breaking precedent for decades before the Democrats began doing the same. I'm frankly glad Pelosi has grown a spine. Of course, they'll claim she's "terrified" to put it to a vote, but in reality they're projecting. They're the ones who are terrified that Pelosi et al. are beating Republicans at their own game.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It seems Zenkai and others are mad that Pelosi and the Democrats are playing the same game as Republicans now. Pelosi and the Dems are doing everything by the law, even if it's not by "precedent". Republicans have been breaking precedent for decades before the Democrats began doing the same. I'm frankly glad Pelosi has grown a spine. Of course, they'll claim she's "terrified" to put it to a vote, but in reality they're projecting. They're the ones who are terrified that Pelosi et al. are beating Republicans at their own game.
    Yep, I don't know why zenkai, the totally woke independent voter, thinks that Democrats should follow precedent, when Republicans don't follow it themselves. Trump releasing his taxes, McConnell following the constitution and allowing a Supreme Court justice pick to at least get a damn hearing and vote, etc.

So anyway, now that we're no longer rudely interrupted... quid pro quo? Yes. Yes was one. And Donald Trump can't be President anymore because of it.

Trump broke the fucking law, when he wouldn't divest from the Trump Hotel in Washington DC. He broke the law with the Emoluments Clause. Which is why that lawsuit and subpoenas going through the courts. Which is why with the Doral announcement with the G-7 and inviting Putin, would be a VERY BAD IDEA. But you don't care about facts, you care about defending a wannabe-dictator, that thinks he is above the law. So, you can get out of here with this stupid argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, DO I NEED TO BREAK THE FUCKING CRAYONS OUT AND DRAW YOU A PICTURE? She doesn't fucking have to. And don't whine about precedent when Republicans have failed just about every precedent EVER.

- - - Updated - - -

Think he is talking about the genocide of our now former allies the Kurds.
    Love how all the man-child Trump supporters are getting upset that a woman doesn't have to do what what their cult leader wants her to do. The Dems hold the cards. They do not have to follow Trump's orders or play his games.

Nancy's played this perfectly so far. Reliably, given who is saying "hold a vote!", she should do no such thing.

It's really simple. The Impeachment Inquiry is badly damaging Trump and making Republicans nervous, and Republicans have, in three weeks, assembled a grand total of zero talking points.

She shouldn't help them. So no goddamn vote. Let them eat silence.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Love how all the man-child Trump supporters are getting upset that a woman doesn't have to do what what their cult leader wants her to do. The Dems hold the cards. They do not have to follow Trump's orders or play his games.
    Yep, like I said, they keep whining about precedent, but aren't following it themselves. So why should we?

So, just going to admit you don't care about the law? Thanks. Now you are going to enjoy when Democrats use it against you? Doubt it, bet you whine and scream if a Democrat looks at you the wrong way, let alone breaking a simple law like jaywalking.

- - - Updated - - -

Higher than ever? Really? He has a 41% approval rating. Less than when he was elected at 46% of the vote. The only polling place that says he has anything higher than that is Rasmussen and they only call land lines and use ONLINE polls that can be easily manipulated. So, I don't know what to tell you, other than whatever you are smoking, either smoke more, because it clearly isn't working, or stop smoking because you are clearly fucking high and delusional.
    Wouldn't be a PoS Trump supporter if they did care about the law. Law and Order president/party may ass. The only Law and Order they know of is the show on NBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, like I said, they keep whining about precedent, but aren't following it themselves. So why should we?
    I have repeatedly called and emailed my representatives, and the chairs of the committees requesting they send Capitol police after those that refuse to follow the subpoena.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-2016-probe

Mulvaney is already walking his comments back.

The problem is...he said otherwise - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...nc-server.html

Cross-posting here as it's relevant. Someone told Mulvaney he dun goofed.
    Democrats have a MASSIVE opportunity here and they need to seize on it quickly.

There is now a fissure between the White House position (designed to protect Trump) and what Mulvaney said (designed to impress Trump and get back in his good graces).

Splitting Mulvaney off of Trump will help damage his standing with the Freedom Cacaus and some of the remnant Tea Party that still holds Mulvaney in high regards.

Democrats don't need Mulvaney to testify (yet). Nothing he says will be useful or reliable. But they need to repeat loudly and often "MULVANEY CONFIRMED THE QUID PRO QUO THAT VIOLATES THE CONSTITUTION'. They need to run adds for it. They need to open every interview with it. They need to make Mulvaney expensive for Trump to keep around... a liability... to get him (already on thin ice) pushed out.

