10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So the plot thickens. AOC admits that this impeachment is happening because the democrats can't beat trump in the 2020 election otherwise.
    I thought that AOC's opinions were garbage and not worth listening to?

But hey, while you're here, what are your thoughts on Trump saying that he liked Sondland's testimony when Sondland said there was indeed a quid pro quo?

Awww, come now, don't slip away silently and pretend you didn't read this!

You'd only be fooling yourself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    so, whats the over/under that democrats finally nut up and hit this jackass with perjury

used MSN.coms site to avoid the Washington Post's paywall
    Ya ten bucks says the call never happened.

So the plot thickens. AOC admits that this impeachment is happening because the democrats can't beat trump in the 2020 election otherwise.

Some shitty video that actually uses the words "Democratic thought leader"
    I really hate to give any attention to something so fucking ridiculous, but anyone even pretending to exist in the same universe as a good faith argument understands that she was talking about inaction leading to a compromised 2020 election because of this administration's refusal to act. Because that's what she said. It's literally the direct, unambiguous interpretation of the words that came out of her mouth.

This is another example of the conservative bullshit machine's inability to stop and join us in truthful honest debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you're bothering to link propagandists lying about what AOC said, but that's what you're here, doing. It makes you look ridiculous.

Worse, you're digging something up from two weeks ago. She said this on the 13th, and the propaganda video you linked is from the 14th. It's the 27th. This hasn't been a thing because it was never a thing; it's a far-right disinformation campaign. It's no different than the Obama birth certificate horseshit.

Be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not sure why you're bothering to link propagandists lying about what AOC said, but that's what you're here, doing. It makes you look ridiculous.

Worse, you're digging something up from two weeks ago. She said this on the 13th, and the propaganda video you linked is from the 14th. It's the 27th. This hasn't been a thing because it was never a thing; it's a far-right disinformation campaign. It's no different than the Obama birth certificate horseshit.

Be better.
    They know it is propaganda, they are OK with it being a lie so long as it accomplishes their goals.

I know this is slightly tangential but you are dealing with racists, sexists, jingoists and lgbtphobes who only care about "winning."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    They know it is propaganda, they are OK with it being a lie so long as it accomplishes their goals.

I know this is slightly tangential but you are dealing with racists, sexists, jingoists and lgbtphobes who only care about "winning."
    Right, but the alternative to calling it out is letting it pass as if it's legitimate news and maybe someone not checking sources gets misled by it.

My comments are less about trying to get the poster to reform, and more about posting a big flashing warning sign to anyone reading the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Be better.
    Or as Melania would say, "Be best"!

I don't know why we keep responding to efforts to derail with nonsense. Just report and move on. The comment was clearly about Russian interference happening again and not even remotely relevant to the topic of this thread.

So the lack we are hearing about those tapes Lev Parnas gave the house is it due to the tapes not having content or is the house just really keeping it quiet in a way they haven't up to this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't know why we keep responding to efforts to derail with nonsense. Just report and move on. The comment was clearly about Russian interference happening again and not even remotely relevant to the topic of this thread.

So the lack we are hearing about those tapes Lev Parnas gave the house is it due to the tapes not having content or is the house just really keeping it quiet in a way they haven't up to this point?
    Maybe they're trying to do some "dramatic reveal" after the Thanksgiving weekend?

Let everyone get all nice and comfy with their families, eat some turkey, forget about the woes of the world... then BOOM, on Monday, fresh "Trump is a piece of horseshit" news to go around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Or maybe they're finally getting to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, and that the US is currently a Russian owned puppet state.

the do nothing democrats have assured another glorious landslide victory for trump in 2020... so glad to be a part of history in the making!! economy thriving - jobs for everyone, lowest unemployment for women + minorities - need I go on?

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-29 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Do not bait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    the do nothing democrats have assured another glorious landslide victory for trump in 2020... so glad to be a part of history in the making!! economy thriving - jobs for everyone, lowest unemployment for women + minorities - need I go on?
    Your name is plantation. You don’t need to lie about why you like trump.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Your name is plantation. You don’t need to lie about why you like trump.
    Christ it's so on the nose it's forced the bone into the frontal cortex.

10+ Year Old Account
    need I go on?
    You can't defend what Trump has done so you come in here with lies. Yes you need to go on, somewhere else.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems as though while the GOP is still maintaining a solid front in support of their felonious Dear Leader, behind the scenes, the GOP are 'absolutely disgusted and exhausted' by Trump's behavior, as more facts come out regarding the actions surrounding the impeachment hearings.

Looks like the Orange Wall might be cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Seems as though while the GOP is still maintaining a solid front in support of their felonious Dear Leader, behind the scenes, the GOP are 'absolutely disgusted and exhausted' by Trump's behavior, as more facts come out regarding the actions surrounding the impeachment hearings.

Unfortunately most, if not all, of them are always long on talk and very short on action. I wouldn't hold my breath

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Unfortunately most, if not all, of them are always long on talk and very short on action. I wouldn't hold my breath
    Agreed. And the article mentions how "many" are struggling with the right thing to do (vote for impeachment) vs keeping their seat. The GOP members "struggling" with the right thing to do are so fucking stupid - all they have to do is group together and come out en mass in favor of impeachment, which would change the entire neo-con narrative. I'm not saying they could turn this into some kind of party victory, but they might not be as vulnerable as they feel if they grouped up.

The GOP seem to be in an abusive relationship with their Dear One.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Ah yes, another in a distinguished line of Republican Politicians who only say or do the right thing after they're no longer beholden to their peers or constituents. What brave souls they must be to speak out when there's actually nothing on the line nor consequence.

But really, I wish I could share your optimism about this; more or less everything we've heard about republicans willing to break rank is how unwilling they are to do so publicly.

Agreed. And the article mentions how "many" are struggling with the right thing to do (vote for impeachment) vs keeping their seat. The GOP members "struggling" with the right thing to do are so fucking stupid - all they have to do is group together and come out en mass in favor of impeachment, which would change the entire neo-con narrative. I'm not saying they could turn this into some kind of party victory, but they might not be as vulnerable as they feel if they grouped up.

The GOP seem to be in an abusive relationship with their Dear One.
    You are right, if the gop came together with a unanimous vote for impeachment, and subsequently to remove him, they would have more justification with their voter base given that EVERY gop member voted for it, so their voters would have to accept that it was the right thing to do. If only a few vote for it, then voters might consider a different candidate next time.

Maybe you can answer this as so far no trump supporter on this board has been able to...and just ghost the thread, as you will probably do.

If a basketball player scores 90 points in a 110-90 game.....do you give the MVP to the guy who scored 90 points or the one who scored the last 10 points?

So why would Trump get anything but minor credit for the "lowest unemployment" ever???

2nd, if 1.9% (2.1% adjusted) is now "thriving" why was it "failing" in 2009-2016?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!