Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumpk...hey-were-wrong

The Trump supporter brain trust identified the whistleblower! And immediately proceeded to start harassing and sending him death threats.

The problem? He doesn't work in the White House and left in January 2017, well before the Ukraine call.

These are not their best. These are not their brightest. Some, I assume, have functional brains.
    Is that the guy that Trump Jr. tweeted about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some, I assume, have functional brains.
    Bold assumption there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhh…
    Oh, right, I forgot Bolton was due to testify.

Now like many, I'm not thrilled with "Bolton doesn't know if he's allowed to testify or not". Simply put, I don't see any good reason why Bolton would be in legal trouble for testifying when required to do so by court or Congress. And I also don't see how Executive Privilege applies when
    1) the whole point was dealing with Ukraine, which is not a WH employee no matter what Trump seems to think, and
    b) since the discussion would be conspiracy to extort, I don't like that Executive Privilege can conceal the evidence, when this is the point of the inquiry in the first place, and
    iii) there are clearly people who are testifying all they want

10+ Year Old Account
    So, because this is that sort of timeline, the whistleblower's laywers sent a cease and desist letter to Trump for repeatedly attacking the whistleblower.

A lawyer for the Ukraine whistleblower, whose complaint document triggered the House impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, has sent a letter to the White House warning the President to "cease and desist" attacking his client.

"I am writing out of deep concern that your client, the President of the United States, is engaging in rhetoric and activity that places my client, the Intelligence Community Whistleblower, and their family in physical danger," Andrew Bakaj wrote to White House counsel Pat Cipollone in a Thursday letter obtained by CNN's Anderson Cooper.

"I am writing to respectfully request that you counsel your client on the legal and ethical peril in which he is placing himself should anyone be physically harmed as a result of his, or his surrogates', behavior," he said.

Trump has repeatedly attacked the whistleblower and tried to discredit the individual, saying he, Trump, deserves to "meet his accuser" and has demanded the whistleblower's identity be revealed. The President has also accused the whistleblower of partisanship though Trump said he had no personal knowledge of the person's identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Bold assumption there.
    "Functional" is a wide range

10+ Year Old Account
    PBS Providing Multiplatform Coverage of Trump Impeachment Hearings

How official are we now? I hope work is light while these are on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    PBS Providing Multiplatform Coverage of Trump Impeachment Hearings

How official are we now? I hope work is light while these are on.
    I hope they have Sesame Street opine on the proceedings.

Trump looks enough like a muppet; why not?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, right, I forgot Bolton was due to testify.

Now like many, I'm not thrilled with "Bolton doesn't know if he's allowed to testify or not". Simply put, I don't see any good reason why Bolton would be in legal trouble for testifying when required to do so by court or Congress. And I also don't see how Executive Privilege applies when
    1) the whole point was dealing with Ukraine, which is not a WH employee no matter what Trump seems to think, and
    b) since the discussion would be conspiracy to extort, I don't like that Executive Privilege can conceal the evidence, when this is the point of the inquiry in the first place, and
    iii) there are clearly people who are testifying all they want
    I'm no fan of Bolton but I think he wants to testify. At the same time he wants to ensure that he won't face any legal repercussions. Also if the judge rules that the WH can't not block him then an entire list of people who have been subpoenaed are in deeper legal jeopardy than they may have thought. I kind of wonder if he's trying to signal to other people in the WH that time is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I hope they have Sesame Street opine on the proceedings.

Trump looks enough like a muppet; why not?
    Let's do a Schoolhouse Rock reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    I'm no fan of Bolton but I think he wants to testify.
    He'd probably also prefer to save some juicy details for an upcoming "insider" book.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    I'm no fan of Bolton but I think he wants to testify.
    I don't think he does seems he wants to be the star of the show he has made demands to the house to make it an event around himself. The man is an ego maniac but democrats can't afford to waste time nor play his games he can have his say in a book tour or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think he does seems he wants to be the star of the show he has made demands to the house to make it an event around himself. The man is an ego maniac but democrats can't afford to waste time nor play his games he can have his say in a book tour or whatever.
    Not saying they should play his game, but sadly book tours aren’t admissible in court
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They should play THE game and subpoena him, followed by holding him in contempt of congress if he’s a no show.
    This is what bugs me, they say they have the authority and then refuse to actually enforce it. Authority you refuse to enforce is authority you effectively don't have.

They need to start sending the Sargent In Arms to round them up and lock them up till they comply going as far as Barr and Trump if need be. Just like they would have done to Clinton if she had become president.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So NPR published a piece detailing how the whistleblower complaints have so far been corroborated:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/09/77617...ated-heres-how

So... https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/polit...wer/index.html

The list for the republicans is out.

They are asking for Hunter Biden and the Whistleblower, so they can whine when they get refused.

Because President Trump should be afforded an
    opportunity to confront his accusers, the anonymous whistleblower should testify.

I don't understand why they insist on continuing this lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Because their base believes it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

They are asking for Hunter Biden and the Whistleblower, so they can whine when they get refused.

opportunity to confront his accusers, the anonymous whistleblower should testify.

Cause it plays with idiots who have no idea how criminal cases flow in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Cause it plays with idiots who have no idea how criminal cases flow in real life.
    It's not even that, he has accusers to face. Everyone who has been pulled into testify has said "Yea he did it" and all he says when he "faces them" is "I don't know these people".

10+ Year Old Account

Schiff should respond by asking them what could Hunter Biden tell them about Trumps lawlessness since he wasn't involved in Trumps criminal conspiracy.

Safe bet Schiff will tell Nunes to go fuck himself, albeit in more polite language.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

As expected, Republicans want to turn it into a clown show by bringing in a bunch of "witnesses" who have absolutely fuck all to do with Trump's crimes.

If they want Biden investigated, then get the DOJ to do it. That's what the DOJ is there for. The fact the DOJ is not investigating this yet strongly suggest that there's no evidence of wrongdoing on Biden's part. This is not an impeachment hearing for Biden, it's for Trump.