Then Mulvaney might be willing to testify in a useful manner.

So Democrats.... grab Mulvaney's "Allah Akbar!" suicide vest moment today and blow it up. Way way up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Democrats have a MASSIVE opportunity here and they need to seize on it quickly.

There is now a fissure between the White House position (designed to protect Trump) and what Mulvaney said (designed to impress Trump and get back in his good graces).

Splitting Mulvaney off of Trump will help damage his standing with the Freedom Cacaus and some of the remnant Tea Party that still holds Mulvaney in high regards.

Democrats don't need Mulvaney to testify (yet). Nothing he says will be useful or reliable. But they need to repeat loudly and often "MULVANEY CONFIRMED THE QUID PRO QUO THAT VIOLATES THE CONSTITUTION'. They need to run adds for it. They need to open every interview with it. They need to make Mulvaney expensive for Trump to keep around... a liability... to get him (already on thin ice) pushed out.

Then Mulvaney might be willing to testify in a useful manner.

So Democrats.... grab Mulvaney's "Allah Akbar!" suicide vest moment today and blow it up. Way way up.
    Agreed. This was a Yuge admission and it needs to be capitalized upon immediately.

(welcome back - thank you for your sacrifice)

Nancy's played this perfectly so far. Reliably, given who is saying "hold a vote!", she should do no such thing.

It's really simple. The Impeachment Inquiry is badly damaging Trump and making Republicans nervous, and Republicans have, in three weeks, assembled a grand total of zero talking points.

She shouldn't help them. So no goddamn vote. Let them eat silence.
    You're incorrect here, Skroe. They have assembled some talking points. But inmediately after doing that, they sent them to the democrats.
    The situation is so ironic, it's kinda fun.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2019-10-18 at 12:09 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

And it's way WAY past due. I'm still puzzling over Mulvaney, though--did they all discuss that idea and think, yeah, that's good, making it about 2016 neutralizes the whole thing? Is it like that moment when they were all still denying that Trump knew anything about the Stormy Daniels payments, and then Giuliani blurted out on tv that of course Trump knew, he had paid Cohen back, so there was no campaign finance violation, and then he smirked like he'd done the best out-foxiest thing ever? These really are the most malign, ignorant motherfuckers on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did we do this already:

Rick Perry to Resign
    Nope, sorry cubby, you have to keep up. Rick Perry denied those resignation rumors and...holy fuck, that was from literally ten days ago and he's already not-not-resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nope, sorry cubby, you have to keep up. Rick Perry denied those resignation rumors and...holy fuck, that was from literally ten days ago and he's already not-not-resigning.
    Has there been a single member that's left that hasn't denied they were leaving beforehand?

Maybe Mattis/McMcaster? But short of them...I think everyone else has denied they were leaving, including Trump denying people wanted to resign, until about 5 minutes before Trump let them know they were resigning via tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    And it's way WAY past due. I'm still puzzling over Mulvaney, though--did they all discuss that idea and think, yeah, that's good, making it about 2016 neutralizes the whole thing? Is it like that moment when they were all still denying that Trump knew anything about the Stormy Daniels payments, and then Giuliani blurted out on tv that of course Trump knew, he had paid Cohen back, so there was no campaign finance violation, and then he smirked like he'd done the best out-foxiest thing ever? These really are the most malign, ignorant motherfuckers on the planet.
    I'll say it again. Thank god we got the "LFR-difficulty Plot Against America".

Imagine if these people were competent. They've only gotten this far because America has degraded it's own immune system against people like them over the last 40 years by going easy who shouldn't have been, and turning a blind eye to transgressions because we like a dude. Their success, such as it is, is mostly a testament to the extent our national sickness rather than their competence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I think they are even more pissed that the picture Trump tried to use to 'slam' Pelosi actually worked in her favor.

For a whole 5 min they thought the narrative would 'Trump once again owns the libs!'. To every normal person Trump looks like a baby being scolded for being a brat.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'll say it again. Thank god we got the "LFR-difficulty Plot Against America".

Imagine if these people were competent. They've only gotten this far because America has degraded it's own immune system against people like them over the last 40 years by going easy who shouldn't have been, and turning a blind eye to transgressions because we like a dude. Their success, such as it is, is mostly a testament to the extent our national sickness rather than their competence.
    Hey! This is not LFR difficulty! This is MC-after-15-yearsdifficulty!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker