10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Two worrying things for Democrats the way I see. One, Trump's approval rating hasn't gone down an inch despite being formally impeached. Two, even the anti-Trump media feel the need to cover Schumer's astounding hypocrisy.
    The first just shows that trying to bridge the gap to Trump supporters is pissing into the wind. They are not basing their views upon facts nor reason, and there is literally no argument or evidence you could present any of them with that would ever change their minds on their support for Trump. They have their Chosen One, and so they shut their brains off completely.

They are unreasonable, irrational people, and there is no outreach or appeal that they would ever listen to. All you can do is ignore their outcries and abandon them to the dustbin of history as society marches on.

The second, you're pretty blatantly misrepresenting Schumer's points. There is no hypocrisy on display, there. Everyone's always been aware that impeachment is a political process. What people are taking issue with is McConnell's stance that the facts do not matter when it comes to Republican politics. Which isn't something Schumer ever defended.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If the investigation had started through official means and channels (eg. going through the DoJ or FBI) then there would not have been an issue.

Instead it was done through corrupt methods: telling a country they'll only get money if they help dig up some dirt on Biden - while also telling them to pretend they did it all out of their own volition.

Meanwhile we're still waiting for those full transcripts of the phone call that Trump promised to deliver...
    I'm still waiting on Obama's real birth certificate Trump claimed he had in his desk drawer. I'm still waiting on his tax returns he promised to release if he won. Also still waiting on any evidence of Biden wrong doing in Ukraine.

Joe was acting on behalf of the united stated, the EU, and the IMF to pressure through official channels Ukraine to remove a corrupt AG to benefit the country, Ukraine, the EU, and businesses that deal with everything Ukraine. Trump pressured Ukraine for personal gain using unofficial channels and his personal attorney. One is perfectly legal the other is not.

We all know the answer to this but if Trump was a democrat or Obama did this, all the usually suspects would be calling for their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Everyone's always been aware that impeachment is a political process.
    Sane, intelligent, and rational people have been aware. Trump, the GOP, the oral diarrhea spewing conservative talking heads and GOP supporters don't seem to understand.

The second, you're pretty blatantly misrepresenting Schumer's points. There is no hypocrisy on display, there. Everyone's always been aware that impeachment is a political process. What people are taking issue with is McConnell's stance that the facts do not matter when it comes to Republican politics. Which isn't something Schumer ever defended.
    Schumer 2019: McConnell has the audacity to call impeachment a political process
    Scuhmer 1999: Impeachment is a political process

He is a hypocrite. Justify it to yourself anyway you want but the fact is that most Americans don't need to play left-wing mental gymnastics when they see big, obvious facts right in front of their face.

Schumer 2019: McConnell has the audacity to call impeachment a political process

He is a hypocrite. Justify it to yourself anyway you want but the fact is that most Americans don't need to play left-wing mental gymnastics when they see big, obvious facts right in front of their face.
    So that must explain why you criticise Trump, who has a back-catalogue of being hypocritical about literally fucking everything. Oh wait, you don't criticise Trump, despite that. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite as well?

So is this a roundabout way of telling us that you hate yourself? I'm so confused.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-29 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Don't make baiting comments
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So that must explain why you criticise Trump, who has a back-catalogue of being hypocritical about literally fucking everything. Oh wait, you don't criticise Trump, despite that. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite as well?

So is this a roundabout way of telling us that you hate yourself? I'm so confused.
    Whataboutism. I like how so many of you remember everything I say when I only ever recognize like five of you. The sheeple blend together in my mind I suppose.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-29 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Don't make baiting comments

Whataboutism. I like how so many of you remember everything I say when I only ever recognize like five of you. The sheeple blend together in my mind I suppose.
    Talking about shit Trump did isn't whataboutism when the topic is shit Trump did.

Schumer 2019: impeachment is a political processes

Your trolling attempt in misrepresenting Schumer words is astonishing.

The first just shows that trying to bridge the gap to Trump supporters is pissing into the wind. They are not basing their views upon facts nor reason, and there is literally no argument or evidence you could present any of them with that would ever change their minds on their support for Trump. They have their Chosen One, and so they shut their brains off completely.

They are unreasonable, irrational people, and there is no outreach or appeal that they would ever listen to. All you can do is ignore their outcries and abandon them to the dustbin of history as society marches on.
    Its almost as if Trump could just shoot someone on fifth avenue and they'd still vote for him........
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Two worrying things for Democrats the way I see. One, Trump's approval rating hasn't gone down an inch despite being formally impeached. Two, even the anti-Trump media feel the need to cover Schumer's astounding hypocrisy.
    And neither of those things make it ok for a sitting President to commit crimes. When you Trumpkins get it through your head that it doesn't matter what other people do, if someone commits a crime, they should be punished for it. Your ridiculous whataboutism's just make it clear you don't care about the rule of law, so long at Trump can own the libs.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting development - Trump may have violated the Protection Laws by retweeting the name of the Whistleblower.

And he's so proud of what he did, he immediately deleted it from his Twitter feed. Whoops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting development - Trump may have violated the Protection Laws by retweeting the name of the Whistleblower.

And he's so proud of what he did, he immediately deleted it from his Twitter feed. Whoops.
    Let's be real here:
    One if his handlers saw it, went "OH FUCK" and deleted the tweet.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's be real here:
    One if his handlers saw it, went "OH FUCK" and deleted the tweet.
    Good point. The Atlantic has an article out regarding this latest felony from our Cheeto-in-Chief titled "A Gangster in the White House" - and it is exceedingly accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good point. The Atlantic has an article out regarding this latest felony from our Cheeto-in-Chief titled "A Gangster in the White House" - and it is exceedingly accurate.
    lol that title confused me because I thought "gangster" was slang for "badass" in modern times.

And neither of those things make it ok for a sitting President to commit crimes. When you Trumpkins get it through your head that it doesn't matter what other people do, if someone commits a crime, they should be punished for it. Your ridiculous whataboutism's just make it clear you don't care about the rule of law, so long at Trump can own the libs.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh I found the tweet a little while ago. It was still on his feed. I reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Uh I found the tweet a little while ago. It was still on his feed. I reported it.
    Twitter do something about Donald Trump? No chance there.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ggw?li=BBnb7Kz

It was hidden for a while because of a "glitch."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol that title confused me because I thought "gangster" was slang for "badass" in modern times.
    You're confusing gangster with gangsta. The latter is sometimes used as slang for badass, the former is almost always used to describe someone involved in criminal enterprise or behaviors common to criminal enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So the DOJ is defending Trump by calling him an idiot, incompetent or is Unfit for his job.

The Justice Department says in a new court filing that when it comes to FISA declassifciation, President Trump doesn't know what he's tweeting about. https://t.co/4PVr5I6xHn
    https://twitter.com/bradheath/status...660470784?s=19

Also DOJ: When President Trump quotes somebody on Twitter accusing his government of wrongdoing, that "cannot be assumed to be his confirmation of the media reporting based on government information, and it is not evidence of government misconduct." https://t.co/mm38j6qtuR
    https://twitter.com/bradheath/status...665404416?s=19

More to the Twitter thread.

DOJ also says that when President Trump comments on national security matters on Twitter, that doesn't mean his statements are accurate, or that he has any personal knowledge that they are correct. https://t.co/CAZ8u38JGb
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So the DOJ is defending Trump by calling him an idiot, incompetent or is Unfit for his job.
    It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

DOJ also says that when President Trump comments on national security matters on Twitter, that doesn't mean his statements are accurate, or that he has any personal knowledge that they are correct. https://t.co/CAZ8u38JGb
    I can't imagine anything that the Onion or another parody site could some up with that would be worse than this.

I have to imagine Onion writers have had more than their fair share of frustrating days having to come up with ridiculous fake stories that don't seem real when it comes to Trump.