Is there a word for this? I see this type of thing in comedy shows like South Park all the time where two sides going up against each other with different opinions and everyone just regards it as two sides of a coin. Except from an unbiased and impartial viewpoint, there's one side that's obviously being insane.

We already know republicans don't care about the constitution or rule of law. This is a great moment in American history because the dems stood up for our country regardless of what the senate does. Republicans may not give a shit about democracy, but the dems just shows the country and world that they certainly do.

Republicans need to dump Trump and get their shit together so the country has legitimate alternatives to dem candidates in future elections.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Nono, there was a bit right at the end where the Speaker said something like the articles were being tabled to be reconsidered or something like that
    oh that part, i am as lost as you are. but i believe it has something to do with a thing tomorrow maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Tulsi Gabard showing her true colors as always.
    RIP her campaign. Glad too, she has the worst views of the democrats and republicans combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Oh no, impeachment when they don't control the Senate. This is why the 2018 "Blue Wave" failed. They didn't get control of Congress, just the House. Plans to impeach Trump were already in place in 2018. They're only shot now is winning the presidential election.
    The times a president was impeached, their party lost the next election. Could be coincidence but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Is there a word for this? I see this type of thing in comedy shows like South Park all the time where two sides going up against each other with different opinions and everyone just regards it as two sides of a coin. Except from an unbiased and impartial viewpoint, there's one side that's obviously being insane.
    Absurd? Surreal? Those are the only terms that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    oh that part, i am as lost as you are. but i believe it has something to do with a thing tomorrow maybe?
    Pretty sure it has to do with this:

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBY8HRA?ocid=st

So what now?

If it goes to the Senate, there will be negotiations over how that trial will be conducted. Republicans can indeed control much of it, given they have a 53-47 majority and can set the rules. Democrats have said they want new witnesses like Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton. Do they propose some kind of horse trade -- perhaps allowing Joe Biden to testify in exchange for one of those two? How do they play this, when it’s not longer in their hands?

It sounds like there could also be a curveball ahead. House leaders are apparently toying with a suggestion some legal scholars have floated: That the House wait to report the articles to the Senate.

“Some think it’s a good idea. And we need to talk about it,” Hoyer said. He added, “It’s an interesting proposal. I don’t think that that’s the path we will follow, but that does not mean we will immediately deliver it. There are considerations related to other legislation.”

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) also told Politico that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) “indicated she was interested and considering it.”

The idea would basically be that doing so would deprive the Senate of the ability to acquit Trump and allow him to claim exoneration. And in the meantime, Democrats could continue to investigate and possibly win court cases to get key information and witness they haven’t gotten thus far. Some Democrats have taken Pelosi’s decision not to name impeachment managers yet as a sign that this option is in-play. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I think the popular word for it currently is "gaslighting."

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Tulsi Gabard showing her true colors as always.
    Really disappointed in her to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I think you don't know what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Really disappointed in her to be honest.
    Voting purely to preserve her hannity credit is pretty embarrassing.

Meanwhile in reality, Trump's approval numbers are climbing and the senate just confirmed 13 more Trump-appointed judges. Keep screaming on your World of Warcraft forum though, that'll make something happen.

Can’t wait for this to get laughed at in the Senate. Waste of taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Meanwhile in reality, Trump's approval numbers are climbing and the senate just confirmed 13 more Trump-appointed judges. Keep screaming on your World of Warcraft forum though, that'll make something happen.
    okay boomer
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-12-19 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No, that's not gaslighting, gaslighting is something else. It's this fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation

Argument to moderation (Latin: argumentum ad temperantiam)—also known as false equivalence, false compromise, argument from middle ground, fallacy of gray, middle ground, equidistance fallacy, and the golden mean fallacy—is an informal use of flawed reasoning which says that the truth is a compromise between two opposite positions.

An example of a fallacious use of the argument to moderation would be to regard two opposed arguments—one person saying that the sky is blue, while another claims that the sky is in fact yellow—and conclude that the truth is that the sky is green. While green is the colour created by combining blue and yellow, therefore being a compromise between the two positions—the sky is obviously not green, demonstrating that taking the middle ground of two positions does not always lead to the truth.

Vladimir Bukovsky maintained that the middle ground between the Big Lie of Soviet propaganda and the truth was itself a lie, and one should not be looking for a middle ground between disinformation and information. According to him, people from the Western pluralistic civilization are more prone to this fallacy because they are used to resolving problems by making compromises and accepting alternative interpretations—unlike Russians, who are looking for the absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Can’t wait for this to get laughed at in the Senate. Waste of taxpayer money.
    Sorry about your money, but the House was voted in by the people in 2018 and did what the Constitution demanded of them.

Remember people, there will be no death star trench run to get trump out of office no magic button that just needs pressing to win forever, this is political siege warfare. We must never stop applying pressure we never let trump and his cohort rest. Even when hes out of office keep the pressure on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Sorry about your money, but the House was voted in by the people in 2018 and did what the Constitution demanded of them.
    Is that why the vote happened along party lines and 2 Democrats voted no and one is swapping parties? All House Democrats care about is further dividing the country.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-12-19 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why the vote happened along party lines and 2 Democrats voted no and one is swapping parties? All House Democrats care about is further dividing the country.
    The democrats are not uniting or dividing anyone.

The democrats would be fine with cooperating with republicans if republican policies weren’t insane and the republicans weren’t being led by a criminal man child.

That the democrats hold themselves to a higher standard of engagement and moral decency is not the fault of the democrats; it’s the fault of the republicans for being so morally repugnant so as to make cooperation with the republicans an affront to the United States and what it stands for.

As evidenced by Donald trump. Being impeached. Your guy was impeached. Just keep repeating that back to yourself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

All Republicans care about is staying in power. That's why the senate Republicans have already made up their minds before even holding the trial. That hyper-partisanship is what you're cheering on now.

Feels good, even when the Senate eventually aquits him, I want their names and faces for time and everyone to see that they let a president grossly abuse his office.

Until then time for a drink and to celebrate.