10+ Year Old Account
    Hey so, apparently one of Devin Nunes' cronies was instrumental in feeding bogus information to Trump that may or may not have helped influence his decisions regarding Ukraine.

A protégé of Republican Rep. Devin Nunes was among those passing negative information about Ukraine to President Donald Trump earlier this year, fueling the president’s belief that Ukraine was brimming with corruption and interfered in the 2016 election on behalf of Democrats.

Kashyap Patel, a longtime Nunes staffer who joined the White House in February, was so involved in the issue that at one point Trump thought he was in charge of Ukraine policy for the National Security Council, according to congressional testimony by Fiona Hill, the former senior director for European and Russian Affairs whose portfolio included Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This OP ED piece goes into history of the Constitution and Trump's attacks on it.

Earlier this week, Trump referred to a clause in the Constitution as "phony," and he thereby implied that he need not abide it nor enforce it, notwithstanding his oath.

Last week, Mick Mulvaney, the president's acting chief of staff, announced a novel interpretation of this clause contending that it only prohibited "profits" to federal officeholders from foreign governments.

By that interpretation, Mulvaney announced, Trump was able to offer a resort in South Florida owned substantially by a family corporation he controls as the host of his next meeting of G-7 – a group that includes heads of government from six foreign countries – so long as the resort did not earn a profit from the gathering.

After a weekend of torrential criticism, Trump announced that he had changed his mind and said he would not host the G-7 meeting at the Miami area resort. Yet, in the process of doing so, he characterized the Emoluments Clause as "phony."

Who knows what he meant by phony? The clause is in the Constitution and it means what it says. Yet, whatever Trump meant by phony, it constituted at least a disparagement of the Constitution he has sworn to uphold and at worst a threat to ignore clauses he can disparage.

This is most unusual and potentially dangerous, and it raises the question: Can the president lawfully enforce only the clauses of the Constitution with which he agrees and ignore those with which he disagrees? In a word: No.

Trump has become known for forceful and often tasteless banter. He publicly calls people crude names, uses foul language and sends dog whistles of lawless behavior to much of his base. All that is a question of free speech, personal taste and political risk.

But threats to ignore parts of the Constitution are not matters of speech, taste or risk. They reveal character traits that question Trump's fitness for office.
    For added fun, check the link.

- - - Updated - - -

A federal judge has directed the State Department to begin delivering documents to a watchdog group that requested records related to the Trump administration’s interactions with the president’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, about Ukraine.

"The documents and records are of critical importance," U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper said in a Washington, D.C., courthouse on Wednesday.

Cooper directed the State Department to begin handing over the records within 30 days.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Not really surprising the comments section are all bashing him because he isn't a moronic Trump humper.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    We may get public hearings by mid November -
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...y-mid-november
    Looks like Moscow Mitch isn't going to get his wish. I bet President Pelosi is arranging this to be dumped on his lap just before the Christmas holidays.

MLB umpire threatens to buy guns and participate in civil war if Trump is impeached.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-...234819500.html

Report: MLB investigating umpire's threatening tweet regarding Trump impeachment hearings
    Jason Owens
    Yahoo SportsOct 23, 2019, 4:48 PM

Veteran MLB umpire Rob Drake threatened on Twitter on Tuesday to buy an AR-15 for war over the impeachment hearings facing President Donald Trump, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MLB umpire threatens to buy guns and participate in civil war if Trump is impeached.

Report: MLB investigating umpire's threatening tweet regarding Trump impeachment hearings
    Jason Owens

Veteran MLB umpire Rob Drake threatened on Twitter on Tuesday to buy an AR-15 for war over the impeachment hearings facing President Donald Trump, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"
    Terrorist attacks =/= civil war.

I mean they can call it a civil war, doesn't mean it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Hope that umpire enjoys never umping another MLB game again.

I for one am eagerly waiting for redneck force 5 to get yeeted by the strongest military on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Klok View Post
    I for one am eagerly waiting for redneck force 5 to get yeeted by the strongest military on Earth.
    I'm really not looking forward to terrorist attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    We may get public hearings by mid November -
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...y-mid-november
    Oh good, Trump may just try a shut down to slow it down then.

- - - Updated - - -

Jason Owens

First, that has nothing to do with this topic, and two, just because someone is dumb enough to fuck their career means we should let criminals be? Fuck you're smart.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I really don't understand their way of thinking. I've tried to rationalize it in my brain - why people are willing (or at least say they are) to go so far as dying for Trump, and I cant figure it out.

What has Trump done for you that has had such a meaningful impact on your lives? What's changed between when Bush was president, to when Obama was president, to when Trump is president that you're willing to die for? What policies has Trump enacted that have changed American lives for the better? What has he done except give ultra rich people a tax break, where they pay less than the working / middle class?

You have someone that doesn't care about the constitution, who breaks the law, who lies constantly, and has done one thing that doesn't affect 99% of the population.

If Obama had done or said even a fraction of what Trump has, he would have been drawn and quartered. Seriously, look at what Trump has done and imagine if it was Obama, and instead of an R next to his name, it was a D - could you truly and honestly say you'd be ok with it?

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I really don't understand their way of thinking. I've tried to rationalize it in my brain - why people are willing (or at least say they are) to go so far as dying for Trump, and I cant figure it out.

What has Trump done for you that has had such a meaningful impact on your lives? What's changed between when Bush was president, to when Obama was president, to when Trump is president that you're willing to die for? What policies has Trump enacted that have changed American lives for the better? What has he done except give ultra rich people a tax break, where they pay less than the working / middle class?

You have someone that doesn't care about the constitution, who breaks the law, who lies constantly, and has done one thing that doesn't affect 99% of the population.

If Obama had done or said even a fraction of what Trump has, he would have been drawn and quartered. Seriously, look at what Trump has done and imagine if it was Obama, and instead of an R next to his name, it was a D - could you truly and honestly say you'd be ok with it?
    Team Ball uber all,I'm still expecting an "Ich bin ein Trumper" out of various people any day now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    But Trump won't be removed from office, so there's that. Counting chickens before they're hatched and all that..

The more likely scenario is that, a year from now, you'll have bitten your fingernails off down to your second knuckle worried about the reality setting in that your'e getting another 4 years of your nightmare. I'll be there to tell you, "you're welcome".
    Again, one has to ask...what's the endgame here?

What's to stop the next Democrat to hold up funding to Israel with the quid pro quo that it has to open investigations into Congressional Republicans, for example, if this does not merit removal from office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, one has to ask...what's the endgame here?

What's to stop the next Democrat to hold up funding to Israel with the quid pro quo that it has to open investigations into Congressional Republicans, for example, if this does not merit removal from office?
    Part of the master plan is likely that there will be no Democratic President again.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Trump won't be removed from office, so there's that. Counting chickens before they're hatched and all that..

The more likely scenario is that, a year from now, you'll have bitten your fingernails off down to your second knuckle worried about the reality setting in that your'e getting another 4 years of your nightmare. I'll be there to tell you, "you're welcome".
    I seem to remember some similar prediction. How we would all be whining about a pedophile you supported being in office...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Part of the master plan is likely that there will be no Democratic President again.
    Pretty much this. The republicans are assuming that the Democrats respect the rule of law and will never hold a supermajority again.

Gerrymandering, supporting “voter ID laws” that just so happen to disenfranchise minorities, ignoring bills that would enhance polling security, the stunt they pulled with the Supreme Court... they cant get themselves elected or operate within courts of law, so they’re fighting to change who gets to vote and what “legal” means.

That’s why stopping trump here and now is extremely important. Not just to get a dangerously incompetent moron out of a position of power, but to issue an utter rebuke of the current republican strategy of raping the American legal system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I seem to remember some similar prediction. How we would all be whining about a pedophile you supported being in office...
    I’m hoping he’ll be exactly as right about Trump as he was about Moore.

Hell if we’re lucky he’ll also be on another forum vacation at the same time it all comes to a head, just like with Moore.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Jason Owens

Yes yes we get it. If the babies don't get their bottle they will scream and cry and probably post dumb memes on 4chan.
    The real question is why should we encourage the babies to keep screaming? Giving in now only tells them "If I scream I get what I want" so fuck em

More likely? Trump is losing in every poll, impeachment polls only keep rising, 2018 showed people are tired of Trump, his base has only shrunk, independents hate him more and more as the days go by, and he finds himself in yet another fucking scandal where, no surprise, the conman keeps breaking the law.

Do show this "more likely" source of yours oh prophet.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    More likely? Trump is losing in every poll, impeachment polls only keep rising, 2018 showed people are tired of Trump, his base has only shrunk, independents hate him more and more as the days go by, and he finds himself in yet another fucking scandal where, no surprise, the conman keeps breaking the law.

Do show this "more likely" source of yours oh prophet.
    Just imagine the shame and regret of devoting yourself to the worst president in American history, who will go down in history as such for generations to come. Imagine supporting pedophiles and criminals. I for one would be ashamed to be caught supporting a criminal. Even if I supported a candidate at first, and it was later revealed they had committed crimes, I would pull all support. Trump's crimes are far beyond the "if" part of the argument. He has committed high crimes. Anyone who still supports him either has no shame, or silently cries themselves to sleep at night.

Sulla is just here to make teh libs mad. He's said so many times, self admitted. Don't pay him any mind. He'll be shitting himself and backpedaling in 2020, just like he did with Moore. If not sooner.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"